NPCs & Enemies Revamping Jungle and Ice Mimics ((On behalf of Baconfry))

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
Jungle_Mimic.png
Ice_Chest.png

Important note: I am NOT the author of this suggestion thread. As the title suggests, this idea was conceived by @Baconfry, and any text that is not marked should be accredited to him. He never got around to publishing it, but he gave it to me to publish on his behalf. ~~Sz

Anyone remember that time when I tried to make a weapon of each class for every major biome, with sprites and everything? (It's in my signature.) I can tell you that it was loads of fun, but it introduced too many huge changes to have an actual chance of being implemented into the game. (Not my signature, obviously. I have included the portion of Baconfry's signature that contained the Biome Weapon Project in the spoiler at the bottom of this post, for the convenience of anyone who is interested. ~~Sz)

Let's just think of this thread as the spiritual successor to that project.

1.3 introduced Biome Mimics, which are chests that drop biome-themed weapons. This is brilliant, guys. It's a Biome Weapon Project in miniature. So far, it encompasses the Crimson, Corruption, and Hallowed biomes. The very least we could do is to expand it to the Jungle and Snow, the two other biomes important enough to deserve biome weapons of their own.

So, this suggestion introduces the Jungle Mimic (for real this time), and modifies the Ice Mimic to be more like the other Biome Mimics.

Devastator Vine

Another Golem Fist-type chain flail weapon. The difference is that it doesn't retract when hitting an enemy, and instead damages enemies caught within it multiple times, like the Solar Eruption. The tip targets the cursor, and if it connects with an enemy at the tip, it explodes and flings thorns in all directions. Hope your aim is good.

Haustorium Crossbow

Converts arrows to Haustorium Bolts, which inflict the Haustorium debuff on enemies. Nothing is immune, except the Destroyer, which is immune to everything.

(Haustorium: plural haustoria, a special type of root used by parasitic plants to tap into their hosts. A bit complicated to draw in Terraria, so it'll just take the appearance of a seed.)

Up to 3 haustoria can cling to an enemy at once. Each one contributes 5 damage per tick, so it caps at 15. After a haustorium has been attached for 10 seconds, it drops off and can be picked up to restore 20 health. It's ranged lifesteal! Sort of.

Amazon Wrath

Totally reused that name.

A controllable projectile that releases short-range, homing energy bubbles when enemies are nearby. (Sort of like the Terrarian.) Up to ten can be released, and then it disappears. Alternatively, you could let go of the projectile and have it release the remaining energy bubbles in random directions. Bubbles do not pierce, but they do bounce off surfaces.

Vitality Bracelet

Grants 3 seconds of rapid regeneration upon taking damage. Enemies that hit you with low-damaging attacks may end up healing you overall, thanks to the regeneration.

Logically, the Thorn Hook would become part of the Jungle Mimic's drop pool. But what about Plantera? In my mind, there is only one hook worthy enough to drop from the mighty Plantera. SzGamer227's Plantera's Hook. No excuses. Let's do it right this time. (Aww... ^u^ <3 ~~Sz)

Frozen Tempest

The hardmode successor to Arkhalis. It's got longer range, it's ice-themed, and you do not get it off a Schmoo.

Not much else to say; Arkhalis is badass enough to speak for itself.

(If this is too much like the Fetid Baghnakhs, it would have an additional short-ranged ice wave attack just to differentiate it a bit. This would be much like a smaller non-penetrating Ice Sickle projectile, but with less range. It would also alternate spin direction for each throw to look better and increase badassery. ~~Sz)

Snowitzer

Kind of like a ranged-weapon version of the Magnet Sphere. It launches slow-moving ice storms that target nearby enemies with whichever bullet it was fired with. Each individual storm's rate of fire is not very fast, but if you've got several out at once, then you'll be dealing out the pain. Maximum number of active storms is 3.

(It also would be possible for this to use Snowballs as ammo instead, making it a Hardmode upgrade to the Snowball Cannon. Maybe even turn the Snowballs explosive. That'd be cool. ~~Sz)

Hailstorm Rod

Summons a stationary hailstorm cloud that rapid-fires hailstones at nearby enemies. Hailstones are affected by gravity and do not pierce.

Frigid Aegis

Caps maximum damage taken at 100 (150 in Expert). The only enemies that bypass this are Dungeon Guardian, Enraged Plantera, and Enraged Duke Fishron.

Moon Lord does not bypass this. Too much special treatment already. Morning Skeletron Prime and Morning Skeletron do not bypass this because they shouldn't have existed in the first place and should be removed in the next update. Fall damage doesn't bypass this, either.

And an Icicle Hook, for completion.

What about the Frostbrand, Ice Bow, and Flower of Frost? These three were not designed to be as unique as the other Biome Mimic weapons. So the logical thing to do is to make them all craftable. And this means that we'll need a new crafting ingredient for that. Glacial Ice, anyone?

With uses in armor crafting, weapons, flasks, and ammunition, Glacial Ice is as conceptually complete as any new ore could hope to be. I don't care if it was neglected with the transition to 1.3; it has to happen, sooner or later.

A list of links to Baconfry's Biome Weapon Project threads, as explained earlier in the post:

Thank you for reading. Please do not refrain from posting questions or comments; I will do my best to answer on Baconfry's behalf. I hope you enjoyed it... I happen to like it very much, and I had been anticipating its publication since before Baconfry withdrew from the forums. :) ~~Sz

Last edited:
Wait a minute...biome keys, chest mimics created by keys, anyone thinking what I'm thinking? Spaghetti sounds delicious right now. Where was I? Oh right, a suggestion.

That frigid aegis. I need it. So far none of the other accessories got a tinker so I won't try to say tinker it with the FTS.

I'm a little too tired right now to do an in depth review so I'll leave my comment to this for now.

Why make a new crafting material when when can use the already available frost cores from the ice golem? But other than that I love it! Support :).

Why make a new crafting material when when can use the already available frost cores from the ice golem? But other than that I love it! Support :).
The glacial ice solves the issue of a virtually useless set of mining tools. Plus it makes more sense for an ice armor to be made of ice, but that's a discussion for the glacial ice thread I think.

Glad you handled Baconfry's request so well. These weapon ideas are all great, though I feel the crossbow could do with more HP restored than just 20. And I feel the Aegis is a tad too powerful, though that may just be me.

Overall though, I support it. Unfortunately I'm on my phone so I can't give a seal of approval or anything.

I think is would be better to have a seperated small and large ice mimic. (the small one still drops the Toy Sled, which is not suitable to be craftable)

Also, for the keys, I think the key for frost mimic could be craft by ice core, 5 soul of light and night.
For the Jungle one, it could be craft by life fruit, 5 soul of light and night.

Snowitzer

Kind of like a ranged-weapon version of the Magnet Sphere. It launches slow-moving ice storms that target nearby enemies with whichever bullet it was fired with. Each individual storm's rate of fire is not very fast, but if you've got several out at once, then you'll be dealing out the pain. Maximum number of active storms is 3.

Personally, I think bullet is too small for a sphere, maybe could use snowball instead.

Frozen Tempest

The hardmode successor to Arkhalis. It's got longer range, it's ice-themed, and you do not get it off a Schmoo.

Maybe it could add some short-ranged ice shard like project?

These weapon ideas are all great, though I feel the crossbow could do with more HP restored than just 20. And I feel the Aegis is a tad too powerful, though that may just be me.
Well, it's hard to say how rapid the healing actually is, but if each Bolt does 5 damage four times a second, then that equates to each bolt having a 10% lifesteal effect, excluding damage done by the impact itself and any haustoria that are lost when an enemy dies. Putting that in perspective, the Spectre Hood has 20% lifesteal at the expense of dealing much less Magic damage. Having a relatively weak healing effect would allow the Crossbow to be a more offensive weapon.

As for the Aegis, not many enemies actually deal enough damage for it to actually do anything. It mostly would just save your :red: from things like giant lasers and unexpected Skeleton Sniper bullets.

Hey @SzGamer227, mind fixing the https on the corruption, crimson, and snow links?
Yea, done.

I think is would be better to have a seperated small and large ice mimic. (the small one still drops the Toy Sled, which is not suitable to be craftable)
There are other places the Toy Sled could go... namely, the Frost Legion is currently a content-deprived area of the game right now, and a Snowman pet item would be a perfect fit.
Personally, I think bullet is too small for a sphere, maybe could use snowball instead.
Perhaps it could... a Hardmode upgrade to the Snowball Cannon would actually be cool, I think, but I don't see anything wrong with the storms firing bullets.
Maybe it could add some short-ranged ice shard like project?
A short-ranged projectile attack might actually be necessary to make it more distinct from from the Fetid Baghnakhs, so yeah, probably. I think a variation of the Ice Sickle's projectile would work well.

(If this is too much like the Fetid Baghnakhs, it would have an additional short-ranged ice wave attack just to differentiate it a bit. This would be much like the Ice Sickle's projectile, but with a shorter duration. It would also alternate spin direction for each throw to look better and increase badassery. ~~Sz)
Wouldn't that activate the piercing weapon invincibility timer? Or does that weapon do that by default. RNG is not my friend.
Morning Skeletron Prime and Morning Skeletron do not bypass this because they shouldn't have existed in the first place and should be removed in the next update.
You know, that's something that I didn't think of until now. They don't really serve a purpose by splattering you across the ground.

Wouldn't that activate the piercing weapon invincibility timer? Or does that weapon do that by default. RNG is not my friend.
This wouldn't penetrate. Should probably change that in the MP.
You know, that's something that I didn't think of until now. They don't really serve a purpose by splattering you across the ground.
Yeah, they just make playing a Hardcore character that much more insane. :p

The very least we could do is to expand it to the Jungle and Snow, the two other biomes important enough to deserve biome weapons of their own.

Underworlds not important? Seriously, I don't understand why no one has done an underworld biome chest, or biome mimic... it would be awesome.. and useful..

ANYWAYS. I like. I spent enough freaking time in the ice biome trying to get the frost tortoise shell, this could add to the many other thing to fight, and collect while down there.. (SERIOUSLY THOUGH. I got 2 slime staves. TWO. before I got the shell. and I didn't even get it myself, my friend's brother gave me one out of pity..) And yeah, I like the jungle, the jungle mimic looks really cool/terrifying. it needs to be added.

also, I agree, it would be a good idea to have the two mimics

Last edited:
Jungle_Mimic.png
Ice_Chest.png

Important note: I am NOT the author of this suggestion thread. As the title suggests, this idea was conceived by @Baconfry, and any text that is not marked should be accredited to him. He never got around to publishing it, but he gave it to me to publish on his behalf. ~~Sz

Anyone remember that time when I tried to make a weapon of each class for every major biome, with sprites and everything? (It's in my signature.) I can tell you that it was loads of fun, but it introduced too many huge changes to have an actual chance of being implemented into the game. (Not my signature, obviously. I have included the portion of Baconfry's signature that contained the Biome Weapon Project in the spoiler at the bottom of this post, for the convenience of anyone who is interested. ~~Sz)

Let's just think of this thread as the spiritual successor to that project.

1.3 introduced Biome Mimics, which are chests that drop biome-themed weapons. This is brilliant, guys. It's a Biome Weapon Project in miniature. So far, it encompasses the Crimson, Corruption, and Hallowed biomes. The very least we could do is to expand it to the Jungle and Snow, the two other biomes important enough to deserve biome weapons of their own.

