Casual Things you believed when you were very young

That pointing at plants would make them die

That there was the boogeyman

That babies came out of armpits. I don't why the heck I thought of that.

But most importantly, that no one could save me from bullying.

Another thing: I used to think parents could read your mind. I went on believing that all the way until I was 11.

And one more, extremely inaccurate thing I believed:
That Comic Sans was cool.

Last edited:
I thought characters in the children's movies I watched actually had to call each other up to appear on the screen at the same time. I actually imagined them doing so.

That you are born either as an adult or a child and you stay that way permanently.

That if I didn't wash my hair, things would start to inhabit it. First geckos, then crabs, then spiders.

i used to think that all video games were bad. also that all dogs were male and all cats were female, and that if it's ears were up it was a cat, and if it's ears were down it was a dog. i had a toy dog that i insisted was a cat because it's ears were up.

Last edited:
I used to think that every new episode of a cartoon I watched was made during the week after the last one was shown. And the break between seasons was the people who make the show taking a break.

I used to think that every new episode of a cartoon I watched was made during the week after the last one was shown. And the break between seasons was the people who make the show taking a break.
That one is kinda true, for the first part.

Miracles were real
Adults had eyes on the back of their heads
That's probably it.

When i was around 6 i wouldnt get dressed in front of the tv for fear they could see me???? Am i the only one???? Maybe i was 26????who could remember.

That my biological father was a god
That stars were some magical creature's eyes
That evil didn't exist
That death wasn't real
That homosexuals didn't exist
That there was no such a thing as sex
That girls were disgusting
That magic existed
That ghosts were real

Another one I remembered is that as the older you got, the better you were at everything. Somewhat related to how I thought Adults knew everything. Which is why when I turned to 7 from 6 years old I thought that would mean I would get better.

That the word "ball" only referred to the spherical object and didn't have a different "Not very innocent" meaning.

Words like "poop", " butt", etc were "bad words"

Somewhat similar, I thought the above words were inappropriate words and not okay to use in regular conversations.

Back
Top Bottom