Blocks & Decoration Why are active stone blocks still in the game?

I know it wouldn't be difficult to remove, I just don't think it has yet come to their attention. It shouldn't really bother anyone though, just something easy to ignore instead.

I know it wouldn't be difficult to remove...
What would happen to my Palace which I build entirely out of active stone blocks then? :eek:
The only way to get rid of these is if Red would also make some sort of tool or in-game function that would go over old maps and replace these active stones with cobblestone, wire and an actuator. Sounds like more trouble than its worth. :)

Okay, I didn't really make a Palace out of active stone blocks, but still...

They're still in the game because at this point it's impossible to remove them. It leads to maps breaking.

This. If Terraria has one really good track record, it is that it rarely truly breaks old maps. Active stone blocks are found in basically every map ever, except for some really old pre-1.1 maps.

Now, if you were saying "why are active stone blocks still added into the world gen", that is another question entirely, but they shouldn't ever be removed from the code due to the serious consequences of doing so.

Back
Top Bottom