tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also sapharan, in your lucky hit mod, it's possible to get lucky hits on projectiles. Glitch or intended?
I hope Scooterboot9697 won't be angry that i replied to this here. Next time try to ask a question on my topic :) Well, that's happening because i'm using global PreNPCLoot(). And some projectiles are actually npcs, but only a few.

I hope Scooterboot9697 won't be angry that i replied to this here. Next time try to ask a question on my topic :) Well, that's happening because i'm using global PreNPCLoot(). And some projectiles are actually npcs, but only a few.
Well, I'm not angry, but I'd kindly ask that you take conversations about other mods to their appropriate thread.:)

Edit: Derp. That was what you just told Xidon.:confused:

I'm getting a program called Malware Bytes tomorrow, thank god since, because of Norton, I had to do a tConfig download 12 damn times...

Always good to remove Norton. No doubt about it. MalwareBytes offers several programs, actually, and the "default" program that comes to mind whenever someone mentions MalwareBytes is their Anti-Spyware program, which generally falls under a different category than what Norton's programs do. It's Anti-Malware vs Anti-Virus. If you're looking for a great Antivirus for free, Avast or Avira make excellent free Antivirus programs.

Also pick up SUPERAntiSpyware while you're at it. You can even run SUPER and MalwareBytes at the same time! They do catch different things, believe it or not, despite purporting to do the same task. Though both of them are passive programs, so do a scan with them more than once a fortnight. Avast automatically scans everything, so no worries there.

A lot of these come from ninite.com - You can get a bunch of really great programs all at once, for free. No catch. I use it all the time whenever I set up a new workstation. It's what it's for.

So... Just wondering, would you guys play a map that is the original Metroid but with this mod? Im considering making one. Also it would help if someone could tell me what tools to use :rolleyes:

So... Just wondering, would you guys play a map that is the original Metroid but with this mod? Im considering making one. Also it would help if someone could tell me what tools to use :rolleyes:
Well, I can recommend TEdit, a vanilla world editor. There aren't any tAPI world editors that I know of, so I you'll have to make the world using TEdit, import it to tAPI, and then place all of the mod items and tiles by hand...

I actually took the tie to run Metroid with a clean tapi, I am lazy, I recognize that :p, I still get an error when loading the jsons, they get to 100% and then I crash.
[DOUBLEPOST=1434916596,1434916416][/DOUBLEPOST]
Well, I'm not angry, but I'd kindly ask that you take conversations about other mods to their appropriate thread.:)

Edit: Derp. That was what you just told Xidon.:confused:
Lol, yeah sorry scooter, I seem to always assume modder won't answer since I've been in too many threads where error/bug notifications are ignored due to many people posting, sorry. XD

I actually took the tie to run Metroid with a clean tapi, I am lazy, I recognize that :p, I still get an error when loading the jsons, they get to 100% and then I crash.
Well, it boils down to simple questions: What version of tAPI are you using? (If it's r15, this question is kinda irrelevant.) Are you using any other mods? (Though, I've never heard of mod conflicts causing mod loading crashes like this.)

Alternatively, if all else fails, you could try and download the Metroid Mod's source files (download link labled "Source" on the front page), and rebuild the mod with the tAPI Builder.

I am running r15, I opened the .tapi file with winrar and it gave me the source folder, I compiled it myself, no errors found.

I will try to just compile it using the source download, if not, I think I will try moving a couple of files/some files to a mod folder and try that, though I would like to get it fixed ;-;

I will try to just compile it using the source download, if not, I think I will try moving a couple of files/some files to a mod folder and try that, though I would like to get it fixed ;-;
Wait, so does the mod load now? Or is it still crashing?

Hey Scooter, is there any chance that you could put doors that require missiles/power beam to open, and maybe some bombable only blocks? I'm working on making a Metroid map but it is difficult to find ways to halt progress until the player has a certain item.

Hey Scooter, is there any chance that you could put doors that require missiles/power beam to open, and maybe some bombable only blocks? I'm working on making a Metroid map but it is difficult to find ways to halt progress until the player has a certain item.
I remember Duze ended up making his own tiles and items when he made the Super Metroid map and mod for tConfig. Though, I have considered adding in craftable gimmick items like them so that people wouldn't have to really code anything to make a map. I'll throw a few things at the wall and see what sticks.:)

I've been playing for a while and I still haven't seen Missile Expansions or a Phazon Meteor. Is the meteor supposed to be on the ground? If it is, then I think world generation didn't generate things from this mod for me. I'm in hardmode btw

That is strange Niko, as Phazon meteors did spawn upon world gen for me. I have also found missile expansions on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom