tModLoader The Thorium Mod

I think that the two final bard weapons, the Rockstars Double Bass Guitar and Sonic Amplifier, need to be buffed in the form of both having consistent homing and piercing. The Double Bass Guitar has the potential to be an amazing weapon but it is extremely difficult to try and do consistent damage with it while you are in large open areas. I love doing class playthroughs so much and I just want to see this awesome Bard class reach its highest potentials that it can.

How exactly do you set up a multiplayer server with Thorium on it? Do I need something like Tunngle because I have Evolve, which works the same.
I've been trying to run a small server for a friend and I to play on but nothing he does lets him connect, it either gets stuck on "Connecting" or "Connecting to (me)"

He lp ??

Last edited:
I just wanted to put a bit more feedback in... I've played through most of this as Bard, and now I'm doing a Healer solo run, and it's interesting but I notice a lot of content voids. There's a lot of crafting material already available; maybe refrain from adding new materials every time you want to add a new concept, and just use what's there in different combinations.

A lot of Healer gear is useless when solo, which is a downer; I didn't realize many effects can target other players but CAN'T target you, making items like Spirit Water Pouch and Life's Gift completely pointless. I also find there's just very little early-game gear that supports these classes... as either, I can't find exciting reasons to farm icy shards, fight the Star Scouter or Buried Champion, kill the Queen Jellyfish or deal with the Diverman (which is a bummer) (except to unlock Water Walking Boots on the Cobbler), and most of the NPCs, vanilla or Thorium, that sell gear for various reasons don't sell anything particularly useful to these classes.

I notice there was some discussion a while back about using Dark Intent or similar options to allow the Healer to switch between healing and smiting, and I think this would be an amazing idea! I'm already using Iridescent Armor over Templar Armor because it's more aggressive. Same with using Crystal Honey over Crystal Arcanite. The saving grace for me so far, oddly enough, has been the burst damage of Poison Prickler, because, while scythes are great melee-range, the Life Disperser is amazingly unremarkable (its only upside is range). Since I have no reason to kill the Scouter, Champion, or Storm, all I have left is the Wall and, hopefully, options will open up in Hardmode.

Just some feedback! I still love this mod!

here's an idea for the future, more sentries and a way to get more max sentries, as of right now, there are 8 armor sets in the game for sentries, all in hard mode, not to mention how in reality there are only 2 sets because each set of 4 is a personal preference deal, so more armors and sentries would make a pure defender using the sentries possible
I had just come up with the concept of this idea, since sentries cannot move, I think it should have 5-10 more attack than a normal summon and the defender can get 5-10 more defense than a normal summoner
also, although I don't have any ideas for what the armor or sentries will be, but I do have a rate of progression in mind in comparison to the bosses from vanilla terraria
*Pre-Boss - first weapon, no armor yet, I feel as if you should be able to fight a boss for the armor first, maybe make King Slime or a pre-eye boss drop materials for the first armor, again, this is all a concept still
*Post-EoW/BoC - second armor set, this is where the old ones start normally, so let the player get the sentry from the Tavernkeep, then make it so after tier 1 of the old ones you get a new armor
*Post-Skeletron - last armor for pre-hardmode, no new weapons, but this armor is needed for the WoF, so with your ballista/flameburst you take it out and enter hardmode
*Pre-Mech - new armor, no need for a new sentry due to old ones tier 2 around the corner and the Queen Spider, I was thinking of using the spider fangs you collect to make this armor, but again, this is just a concept, not trying to be restrictive
*Post-Mech/Pre-Plantera - armor and weapons, I want to use the souls from the mech bosses and Hallow bars for the armor, not sure about weapon though
*Post-Golem - we already have the weapons and armor from this, so no need to add more here
*Post-ML - I think we already know what I have in mind, a new item from the Stardust Fragments for a new weapon and a new armor from a mix of Luminite and the Stardust Fragments again
this is what I have in mind for the concept of our defender class hero, if anyone can make this a bit smoother or come up with designs and functions for this defenders armor and weapons, I would love to know, thanks a ton

Bug report:
Crafted Halloween Spirit and Holiday's Greeting.
I've put them into item racks. Works fine.
Save and quit, Trying to get back into the world "load failed"

Fun fact: You can summon multiple GTBs. Just killed 18 of them for a laugh.

(On a related note: If you're using the Joost mod, you may want to think twice about using their fishing shotguns to summon Lord Fishron... the result could potentially make you VERY unhappy!)

A lot of Healer gear is useless when solo, which is a downer; I didn't realize many effects can target other players but CAN'T target you

I logged on here to give feedback JUST like this - only for Bard. Through my bard playthrough with a friend, it doesn't look like I get any of my own Sub-woofer effects and neither do summoners in most cases. My friend is a summoner (always is unfortunately) and I just couldn't justify being a support class when it doesn't support enough, so I switched to summoner as well. Also, although I did find out how to increase your maximum inspiration I did find it a little obscure and troubling to discover it by myself. It's a very fun class to play with but in my opinion it doesn't fair well when paired with other mods in expert mode. Maybe make the guitar pick, silver mouthpiece and plunger mute in-inventory accessories that work when you just carry them? That'll allow more accessory space for bard classes so that they can do solo play more smoothly.

That's my feedback for the Bard class.

Back
Top Bottom