tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, first of all, the Nova Laser never had the Ichor effect before, it was the Nova Beam which originally had it (and the Red Plasma Beam).
And secondly, the Nova Laser isn't intended to be a weapon, so it wouldn't be exactly fitting to put such an effect on it.
And lastly... it's kind of a "Cursed Flame" weapon, so if anything it should inflict the Cursed Fire debuff...
(This is the reason I removed it from the Nova Beam in the first place. Consistency. And it was removed from the Red Plasma Beam because Ichor is arguably a very powerful debuff, so Red Plasma was potentially more powerful than the Nova Beam.)

(I could add an alternate "Red Nova Laser" which is the result when it's made from Ichor flames, but I don't know if it should inflict the debuff.)
Actually, the Nova Laser used to have it, and I thought that similar to the ichor flasks it could not do damage but rather inflict the debuff.

II find the X-ray visor really bad, by hardmode the player should just use spelunker potions, you should make it so you can move and attack while using it.
I know you couldn't move while using it in super Metroid, but that's because it froze time there.

Maybe you could make it so that overheat cools off on it's own veeerryy slowly, so that you would have to use concentration to cool off midbattle, and concentration would cool off at the current rate the heat cools off normally on it's own.
I actually didn't know about using concentration to cool off faster, when I mentioned killing enraged plantera in under 25 seconds, I did it without concentration.
Making the player rely more on Concentration is something I want to avoid, as having it overheat mid-battle and waiting for it to cool down while dodging a boss is the original problem I had when the Power Beam used mana.
It needs to cool down fast enough so that you aren't left effectively weaponless mid-battle (assuming you're only using weapons from this mod)...

I'm just gonna tweak the damage of the Phazon Beam (and possibly other beams) first, then I'll tweak overheat...

(Edit: Oh wait, where you also wearing the Shadowed Phazon Suit? Because its set bonus increases the Phazon Beam's damage. But if you weren't wearing it, then I guess it needs more of a nerf than I thought...)

Actually, the Nova Laser used to have it, and I thought that similar to the ichor flasks it could not do damage but rather inflict the debuff.
o_O The hell?
I coded this mod, so I'd most likely know what use to have effects and what didn't. And I swear, the Nova Laser never had the ability to inflict the Ichor debuff on enemies. However, the Nova Beam used to have that ability... but I removed it because it made the Nova Beam overpowered (and it wasn't fitting since it's more of a "cursed" weapon).

II find the X-ray visor really bad, by hardmode the player should just use spelunker potions, you should make it so you can move and attack while using it.
I know you couldn't move while using it in super Metroid, but that's because it froze time there.
If it isn't one thing it's another...
I'm half tempted to remove the X-Ray Visor, because people are saying it's underpowered... And I agree, the only reason I added it in the first place was because I thought it was cool. I hardly considered how much of a use it served.:sigh:

By the way, how do you plan on integrating the Ing, and the prime 2 beams into the mod?
Well, the Dark World is definitely going to be a thing... ;)

Last edited:
Making the player rely more on Concentration is something I want to avoid, as having it overheat mid-battle and waiting for it to cool down while dodging a boss is the original problem I had when the Power Beam used mana.
It needs to cool down fast enough so that you aren't left effectively weaponless mid-battle (assuming you're only using weapons from this mod)...

I'm just gonna tweak the damage of the Phazon Beam (and possibly other beams) first, then I'll tweak overheat...

(Edit: Oh wait, where you also wearing the Shadowed Phazon Suit? Because its set bonus increases the Phazon Beam's damage. But if you weren't wearing it, then I guess it needs more of a nerf than I thought...)

o_O The hell?
I coded this mod, so I'd most likely know what use to have effects and what didn't. And I swear, the Nova Laser never had the ability to inflict the Ichor debuff on enemies. However, the Nova Beam used to have that ability... but I removed it because it made the Nova Beam overpowered (and it wasn't fitting since it's more of a "cursed" weapon).

If it isn't one thing it's another...
I'm half tempted to remove the X-Ray Visor, because people are saying it's underpowered... And I agree, the only reason I added it in the first place was because I thought it was cool. I hardly considered how much of a use it served.:sigh:

Well, the Dark World is definitely going to be a thing... ;)
I swear it used to have it, and I liked to use it all the time... However it seems that when you removed it from the Nova Beam it also was removed from the Nova Laser. And honestly it was nice to have as it made the weapon still have a purpose, I would usually combine it with the Phazon Beam to get more damage.

I swear it used to have it, and I liked to use it all the time... However it seems that when you removed it from the Nova Beam it also was removed from the Nova Laser. And honestly it was nice to have as it made the weapon still have a purpose, I would usually combine it with the Phazon Beam to get more damage.
Oh wait, now I remember. When I added the Ichor effect to the Nova Beam, I simply did a global check for any projectiles containing the name "Nova". This was to make sure it'd include all of the possible combinations.
However, it most likely included the Nova Laser in that check, and caused it to inflict the debuff. So, it was actually an unintended bug. The Nova Laser was never meant to have it...

Oh wait, now I remember. When I added the Ichor effect to the Nova Beam, I simply did a global check for any projectiles containing the name "Nova". This was to make sure it'd include all of the possible combinations.
However, it most likely included the Nova Laser in that check, and caused it to inflict the debuff. So, it was actually an unintended bug. The Nova Laser was never meant to have it...
I still liked it like that :) Consider adding it back and seeing if it is balanced.

No, he took out the nova beam having ichor, not the laser- he said himself that he fdidnt even know the laser had it.
And I also said it was unintended for it to have it. I don't think the Nova Laser should be the equivalent of an infinite Flask of Ichor. :confused:

No, he took out the nova beam having ichor, not the laser- he said himself that he fdidnt even know the laser had it.
oh! about inflicting debuff (ichor) to enemy,why not make some consumable items like flasks?they can just be a ranger verson of flasks.

Also,the recipi can be more expensive as they overpower the beams.

\ (tbh i only knew they exist because i read about them, i only played 4 metroid games (nes, super metroid, fusion and zero mission), and try to play metroid prime)
Well correct me if I'm wrong but nes Metroid/Zero Mission had a lot of Metroids ,and Super did have one, along with Fusion.
[DOUBLEPOST=1433938284,1433937992][/DOUBLEPOST]
oh! about inflicting debuff (ichor) to enemy,why not make some consumable items like flasks?they can just be a ranger verson of flasks.

Also,the recipi can be more expensive as they overpower the beams.
Overpowered would be the biggest understatement yet have you tryed just hitting a boss with the golden shower a little tiny bit then blasting its face in with the phazon/hyper beam? It's ridiculous how much DPS you can do.

Well correct me if I'm wrong but nes Metroid/Zero Mission had a lot of Metroids ,and Super did have one, along with Fusion.
Well, I'm here to somewhat correct your wrong... In NES'troid/Zero Mission, the only type of Metroid you ever fight or see is the classic Metroid. Same for SM. In Fusion, you actually see most of the different types in the Restricted Zone, and you fight an Omega Metroid at the end.
In Metroid 2 you fight just about all different types (Alpha, Gamma, Zeta, Omega, Queen), but there were also a few other types in the Prime series (Hunter Metroids, and those other Beam type ones in Prime 1; Prime 2 had Ing infected ones; and Prime 3 had Phazon Metroids).

(Edit: Well, I'm correcting your wrong assuming I read your post correctly...)

[DOUBLEPOST=1433938284,1433937992][/DOUBLEPOST]
Overpowered would be the biggest understatement yet have you tryed just hitting a boss with the golden shower a little tiny bit then blasting its face in with the phazon/hyper beam? It's ridiculous how much DPS you can do.
What about a type of charge missile that inflicts ichor? That way it takes away from other damage and still requires charging.

What about a type of charge missile that inflicts ichor? That way it takes away from other damage and still requires charging.
This is ridiculous, enough with Ichor already. It'd practically break this mod (and I think it's even broken in vanilla Terraria as well). Besides, Missiles already ignore defense anyway, and being able to share that effect with other weapons is OP.

This is ridiculous, enough with Ichor already. It'd practically break this mod (and I think it's even broken in vanilla Terraria as well). Besides, Missiles already ignore defense anyway, and being able to share that effect with other weapons is OP.
But in all seriousness I could just get the golden shower and do it anyways...

I hate how overpowered Crimson equipment is, it makes the Corruption obsolete. Ichor is stupid powerful if you combine it with other weapons, or you use it in multiplayer, it makes bosses super easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom