What are your Terraria Headcanons?

I'm going to merge these two threads together (Terraria Headcanon and Overthinking Terraria's Story) because they both have some decent content but fall more or less in the same category.

Ok... Moon Lord being the "brother" fits. I had a theory going before i experienced the new end-game, but was waiting to post because I wasn't sure if it would crumble or not

Considering Crimson... It's a living biome. Considering all of the "cthulu" bosses, they're body parts, and the wall of flesh also being a ...w all of flesh and eyeballs and mouths. I think the great Cthullu who many people may have been waiting to fight, is not a "boss being" but in fact an infestation of the world itself. Kind of living up to the Lovecraftian namesake.

I think Moon Lord may be a related entity that has taken over the Moon (obviously) while Cthullu took over Terraria.
That's a very interesting take on the idea. The theory that the Crimson is Cthulhu's corpse is pretty well known, but the idea that the Crimson IS Cthulhu is one I haven't seen yet.

there are many links and events that lead into one another, it's difficult to say what the lore is, but that's what's interesting I guess

oh and i could not resist a bonus round here sorry guys! ---> `-_- :zombie: :nymph:.

i did this bit so you could understand the invasions!

The goblin invasion: goblins as mentioned before ( i think! ) the goblins are not happy that you are meddling in the affairs of darkness and destruction and brought an entire army to DESTROY YOUR FACE!!!!! but don't get mad at them. you were the one who decided to break those magical orbs

the pirate invasion: great job player! now you have angered other humans! the pirates are mad that you have thrown off the balance! they arr coming to #tyrannosaurus Rekx you!

the pumpkin moon: finally our first evil event! when you use the pumpkin moon medallion you awaken evil forces strong enough to destroy you and the world... wait am i reading the right scroll here? your technically the one who awakens these beasts so... next one! :nursemad::red2: :pumpking:

the frost moon: exact same as the pumpkin moon except this time ur ruining Xmas =O :eek::mad::redmunch::redspin::redmunch:

Maritain madness: the probe spotted you and now you need to defend the world! better not do some thing bad to it again!!!:red2:

Lunar event: Seriously! why KILL the lunatic cultist! well u've caused trouble now!!!!

Slime rain: slimes just want to rain from the sky!

solar eclipse: the mecha bosses stopped this from happening! you weakened the barrier! YOU IDIOT!

Blood moon: bloody pain summoned by the moon lord!

That's The end to MY take on terraria's lore! (sorry for saying that it was terraria's only lore last time!)

PS: :redspin::redmunch::red2::red::merchantsmile: Madness!`:confused:`:cool::red2::cool::merchantcool: Players SUCK!

For me, I do not have much except with how I started one of my stories. Let me fish that one up and post it here.

Shadow_Mantis said:
The world of Terraria is a truly mysterious one. When in times of need it will draw in heroes to save it from destruction. It was known to draw in heroes from across time and even from alternate realities or dimensions. When these heroes are drawn in they would meet someone that identifies himself as their guide, someone to help aid the hero in surviving in it’s treacherous wilds. As time went on, it started gaining the ability to draw in more than just one hero when the need ever were to arise. As for what caused this change, to the ancients, the answer seemed obvious.

Once upon a time it was plagued by a blight known simply as the Corruption. This blight was said to have come about after an extraterrestrial entity known as Cthulhu was slain by ancient heroes using a legendary blade. After its defeat, the blade shattered and from Cthulhu’s rotting corpse the Corruption appeared and threatened to consume the world whole. Worst yet, the body took on a whole new life of its own and also threatened to cover the world in its vile influence, it was named the Crimson. For a time things looked grim as hero after hero failed to stop its spread and die to the creatures each had spawned. Then the Hallow appeared. Despite its relative peaceful appearance, it turned out to be as much of a blight as the Corruption and the Crimson, or so it was thought.

Faced with the possibility of the world being covered by this triad of blight, the ancients decided to seal the three away until a time a hero strong enough to cleanse them from the world were ever to appear. The Corruption and Hallow were sealed within the body of one of their own as the spirits of Light and Dark, as a result turning him immortal. The Crimson on the other hand was much too powerful to be sealed in such a way. Desperate, they contained it within a massive prison and hoped to their gods it’s walls would hold it from spreading any further until a hero would arise strong enough to cleanse it. Knowing that these were only temporary solutions, they laid out a series of trials for heroes to surpass in the hopes that one would be strong enough to rid the world of the Crimson, Corruption, and Hallow.

This was taken straight from this: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/the-shadows-of-terraria.6677/

In it, I had the Dungeon actually be the prison in which the Crimson was held. Something of a creative liberty I took to have both be in the same world. :p

Going to build my headcanon into something a bit beyond the two liner I started off with. *cracks fingers*

Long, long ago, back in ancient times, the world came under threat from Cthulhu. Faced with this dire menace, the ancient god-sprits of light expended all of their power destroying Cthulhu and leaving him scattered and powerless. They went on thinking Cthulhu was finished, but in reality his flesh lived on, sapping strength from his surroundings over the course of centuries. Once his power grew enough, he was able to construct a stable but weakened form, the Wall of Flesh, deep in the unseen bowels of the Underworld.

At the same time, the Moon Lord was enraged by the destruction of his brother, and sought to avenge Cthulhu's true form which was lost forever. He knew that his fallen comrade lived on, and feeling his wrathful intentions to end the dominion of the gods of light, he devised a virulent race of darkness and to combat them. This devastating Corruption laid waste to the whole world, assisted by the formidable spirits of darkness that the Moon Lord brought upon them, and the spirits of light had to spend all of their energy battling this dire threat.

Eventually they would be able to exterminate it, but not before it was too late. Imbued with the Moon Lord's dark power and the unfathomable wrath of Cthulhu, the Wall of Flesh had become strong consume and trap the exhausted spirits of light, swallowing them extinguishing them from the world. With the spirits of light gone, the scattered remnants of Cthulhu are allowed to fester and grow, forming parasitic cave-like formations that continue infect the earth and leech its energy, and the Corruption is able to live on in its vile glory, no longer under the threat of being rendered extinct.

This victory came at great cost, however. The Wall of Flesh may have been able to consume the spirits of light, but they could not be contained without the spirits of night that gave the Crimson and Corruption their former power. Enough still roam to grant the lingering Corruption and Crimson magical capabilities, but they are far from their former strength, no longer driven by hate and revenge that made them formidable before.

Despite this, there is nothing more the Moon Lord can do. The world is plighted by his kin's remains and his own child race. He has appointed three mechanical deities as sentries, slumbering until something threatens to throw off the worlds balance. He has instated the moon as a sphere of chaotic influence, able to suppress the light and give strength to the monsters that dwell on the planet below. Having gotten his revenge and being satisfied with the dire state the world is left in, he goes off into the universe once more, looking for more planets to conquer and celestial superpowers to ally.

Then a new player comes to the table, dabbling in a game that they cannot comprehend. They only dabble in this mysterious worlds resources and magical power, but eventually they will make their way into the Underworld. Eventually their Guide, who had become attuned to the planet's remaining energy and master of it its ancient knowledge long before, will prompt them to unleash the spirits of light and dark once again. It doesn't matter that the spirits of light's good intentions have been corroded away by their dark and tortured captivity. It doesn't matter that such an action could throw the world into crisis and potential cataclysm. The battle is far from over, and only by reigniting the war that was started all those centuries ago can the Moon Lord be lured back to this world to face justice for his terrible crimes against the purity of the planet.

All it would take was a glorious, burning sacrifice, and all would be set in motion.

*sigh* double bonus round terraria's story! :cool: :redmunch::redmunch::redmunch::redspin::redspin::redspin::mad: ARMADA HERE! WHERE ARE YOU AZ123TERRA! YOU ARE UNDER ARREST! oh god guys! they're coming i Guess I'll hide in this base i found for now! you must listen before i am captured!

Chapter 1 The creation: The god behind it all decided to make other beings and throw them on they're own planet! to help him he created a dark counterpart of himself using almost every single bit of the darkness in his heart to create the moon lord together they made the light aspects of the world and the dark aspects of the world then together they created humans and other races. to guard the world the god behind it all used some light as well as some darkness in his heart to create Cthulhu! Cthulhu was created as sort of a younger brother to the moon lord as they both had the same blood pumping through their veins and same design. but Cthulhu was colored differently due to the light not used in the moon lord and less darkness used in creation as well. eventually after everything was made the moon lord and the god behind it all had an argument. nobody know what it was about. there have been a couple theories throughout the millennia since the event happened but i want you to figure that one out. the argument caused storms of pain, sorrow, and destruction. and rainbows of creativity, happiness, and most importantly hope.

Chapter 2 the hero: one day a 16 year old guy watched a rainbow, one of hope and creativity, change to a storm of pain. and suddenly a Scroll of old papyrus fell on it was written this: ye who witnessed hope and creativity change to pain, the power, the chosen one. hear the gods request. save this world from a millennia of pain sorrow and death! powers have clashed! Shadow and Light Are in an Argument You must Restore The Balance!!!

Chapter 3: the journey: the hero journeyed across the land, searching far, and wide. for a power to stop this argument along the way he met friends, gods, goddesses, and spirits. but most importantly he met Cenx not just a goddess but also a sage, a seer of all things. she explained it all to the hero.
and gave him 2 weapons to aid him. the meowmere blade, and the wraith of stars. then she transferred the knowledge needed to craft the blade of terra.

More Tomorrow! I've gotta go find a better hiding place through the escape pod first! see ya!

:cool::mad::redmunch::redmunch::redmunch::redspin::redspin::redspin::red2::cool::cool::mad::mad::mad: Armada here! No he escaped Via the escape pod! we cannot pursue now!

Some food for thought: the Solar Tablet has the power to alter the entire orbit of the moon in mere seconds. The Lihzarhd aren't just sun worshippers I suppose. And once again by the meddling of the moon, movie monsters appear out of every crack and crevice in an attempt to eradicate you from this world. When you piss off movie monsters I don't know what kind of galactic crime you need to commit.

Last edited:
The pink jelly fish and blue jellyfish were once two thriving colonies, but they had a falling out and the pinks were confined to the ocean and the blues were forced underground, not to see the light of day. The green jellyfish, the only ones who was not forced to move out, are expected to be the ones to bring the tribes back together. Once the three have come back together, the balance will be restored and Terraria will return to normal.

Last edited:
I had an old theory that I made while a little sleep deprived. Here's part of it.
Dryads would sell purification powder which you cannot make yourself. The dryads live for a massively increased time than a human would yet they appear to be human. I think that the dryads are influenced by the spirits of light to slowly but surely get rid of the corruption. This is backed up by the fact that they only appear after you defeat a boss, meaning you are most likely strong enough to brave the dangers of the corruption and start to remove it from the world.

Here's my super-ultra-mega-unhreal theory about a certain part of Terraria:

You know the Blood Moon, right (Of course you do)? Well, what if I told you... the Blood Moon is when the Moon Lord is on his period.

The pink jelly fish and blue jellyfish were once two thriving colonies, but they had a falling out and the pinks were confined to the ocean and the blues were forced underground, not to see the light of day. Once the two come back together, the balance will be restored and Terraria will return to normal.
What about the green jellyfish? :)

In my Terraria Headcanon, Zoomo's Cyber, All of Tobbvald's Suggestions, Snickerbobble's Confection & Depths, AntithesisEK's Sensation, and SzGamer227's Underworld all exist in the world.
All of the major biomes (I.E, no mini-biomes such as the Spider Caves or Mushroom Biome) in the world have warriors that are outfitted with the armor of their respective biome, that are the power of the swords (and other weapons) given life and physical bodies. When they combine their powers, they are capable of forming the Warrior of the Earth, an gigantic warrior that wields the legendary sword Ria.

In addition, the Cultists are worshipers of the Demigod Necronomitron, and the Lunatic Cultist is his Right-Hand man. They are attempting to seal the spirits of Cthulhu away for all eternity inside of the Tablet so that the Necronomitron can overtake the land without the constant threat of an Eldritch Abomination hovering over his head. He plans on eliminating all life on the planet and replacing it with his own Skeletal armies that have been locked away in the Dungeon with him. The Cultists believe that they will be blessed for following "The one true lord of the land" into battle, and shall receive everlasting happiness. They don't know that Necronomitron simply plans on throwing their lives away once Cthulhu's spirit is sealed.

When the Player kills the Cultists, and (seemingly) kills the Cthulhu-possessed Lunatic Cultist (By the time they start spawning, they have successfully sealed the Eldritch god), The Necronomitron unleashes his final gambit: Possessing the dead Cultist and combining Cthulhu's spirit with his own. Through this, the Moon Lord is created.

then he still would be a different species, these guys are NOT amused ----> -_-%-_-&-_- Cthulhu-LIKE alien would mean they would not be the same species and therefore could not be brothers ~-_-$-_-
:red2:...

You're just a little bit ridiculous, aren't you? lol

When I described Moon-Lord as a "cthulhu-like Alien", it was not to say that he was not the same species as Cthulhu.

I described him as such because how else do you define what Cthulhu is without simply resorting to "Lovecraftian eldritch horror", which kinda encompasses way more elder gods than simply Cthulhu himself.

So, yes. I was trying to define him as exactly the same species as Cthulhu himself.

Your friends are not amused because they're hanging around you, I think. lol

Going to build my headcanon into something a bit beyond the two liner I started off with. *cracks fingers*

Long, long ago, back in ancient times, the world came under threat from Cthulhu. Faced with this dire menace, the ancient god-sprits of light expended all of their power destroying Cthulhu and leaving him scattered and powerless. They went on thinking Cthulhu was finished, but in reality his flesh lived on, sapping strength from his surroundings over the course of centuries. Once his power grew enough, he was able to construct a stable but weakened form, the Wall of Flesh, deep in the unseen bowels of the Underworld.

At the same time, the Moon Lord was enraged by the destruction of his brother, and sought to avenge Cthulhu's true form which was lost forever. He knew that his fallen comrade lived on, and feeling his wrathful intentions to end the dominion of the gods of light, he devised a virulent race of darkness and to combat them. This devastating Corruption laid waste to the whole world, assisted by the formidable spirits of darkness that the Moon Lord brought upon them, and the spirits of light had to spend all of their energy battling this dire threat.

Eventually they would be able to exterminate it, but not before it was too late. Imbued with the Moon Lord's dark power and the unfathomable wrath of Cthulhu, the Wall of Flesh had become strong consume and trap the exhausted spirits of light, swallowing them extinguishing them from the world. With the spirits of light gone, the scattered remnants of Cthulhu are allowed to fester and grow, forming parasitic cave-like formations that continue infect the earth and leech its energy, and the Corruption is able to live on in its vile glory, no longer under the threat of being rendered extinct.

This victory came at great cost, however. The Wall of Flesh may have been able to consume the spirits of light, but they could not be contained without the spirits of night that gave the Crimson and Corruption their former power. Enough still roam to grant the lingering Corruption and Crimson magical capabilities, but they are far from their former strength, no longer driven by hate and revenge that made them formidable before.

Despite this, there is nothing more the Moon Lord can do. The world is plighted by his kin's remains and his own child race. He has appointed three mechanical deities as sentries, slumbering until something threatens to throw off the worlds balance. He has instated the moon as a sphere of chaotic influence, able to suppress the light and give strength to the monsters that dwell on the planet below. Having gotten his revenge and being satisfied with the dire state the world is left in, he goes off into the universe once more, looking for more planets to conquer and celestial superpowers to ally.

Then a new player comes to the table, dabbling in a game that they cannot comprehend. They only dabble in this mysterious worlds resources and magical power, but eventually they will make their way into the Underworld. Eventually their Guide, who had become attuned to the planet's remaining energy and master of it its ancient knowledge long before, will prompt them to unleash the spirits of light and dark once again. It doesn't matter that the spirits of light's good intentions have been corroded away by their dark and tortured captivity. It doesn't matter that such an action could throw the world into crisis and potential cataclysm. The battle is far from over, and only by reigniting the war that was started all those centuries ago can the Moon Lord be lured back to this world to face justice for his terrible crimes against the purity of the planet.

All it would take was a glorious, burning sacrifice, and all would be set in motion.

This is amazing. Great work :)

Back
Top Bottom