tAPI [WIP][Released] Metroid Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been playing for a while and I still haven't seen Missile Expansions or a Phazon Meteor. Is the meteor supposed to be on the ground? If it is, then I think world generation didn't generate things from this mod for me. I'm in hardmode btw
There is a possibility it crashed onto a floating island
Missile expansions are usually found just above the underworld

I've been playing for a while and I still haven't seen Missile Expansions or a Phazon Meteor. Is the meteor supposed to be on the ground? If it is, then I think world generation didn't generate things from this mod for me. I'm in hardmode btw
I just wanna make sure: Since you're in hardmode, you do at least have a Varia Suit or better, and the Power Beam with a few beam upgrades? Because if you don't even have a single Metroid Mod item, it could be the mod was never turned on. :confused:

But for now I'm going to assume it is turned on and you do at least have a few mod items.

As Joost8910 said, there is a possibility that the Phazon Meteor landed on a floating island. Missile expansions are actually stupidly rare, though this has been fixed for the next patch. But it's really strange that you haven't run into at least one considering how far you are into your playthrough...

I just wanna make sure: Since you're in hardmode, you do at least have a Varia Suit or better, and the Power Beam with a few beam upgrades? Because if you don't even have a single Metroid Mod item, it could be the mod was never turned on. :confused:

But for now I'm going to assume it is turned on and you do at least have a few mod items.

As Joost8910 said, there is a possibility that the Phazon Meteor landed on a floating island. Missile expansions are actually stupidly rare, though this has been fixed for the next patch. But it's really strange that you haven't run into at least one considering how far you are into your playthrough...

I have all pre-hardmode Metroid items except for the Speed Boost. I just created a new small world (the other one was large) and the message about the Phazon meteor appeared. I don't remember seeing it when I created the large world, so maybe it failed to generate mod things somehow when I created my other world?
Anyway, I will try to find the missile expansions in this world and when I get the Nova Laser I will mine it from here... having it on the main world would have been better though (when I get items that allow flight I will check the floating islands, who knows? Maybe it really did hit one of them. But still no Missile Expansions)

For anyone like Niki who is having problems finding missile expansions, a easy thing to do is. Start up a new world it must be small, and go into the underground jungle you should find a bunch of them down there.

Have you thought about adding hatches into the game (like blue, red, green,etc) that could be opened using the appropriate weapon? would that even be possible?

Have you thought about adding hatches into the game (like blue, red, green,etc) that could be opened using the appropriate weapon? would that even be possible?
It's possible, although rather complicated. I mentioned earlier that I may add them for people who wanted to make custom maps or something...

It's possible, although rather complicated. I mentioned earlier that I may add them for people who wanted to make custom maps or something...
Cool, because im working on one, and as of now it mostly works off of the honor system. BTW you turned terraria into one of the best metroid games ive ever played, awesome mod

Okay, so this might be a little off-topic, but I gotta wonder.... with the old 1.1 (IIRC) wavebank, there was a particular theme used for the Solar Eclipse. Does anyone remember what that remix was called by chance? Really preferred that track...

EDIT: I couldn't seem to find the old thread that contained the track list.

Okay, so this might be a little off-topic, but I gotta wonder.... with the old 1.1 (IIRC) wavebank, there was a particular theme used for the Solar Eclipse. Does anyone remember what that remix was called by chance? Really preferred that track...

EDIT: I couldn't seem to find the old thread that contained the track list.
The song is called "Hostile Shadows", featured in the infamous album Harmony of a Hunter.

I'll put up a track list when I update the Wave Bank for 1.3 (which will be a while since I don't know 1.3's new track order).

The song is called "Hostile Shadows", featured in the infamous album Harmony of a Hunter.

I'll put up a track list when I update the Wave Bank for 1.3 (which will be a while since I don't know 1.3's new track order).

Yes! This was it. Thanks much man! I remember back when I was introducing my wife to this... and this scared the hell out of her. It was glorious, (She panics during mob-fights, IE: Goblin Army, Pirate Invasion, Blood Moon, etc.)

EDIT: Fixed my post. Wow... really gotta get used to this new forum layout, but yeah. Wouldn't half mind seeing this return in the 1.3 update.

