Ultimate Pumpkin Moon AFK autofarm (record final wave at 10:30pm + 42 platinum/night)

If you want to build the activation mechanism on console, here's one way it can be done:

qJbiEPY.jpg

The top hoik teeth can be created on console. The switch connects the two teleporters and sends the NPC from the right teleporter into the left teleporter, and the NPC is pushed into the pressure plate mechanism. To bring the NPC back, the same switch can be used. If this is built far away from the arena, the NPC shouldn't be in any danger.

Of course the King's Statue isn't recommended for Moon events due to the problem of town NPCs teleporting back home at night, so a house like this can be built:

3D8EF0FDC04CF16DC8B5D922A32B1DAE4804F072

The house can be even smaller than shown. So long as the house remains on screen during the Frost Moon event, the NPC will not teleport back to it.

Last edited:
This farm worked perfect for us the very first time we ran it. Now our accessories were a little different so we didn't get 42 platinum out of it. Anyways, we have tried it 4 times since and something happens and we get killed. We are spawning the slime in before its time to start. I can see our health going down to 499 then back up... Then when mourning wood comes along... DEATH!!! We can't figure out what happens. The ravens are spawned in the box and we don't move or click anything once we spawn in the event

This farm worked perfect for us the very first time we ran it. Now our accessories were a little different so we didn't get 42 platinum out of it. Anyways, we have tried it 4 times since and something happens and we get killed. We are spawning the slime in before its time to start. I can see our health going down to 499 then back up... Then when mourning wood comes along... DEATH!!! We can't figure out what happens. The ravens are spawned in the box and we don't move or click anything once we spawn in the event

I wonder if in multiplayer there are additional considerations when it comes to damage prioritization, since in single player I can run the farm as many times as I want without ever getting hit by the bosses. Did you run the farm and then stay in the world, holding onto your ravens? If so, it might be possible that the ravens (that belong to the player that isn't hosting, or perhaps that belong to either player) are changing the prioritization. Try running the farm again but summon the ravens from scratch. Alternately, try exiting and re-entering to see if that makes any difference.

The only other thing that might be an issue that I can think of is a mob spawning just moments before the slime is summoned. There is a very narrow window when that could conceivably happen (daytime hardmode mobs will die in 1 hit from the spear traps, so the window is the brief moment between the spawn event and a spear trap making contact, which might possibly be up to 10 game ticks).

Sorry, when I said we, I meant my son and I. We take turns. We have the spear traps set up to start when we teleport into the slime pit and we wait before turning on the slime. I plan on trying again and again. It was so much fun watching it the first time!!!!! We have to stock up on some more potions before going at it again.

Sorry, when I said we, I meant my son and I. We take turns. We have the spear traps set up to start when we teleport into the slime pit and we wait before turning on the slime. I plan on trying again and again. It was so much fun watching it the first time!!!!! We have to stock up on some more potions before going at it again.

Ah, I see, so the runs were solo then. Was in on PC or console? There have been some strange issues on console, but on PC when playing solo you rarely should encounter issues. I'm not sure what might have happened with the damage prioritization, but you can still try exiting/re-entering, summoning ravens from scratch etc. And yeah the farm is really fun to watch, even away from keyboard :).

Ah, I see, so the runs were solo then. Was in on PC or console? There have been some strange issues on console, but on PC when playing solo you rarely should encounter issues. I'm not sure what might have happened with the damage prioritization, but you can still try exiting/re-entering, summoning ravens from scratch etc. And yeah the farm is really fun to watch, even away from keyboard :).

This is on PC. I make sure that before I teleport into the slime/honey station that I have no ravens spawned. Then spawn them into the top box. Still unsure on what happened. Will keep working on it and see if I can notice something happening.

Nice farm mate, but it didn't work on PS3, the mob wouldn't spawn, despite making the "roar" noise. Any ideas? Was I too high up @ 38 blocks?

Nice farm mate, but it didn't work on PS3, the mob wouldn't spawn, despite making the "roar" noise. Any ideas? Was I too high up @ 38 blocks?

No, 38 is fine - mobs spawn between 36 and 45 tiles below player position. This farm does work on console since many console players have built this farm before, so something must be going wrong on your end. What do you mean by "roar noise"? Are you hearing mobs spawning? Can you take a pic of your set-up?

No, 38 is fine - mobs spawn between 36 and 45 tiles below player position. This farm does work on console since many console players have built this farm before, so something must be going wrong on your end. What do you mean by "roar noise"? Are you hearing mobs spawning? Can you take a pic of your set-up?

If I do take a picture, it'll be a crappy camera phone image, but yes I can. Also, I can't zoom out like on PC. Maybe I'm not high enough. As for the noise, it's the one every boss/mob makes when you summon it/them. It's weird, because it was working before my rebuild, but when I call up the map, there's no monsters anywhere on it. I'll do the pic later.

If I do take a picture, it'll be a crappy camera phone image, but yes I can. Also, I can't zoom out like on PC. Maybe I'm not high enough. As for the noise, it's the one every boss/mob makes when you summon it/them. It's weird, because it was working before my rebuild, but when I call up the map, there's no monsters anywhere on it. I'll do the pic later.

Ah I see, so when you use the Pumpkin Medallion or the Naughty Present you hear the roar but no mobs spawn. If that's the case than it is most likely because the spawn surface is not distant enough from the player's position, or it has become accidentally actuated. Sending even a low quality pic is fine, so long as you can see in the pic the player box and the spawn surface.

I just tried again; I drained off the lava on one side and they started coming in, it was still a bit of a lash-up though. If I'm honest, I haven't fully recreated your trap, I made modifications inspired by it, but now I'm just going to copy yours. Out of interest, would the fact that spiky balls are bouncing around in the spawn point affect the spawn rate?

I just tried again; I drained off the lava on one side and they started coming in, it was still a bit of a lash-up though. If I'm honest, I haven't fully recreated your trap, I made modifications inspired by it, but now I'm just going to copy yours. Out of interest, would the fact that spiky balls are bouncing around in the spawn point affect the spawn rate?

They won't affect the spawn rate - mobs can spawn directly inside the projectiles from traps.

Let me know once you're able to get the farm working if you end up duplicating the one I posted!

I'm still having trouble getting things to spawn below me. They spawn at the correct depth, but only to the left and right, not in the zone of death. I might try using transporters like that aussie guy did on youtube.

I'm still having trouble getting things to spawn below me. They spawn at the correct depth, but only to the left and right, not in the zone of death. I might try using transporters like that aussie guy did on youtube.

It's best to avoid the teleporters if possible, because the spawn rate is so high and you end up with a ton of back-teleportation (even if you use hoiks on top of the destination teleporter to force the mobs off the teleporter as soon as possible). Use the approach if there's no other way to solve the issue. I'd suggest shifting the spawn surface to the side (you don't need both sides) and keep that area buffeted by traps.

I've sussed it: the "honey chamber" I was in was about 4 tiles too low, despite being 40 tiles up, must be a console thing. I got to wave 15, but it wasn't AFK, I had to take a healing potion and I died right at sunrise, plus I kept dropping a frost hydra in there too. I think the pumpking chamber isn't tall enough, is it only his head that takes damage?

Last edited:
I've sussed it: the "honey chamber" I was in was about 4 tiles too low, despite being 40 tiles up, must be a console thing.

Interesting. So you needed to be at least 44 tiles above the spawn surface then?

I got to wave 15, but it wasn't AFK, I had to take a healing potion and I died right at sunrise, plus I kept dropping a frost hydra in there too. I think the pumpking chamber isn't tal enough, is it only his head that takes damage?

Yes, just the head, not the arms. Are you seeing different Pumpking behavior compared to what you see in the video? The chamber is designed to limit the ravens to a small area to kill the pumpkings as soon as possible, but if you're seeing different behavior on console you should expand the raven chamber.

If you ever take damage from bosses, it's a prioritization issue with the slime. You might try putting the slime statue on a timer too see if it improves things.

I was thinking of having 3 slimes in there with me this time. It got really troublesome when I took off the cross necklace, just to see what would happen. Also, (forgive the innuendo) but the Mourning Wood isn't climbing, I can see the fireballs and here it die though.

The chamber would have been fine if I hadn't raised the honey chamber up a few blocks, rewiring it is going to be a bit of a ball-ache, but it's worth it in the long run.

I was thinking of having 3 slimes in there with me this time. It got really troublesome when I took off the cross necklace, just to see what would happen. Also, (forgive the innuendo) but the Mourning Wood isn't climbing, I can see the fireballs and here it die though.

It looks like some shifting of the chamber to the right will be required on console to get the Mourning Woods to climb. Other console users mentioned that they do climb, but this arena will require a slight adjustment for that to happen. It's a bit unfortunate that the console version of the farm cannot be identical to the PC version and I only wish I could do the testing myself, so once any console player gets things working perfectly I'd really like a screenshot to help out all the other players!

Last edited:
Testing's half the fun mate, don't worry about it. I just did it again, it would have been perfect if I had the on/off button differently. I've got the slime statue on the same button as the farm switch, so when I did 3 slimes (which worked perfectly, no damage) I killed the bird s before they were done turning things on. I'm rewiring now, I've just had an eclipse start right after, then a blood moon after that. Did you say one tile wide in enough for the Mourning Wood to climb?

Testing's half the fun mate, don't worry about it. I just did it again, it would have been perfect if I had the on/off button differently. I've got the slime statue on the same button as the farm switch, so when I did 3 slimes (which worked perfectly, no damage) I killed the bird s before they were done turning things on.

Ah, so that was it - the slime was summoned before the bird died, so the slime wouldn't necessary get higher priority than one of the event mobs once the event gets started. If the slime is summoned after the bird dies, it should end up with top priority.

I'm rewiring now, I've just had an eclipse start right after, then a blood moon after that. Did you say one tile wide in enough for the Mourning Wood to climb?

Yes, one tile wide brick is enough for the Woods to climb so long as the player is directly above and to the side of the brick.

Back
Top Bottom