Game Mechanics What if the Nebula Arcanum had a gravity mechanic?

BluuMoon3

Terrarian
Hear me out : So I've been trying to get into mage lately and I've been thinking about how the pillar weapons could be more interesting or magical, particularly the Nebula Arcanum which is a bit less useful than the Blaze. It does have its use against crowds, (Although the Razorblade Typhoon is better to me) but I still think it could be a more interesting mage weapon.

Gravity mechanic
- Each Nebula Arc projectile would have its own moderate gravitational field, pulling close enemies towards it. These fields can also suck in projectiles (Depending on field strength and projectile speed) and distort their path if they dont get sucked in. This could be very useful against the Moon Lord's projectiles. For balance, the mana cost might need to be upped or the firing speed decreased.

Left click function - Fires the projectiles

Right click function - Holding right click with your cursor near the fired black holes will cause them to congregate and combine into more powerful and larger black holes. The new black hole will have increase field strength, range, and projectile absorbing abilities. Double right clicking on a certain area or enemy will command the black hole to go to that enemy or area.

Conjunction with Nebula Blaze - The Blaze could act as a "white hole" counterpart, firing projectiles but also releasing damage from any projectiles absorbed from the Nebula Arcanum black holes.

Last edited:
Sounds cool, and I would like to see it. Honestly both Nebula and Stardust weapons are pretty disappointing to say the least compared to Solar and Vortex weapons (Eruption, Daybreak, Phantasm and Beater are better than the Arcanum, Blaze, Cell and Dragon) and I do want changes for them. So support.

Sounds cool, and I would like to see it. Honestly both Nebula and Stardust weapons are pretty disappointing to say the least compared to Solar and Vortex weapons (Eruption, Daybreak, Phantasm and Beater are better than the Arcanum, Blaze, Cell and Dragon) and I do want changes for them. So support.
Thanks. I was wondering what kind of reception I'd get. This post was definitely one of those early morning epiphany thoughts

Back
Top Bottom