Last edited:

1. Night
2. Eerie (Old Hell, Meteor, Blood Moon)
3. Overworld Day
4. Boss 1 (Eye of Cthulhu, Eater of Worlds, Skeletron, Skeletron Prime, Old Goblin Army, Duke Fishron)
5. Title
6. Jungle
7. Corruption
8. The Hallow
9. Underground Corruption
10. Underground Hallow
11. Boss 2 (The Twins, Wall of Flesh)
12. Underground
13. Boss 3 (The Destroyer, Brain of Cthulhu, Frost Legion)
14. Snow
15. Space
16. Crimson
17. Boss 4 (Golem, Old Pirate Invasion)
18. Alt Overworld Day
19. Rain (Music)
20. Ice
21. Desert
22. Ocean
23. Dungeon
24. Plantera
25. Boss 5 (Queen Bee)
26. Temple
27. Eclipse
28. Rain (Sound Effect)
29. Mushrooms
30. Pumpkin Moon
31. Alt Underground
32. Frost Moon
33. Underground Crimson
34: Lunar Event
35: New Pirate Invasion
36: New Hell
37: Martian Madness
38: Final Boss
39: New Goblin Event

1. Night
2. Eerie (Old Hell, Meteor, Blood Moon)
3. Overworld Day
4. Boss 1 (Eye of Cthulhu, Eater of Worlds, Skeletron, Skeletron Prime, Old Goblin Army, Duke Fishron)
5. Title
6. Jungle
7. Corruption
8. The Hallow
9. Underground Corruption
10. Underground Hallow
11. Boss 2 (The Twins, Wall of Flesh)
12. Underground
13. Boss 3 (The Destroyer, Brain of Cthulhu, Frost Legion)
14. Snow
15. Space
16. Crimson
17. Boss 4 (Golem, Old Pirate Invasion)
18. Alt Overworld Day
19. Rain (Music)
20. Ice
21. Desert
22. Ocean
23. Dungeon
24. Plantera
25. Boss 5 (Queen Bee)
26. Temple
27. Eclipse
28. Rain (Sound Effect)
29. Mushrooms
30. Pumpkin Moon
31. Alt Underground
32. Frost Moon
33. Underground Crimson
34: Lunar Event
35: New Pirate Invasion
36: New Hell
37: Martian Madness
38: Final Boss
39: New Goblin Event
Yeah, I ended up looking around online and I found it on some other thread, but thanks anyway. :)

Hey Scooterboot,

if you don´t mind me asking, what are your plans for 1.3? I think that through the lunar event and the general space theme many parts of the metroid franchise actually start fitting into the game (... like the stardust dragon which doesn´t totally look like a resprited serris :red:), so are you planning to expand the mod further through new bosses/enemies/equipment/etc.?
Great fan of your mod here :happy:

Hey Scooterboot,

if you don´t mind me asking, what are your plans for 1.3? I think that through the lunar event and the general space theme many parts of the metroid franchise actually start fitting into the game (... like the stardust dragon which doesn´t totally look like a resprited serris :red:), so are you planning to expand the mod further through new bosses/enemies/equipment/etc.?
Great fan of your mod here :happy:
I do have plans for this mod when 1.3 modding is more easily available (and more complicatedly doable), like for instance, the Morph Ball will act as a mount rather than an accessory. Even before 1.3, I planned on adding a lot more content, and 1.3 just kinda fuels how I can implement that content more easily. :)

Hey @Scooterboot9697, I was wondering, now that it's starting to look like we might actually have a way to use mods in 1.3 via tModLoader, have you considered trying to update this mod to it?
I have considered, but first I either wanna wait until it's more solid and allows use of more complicated code structures, or until Terraria supports official modding (though, if Re-Logic decides not to add support for it, then I guess that option is non-existent).

It's good to hear you're keeping an eye on it, I really do miss my morph ball :(

I do agree though that tModLoader isn't ready yet for a mod of this complexity, though the future looks promising. I'm hoping that since it's going to be a more open project than tAPI, it will end up being a far more robust program than it's predecessor.

It's good to hear you're keeping an eye on it, I really do miss my morph ball :(

I do agree though that tModLoader isn't ready yet for a mod of this complexity, though the future looks promising. I'm hoping that since it's going to be a more open project than tAPI, it will end up being a far more robust program than it's predecessor.
Well bluemagic stated that later in release he's gonna make tModloader open source so anyone can see what he's done to make, and improve upon its design whereas tAPI never got this.

Well bluemagic stated that later in release he's gonna make tModloader open source so anyone can see what he's done to make, and improve upon its design whereas tAPI never got this.
I thought the reason tAPI never did that was because it also contained Terraria's source code within it, which is basically illegal to show to public eyes...
Maybe I should mention this to @bluemagic123 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom