tModLoader Various Weathers

• Day of Eruption: Feels weird without days for all the pillars. Could also be pretty punishing. That said, move it to post-Golem, make it fairly rare, fairly low spawn rates, give the enemies a small chance to drop a few of their pillar fragments, and add one for all the pillars, this could be a cool extra (especially if it supported mod pillar types (like Thorium's Celestial and Shooting Star fragments, or the Quasar Fragments from Sacred Tools).
  • Autumn Harvest: Nice, but feels like it's missing something.
  • Singularity Outbreak: Everything I said for Day of Eruption applies here too.
Yeah, it's true that'd better to have an event for each type of pillar, I just was too lazy to find cool ideas to fit the rest in :p
As for the harvest, I guess it could also make the Halloween event as well for the day. Maybe a similar one for Presents day.

Also, a freebie:
Plantera's Allure - All flowers blossom during the day.
Decay and Regrowth - Basics herbs will die, and sometimes trees will grow. Allowing for better plants to spawn.

//////////////////////////////////////crazy mode ON
- Hardmode only : fairy migration : some spawn of fairy that move east to west
or west to east and they are in big numbers and passive but i f you attack them ...its dangerous!
they can fly in V .the weak are behind and the strong at start... well its

upload_2019-3-27_8-11-53.png

they can take "break" on the day . ( maybe with new sprite) and relax to go after a while.
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
upload_2019-3-27_8-14-27.png

[doublepost=1553689418,1553688866][/doublepost]Ant Day
---------------
- in this event, many ant will populate the surface to grab herb/thrash item on the ground or droped by mobs or what the player throw in just to clean and "bring " in their anthill.
-Some unique items for this event may appear
- Maybe some red ants, more dangerous. ++ attack invasion type with ant wing and a queen ant in the end
- Ant scout before a ants day
- ( thks for thorium for this sprites)
upload_2019-3-27_8-22-31.png

Liked the idea mentioned by orian34 earlier (fresh to this forum, so I sadly don't know how to add quote's properly) about lunar event "weathers". I can imagine these events happening very rarely after you defeat plantera (or maybe after one of your first solar eclipses/hardmode invasions) with relevant mob spawns and appropriate graphics to boot. After the cultists and pillars have been dealt with the first time, and the following defeat of the moonlord, these events would become more common but still rare (Reason? The energy of the pillars maybe attracted similar energies/enemies from other parts of space, making the events more commonplace). Even though they would not be "weather", I could still imagine them counting as weather due to the fact that it's the energies of the pillars that cause these events over time. Like the solar energy causing hot winds and flares, starlight causing a coldspell, nebula causing maybe acidic and status effecting rain, and the vortex causes dreadful lightningstorms.

I thus present the following names and effects (Feel free to change anything here):

Solar wind: Enemies from the solar pillar event would start spawning everywhere, and drop appropriate loot for that invasion type, albeit not at the same rate as to prevent this event from becoming OP (and make pillar farming redundant). The background would take upon the same colour scheme and have meteors falling, but one would also see the sun flaring up stronger than before (during the day), and the moon would become brighter and change colour to a more orange tint. One would also see auroras (different colours than in snow biome) even in biomes outside the taiga, and during the day the sky would have a similar wavy effect like one see's in deserts, as to point out the "heat" nature of the event. A status effect called sunburnt/scorched could also affect you, causing you to take more fire damage than normal (add other effects here).

Space storm (vortex): Same setup as before, but instead of a flaring sun, one would see a large amount of lightning happening in the sky and in the space above the clouds (in the space background). The colour spectrum would be the same with the night sky having a green tinge as a cosmic storm passes over the planet. Lightning strikes are more common during this event, and you get a status effect called energized that increases all types of speed, but increases mana consumption/usage (distruptive energies in the sky) and potion cooldown (not sure with the effects on this one, feel free to change).

Nebulous clouds: Same deal. This event would pour down with a strange "purple rain" ( :p) that upon contact can cause the player to gain a lot of different status effects. To avoid the worst of them (makes the ones later in the game more rare) an ankh shield or something similar is a must before you brave this weather event. The background would have this purple haze with strange flashes in the fog (maybe even shadows of the event enemies), and higher up in space you would see this bright nebula full of stars, hanging over the entire world. The status effect of the rain can be called "Nebulous miasma/sludge", and would basically work like an upgraded version of feral bite.

Arctic starlight: Same. The event would feature completely clear skies (not a cloud in sight), as to reflect the coldest nights one can experience in one's respective country. The stars would be particulary bright in sky (that has the stardust blue tinge), and blink more pronounced than before (as to reflect their effect on the world). You would be really cold, and under the status effect "astral freeze". This effect would essentially make you a glass cannon, increasing your damage output at the cost of cutting down defence (maybe even lower or cancel natural regeneration). The change to the skybox (space area) would be the brighter stars and maybe comets of frozen material passing the planet (like blue comets or clumps of ice passing by in the background).

These are my ideas on the matter at least. Made on a relatively short notice. As for other events (I'll be more short here), I could really see some mod inspired weather types as well. Here's a short example for Calamity:

Brimfire storm: Brimfire (ex. calamitas projectiles) rain down from the sky for a short time, and the skies turn a deep crimson red. Will serve as a homage to what Calamitas did to the ancient ocean that is now the large desert above the sunken sea, just in a smaller form.

These are my thoughts on the matter. Sorry if this was a bit massive, but I feel that the idea of pillar inspired weather really needed fleshing out. And the fact that I'm absolutely in love with this mod does not help the matter either. If there are others that have had similar ideas that I have not included here (quoted), I'm sorry in advance and will change my post if necessary. I would also see the need to have a deployable item (like a shield) that prevents your home base from suffering the effects of these events, for the safety of yourself and all the NPC's.

Last edited:
Hey, you guys! I have a quick message for you guys, I hope you all don't take this the wrong way. I'm posting this here and on my other active mod: Loot Craze.

To start, I recently realized that I've been modding for three years now! Three! From the moment I got a TCF account all those years ago, I knew I wanted to do something fun with modding- and I could not have been happier with my decision. Of course, there have been pitfalls and frustrating periods, but those have been absolutely engulfed by the torrent of positivity and appreciation you guys send my way every day! The mods I've developed over the years (crazy, I can say that now) include The Spirit Mod, Yoyo Overload, The Sorcerer's Mod, Spelunker Surge, Glowing Water, Critter Craze, Random Improvements, Loot Craze, and this one.

I'll get straight to the point now. I love modding. I've made so many friends and had so many experiences on this journey, and I wouldn't give this up for the world. I aim to continue modding for the foreseeable future. With college coming up, though, this may pose a bit of a challenge. So, I've decided, if you'd like to support me and the work I put out (though, you are absolutely not required to), please feel free to donate to my PayPal. Like I said earlier, I hope you guys don't take this the wrong way. I will continue creating free, fun modded content and as long as you guys are playing and enjoying the game, that's all I could ask for.

I'll be linking this donation in my original post as well as here. There won't be any donator incentives or anything; all I ask is that, if you'd like to go the extra mile, I would really appreciate it. Thank you for giving me this opportunity, I love you all!:)

Tried use mod again. 1.0.0.6. Tmodloader cant load the mod, disable it (log):

The mp3 sound file at Sounds/Music/AcidRain failed to load
в Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.LoadMP3(String path, Byte[] bytes)
в Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.LoadResourceFromStream(String path, Int32 len, BinaryReader reader)
в Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TmodFile.Read(LoadedState desiredState, ReadStreamingAsset streamingHandler)
в Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Inner Exception:
Индекс находился вне границ массива.
в MP3Sharp.Decoding.Decoders.LayerIIIDecoder.dequantize_sample(Single[][] xr, Int32 ch, Int32 gr)
в MP3Sharp.Decoding.Decoders.LayerIIIDecoder.Decode()
в MP3Sharp.Decoding.Decoders.LayerIIIDecoder.DecodeFrame()
в MP3Sharp.Decoding.Decoder.DecodeFrame(Header header, Bitstream stream)
в MP3Sharp.MP3Stream.ReadFrame()
в MP3Sharp.MP3Stream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
в System.IO.Stream.InternalCopyTo(Stream destination, Int32 bufferSize)
в System.IO.Stream.CopyTo(Stream destination)
в Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WAVCacheIO.CacheMP3(String wavCacheFilename, Stream stream)

Tried use mod again. 1.0.0.6. Tmodloader cant load the mod, disable it (log):

The mp3 sound file at Sounds/Music/AcidRain failed to load
в Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.LoadResourceFromStream(String path, Int32 len, BinaryReader reader)
в Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TmodFile.Read(LoadedState desiredState, ReadStreamingAsset streamingHandler)
в Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)

Inner Exception:
Индекс находился вне границ массива.
в MP3Sharp.Decoding.Decoders.LayerIIIDecoder.dequantize_sample(Single[][] xr, Int32 ch, Int32 gr)
в MP3Sharp.Decoding.Decoders.LayerIIIDecoder.Decode()
в MP3Sharp.Decoding.Decoders.LayerIIIDecoder.DecodeFrame()
в MP3Sharp.Decoding.Decoder.DecodeFrame(Header header, Bitstream stream)
в MP3Sharp.MP3Stream.ReadFrame()
в MP3Sharp.MP3Stream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
в System.IO.Stream.InternalCopyTo(Stream destination, Int32 bufferSize)
в System.IO.Stream.CopyTo(Stream destination)
в Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WAVCacheIO.CacheMP3(String wavCacheFilename, Stream stream)
This is actually an issue on your side- I believe disabling ‘Stream from file’ in your modloader settings fixes this :)

Thought I'd perhaps suggest something, since everyone else is doing it:

Since you've implemented some Starbound references (like in Spirit), an event such as this could be a pleasant addition. I propose a night-exclusive event, called Luminous/Glowing Rain. This event would simply involve a glowing, harmless fluid to rain from the sky and light the dark world in a pleasant glow. Perhaps enemies similar to Lumoths would spawn occasionally, with some other original monsters appearing.

Another, less pleasant event would be something like Space Junk. Small spaceship/satellite parts could fall from the sky, damaging the player if they make contact and hurting enemies with a small, AoE explosion when they hit the ground. Enemies spawning could be like space drones, repair bots, or maybe even Gremlin-like hitchhikers on junk.

Thought I'd perhaps suggest something, since everyone else is doing it:

Since you've implemented some Starbound references (like in Spirit), an event such as this could be a pleasant addition. I propose a night-exclusive event, called Luminous/Glowing Rain. This event would simply involve a glowing, harmless fluid to rain from the sky and light the dark world in a pleasant glow. Perhaps enemies similar to Lumoths would spawn occasionally, with some other original monsters appearing.

Another, less pleasant event would be something like Space Junk. Small spaceship/satellite parts could fall from the sky, damaging the player if they make contact and hurting enemies with a small, AoE explosion when they hit the ground. Enemies spawning could be like space drones, repair bots, or maybe even Gremlin-like hitchhikers on junk.

Rather nice ideas!
Although, if you have Spirit, would it make sense that said junk drop High-Tech and Astral materials?

Rather nice ideas!
Although, if you have Spirit, would it make sense that said junk drop High-Tech and Astral materials?
That's a decent point, it could also drop some Starplate gear after Starplate Raider is destroyed and the necessary spawner materials before it.

Actualy playing with the mod and i love it, specially the borealis¡
Thanks for this man, and happy to see you are still in the modding community, you are one the greatest for me and many more.
lets donate a little bit. i want yuyu to stay with us until the END!!
this mod will shine even more with the upcoming update with the wind and many beautiful things they will add to the environnment

Back
Top Bottom