So, this suggestion introduces the Jungle Mimic (for real this time), and modifies the Ice Mimic to be more like the other Biome Mimics.

Devastator Vine

Another Golem Fist-type chain flail weapon. The difference is that it doesn't retract when hitting an enemy, and instead damages enemies caught within it multiple times, like the Solar Eruption. The tip targets the cursor, and if it connects with an enemy at the tip, it explodes and flings thorns in all directions. Hope your aim is good.

Haustorium Crossbow

Converts arrows to Haustorium Bolts, which inflict the Haustorium debuff on enemies. Nothing is immune, except the Destroyer, which is immune to everything.

(Haustorium: plural haustoria, a special type of root used by parasitic plants to tap into their hosts. A bit complicated to draw in Terraria, so it'll just take the appearance of a seed.)

Up to 3 haustoria can cling to an enemy at once. Each one contributes 5 damage per tick, so it caps at 15. After a haustorium has been attached for 10 seconds, it drops off and can be picked up to restore 20 health. It's ranged lifesteal! Sort of.

Amazon Wrath

Totally reused that name.

A controllable projectile that releases short-range, homing energy bubbles when enemies are nearby. (Sort of like the Terrarian.) Up to ten can be released, and then it disappears. Alternatively, you could let go of the projectile and have it release the remaining energy bubbles in random directions. Bubbles do not pierce, but they do bounce off surfaces.

Vitality Bracelet

Grants 3 seconds of rapid regeneration upon taking damage. Enemies that hit you with low-damaging attacks may end up healing you overall, thanks to the regeneration.

Logically, the Thorn Hook would become part of the Jungle Mimic's drop pool. But what about Plantera? In my mind, there is only one hook worthy enough to drop from the mighty Plantera. SzGamer227's Plantera's Hook. No excuses. Let's do it right this time. (Aww... ^u^ <3 ~~Sz)

Frozen Tempest

(If this is too much like the Fetid Baghnakhs, it would have an additional short-ranged ice wave attack just to differentiate it a bit. This would be much like a smaller non-penetrating Ice Sickle projectile, but with less range. It would also alternate spin direction for each throw to look better and increase badassery. ~~Sz)

Snowitzer

(It also would be possible for this to use Snowballs as ammo instead, making it a Hardmode upgrade to the Snowball Cannon. Maybe even turn the Snowballs explosive. That'd be cool. ~~Sz)

Hailstorm Rod

Summons a stationary hailstorm cloud that rapid-fires hailstones at nearby enemies. Hailstones are affected by gravity and do not pierce.

Frigid Aegis

Caps maximum damage taken at 100 (150 in Expert). The only enemies that bypass this are Dungeon Guardian, Enraged Plantera, and Enraged Duke Fishron.

Moon Lord does not bypass this. Too much special treatment already. Morning Skeletron Prime and Morning Skeletron do not bypass this because they shouldn't have existed in the first place and should be removed in the next update. Fall damage doesn't bypass this, either.

And an Icicle Hook, for completion.

What about the Frostbrand, Ice Bow, and Flower of Frost? These three were not designed to be as unique as the other Biome Mimic weapons. So the logical thing to do is to make them all craftable. And this means that we'll need a new crafting ingredient for that. Glacial Ice, anyone?

With uses in armor crafting, weapons, flasks, and ammunition, Glacial Ice is as conceptually complete as any new ore could hope to be. I don't care if it was neglected with the transition to 1.3; it has to happen, sooner or later.

A list of links to Baconfry's Biome Weapon Project threads, as explained earlier in the post:

Thank you for reading. Please do not refrain from posting questions or comments; I will do my best to answer on Baconfry's behalf. I hope you enjoyed it... I happen to like it very much, and I had been anticipating its publication since before Baconfry withdrew from the forums. :) ~~Sz

Do you take requests?
I dont know how to code, much less boss coding or even spriting..

but i have a few ideas that fall under your modding properties :)

Back
Top Bottom