tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the reason tAPI never did that was because it also contained Terraria's source code within it, which is basically illegal to show to public eyes...
Maybe I should mention this to @bluemagic123 ?
Part of it wasn't so much this, as it altered the source code it used, so it was rather hard to see the actual Terraria source code, however it was kept closed because the project creators decided that they didn't want it to be open source as much as they didn't want other people to edit their work.

I thought the reason tAPI never did that was because it also contained Terraria's source code within it, which is basically illegal to show to public eyes...
My goal with tModLoader is to change as little vanilla code as possible. This way, it's easier for me to update to future Terraria versions (with comments in my code specifying what exactly I need to change), and it will be easy to put up only my code for people to understand.

Well bluemagic stated that later in release he's gonna make tModloader open source so anyone can see what he's done to make, and improve upon its design whereas tAPI never got this.
So wait... we were forced to make the switch from tConfig (IIRC that was the name of the old mod loader) to tAPI, and tAPI is already dead in the water? Seriously? o.o

So wait... we were forced to make the switch from tConfig (IIRC that was the name of the old mod loader) to tAPI, and tAPI is already dead in the water? Seriously? o.o
yeah tAPI is dead, and is discontinued until further notice for 1.3, and Shockah said they had no plans to continue it so tModloader currently serves as the best hope for mods unless and official API is released.

yeah tAPI is dead, and is discontinued until further notice for 1.3, and Shockah said they had no plans to continue it so tModloader currently serves as the best hope for mods unless and official API is released.
MiraiMai, Poro and others are making a new API called Prism. though tModLoader would still be better for beginners

That's true, that's why tAPI never went open source. if tModLoader will contain even a bits of sourcecode, he cannot really make it opensource. Prism on the other hand does not contain ANY source code. That's why it's open source.

when i try to open it it give me this ERROR
>>> Singleplayer: 14:41:22 <<<
TAPI.Mods+LoadException: Metroid Mod.tapi: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'TAPI.ModBuff' from assembly 'tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetType(String name)
at TAPI.ModJsonHandler.HandleBuff(ModBase modBase, JsonData j, String fname) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\ModJsonHandler.cs:line 1447
at TAPI.ModJsonHandler.Handle(ModBase modBase) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\ModJsonHandler.cs:line 59
at TAPI.Mod.<Load>b__0(BinBuffer bb) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mod.cs:line 276
at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 449
at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 427
at TAPI.Mod.Load() in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mod.cs:line 107
at TAPI.Mods.Load() in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 539
at Mods.Load()

Mods used:
MetroidMod (Metroid Mod 2.0 Beta by Scooterboot9697)

when i try to open it it give me this ERROR
>>> Singleplayer: 14:41:22 <<<
TAPI.Mods+LoadException: Metroid Mod.tapi: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'TAPI.ModBuff' from assembly 'tAPI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, ObjectHandleOnStack type)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetType(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetType(String name)
at TAPI.ModJsonHandler.HandleBuff(ModBase modBase, JsonData j, String fname) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\ModJsonHandler.cs:line 1447
at TAPI.ModJsonHandler.Handle(ModBase modBase) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\ModJsonHandler.cs:line 59
at TAPI.Mod.<Load>b__0(BinBuffer bb) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mod.cs:line 276
at TAPI.Mods.HandleTapiModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 449
at TAPI.Mods.HandleModFile(FPath path, Action`1 action) in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 427
at TAPI.Mod.Load() in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mod.cs:line 107
at TAPI.Mods.Load() in x:\tAPI Core\tAPI\Mod\Mods.cs:line 539
at Mods.Load()

Mods used:
MetroidMod (Metroid Mod 2.0 Beta by Scooterboot9697)
That's because all mods built for r15 and down need to be rebuilt for r16...
I'd do this myself, but I'm waiting for tModloader and/or Prism to be updated with more features before I start modding again.

What version of tAPI does this mod use?
r15. But there's an easy way to rebuild it for r16... All you gotta do is unzip the .tapi file (it's a zip file in disguise), and take the folder that's inside and put it in the Sources folder, and rebuild it with the r16 tAPI Builder.

r15. But there's an easy way to rebuild it for r16... All you gotta do is unzip the .tapi file (it's a zip file in disguise), and take the folder that's inside and put it in the Sources folder, and rebuild it with the r16 tAPI Builder.

Is it possible to downgrade the version to r14? I find that most mods right now are compatible together at r14.

Is it possible to downgrade the version to r14? I find that most mods right now are compatible together at r14.
Well, no, because my mod uses some of the later features that came with r15. However, you could attempt to build it for r14 and look at any error that shows up, and fix whatever it says that's wrong. It's actually not too hard if you know what you're doing.

Well, no, because my mod uses some of the later features that came with r15. However, you could attempt to build it for r14 and look at any error that shows up, and fix whatever it says that's wrong. It's actually not too hard if you know what you're doing.

Sadly I am incompetent and don't know what I am doing unless given a LOT of guidance. Could you try to explain how to do it briefly, if possible?

Sadly, it seems that 1.3 did in fact shoot Terraria mods through the head. :\
This was by far my favorite mod too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom