Search results for query: *

• Users: neoselket
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. neoselket

Short Story The Price of Fear

They came out of nowhere. Popping up all of a sudden, bringing fear and disgust with them. At first only a few were found, each thought to be an anomaly, but then more appeared, and more, and soon they covered the globe. Every country, every island, every continent, even Antarctica. Even...
  2. neoselket

Other Game Empires of the Undergrowth

Empires of the Undergrowth is a real time strategy game where you control ant colonies and fight other bugs for domination. There's tons of ants you can play as, and a ton of different levels to play. You can also customize your ants with upgrades, allowing you to choose what type of playstyle...
  3. neoselket

Other Game Magicmaker

Magicmaker is a massively underrated, 2D sidescrolling platformer rogue-lite where you can make over two million custom spells. If that's not enough to get you interested, I'm not sure what is. The art style is fantastic and looks like everything is made out of construction paper. It's very...
  4. neoselket

Short Story (Horror) The Night Guard's Rules

My name is Kyle Cail. Yes, I know the alliteration is terrible, but my parents didn't notice it until the birth certificate was finalized, so I'm stuck with it. But this story isn't about my name. It's about my new job. I recently got a new job as a night guard at an office building. It was...
  5. neoselket

Portfolio/Multi-Topic Miscellaneous 1.4+ Suggestions

This is basically just a bunch of things i thought of while playing the game that i thought could be improved. Some of them are me pointing out current game mechanics i don't like, and some are suggestions for new things to be added or changed. When you're using an item, like say swinging a...
  6. neoselket

Portfolio/Multi-Topic Journey's End Suggestions

I have a lot of suggestions for things that need to be changed in 1.4, especially seeing as it's the last update. With that in mind, this will probably be my last suggestion. I decided to put all of my 1.4 ideas in one thread to make it easier. I'll probably update this as i think of more...
  7. neoselket

Game Mechanics Simplifying Modifiers

Getting a good modifier for a weapon or accessory can be annoyingly difficult. With so many negative, useless, and unnecessary modifiers, i decided to make a suggestion to simplify things. Basically, the amount of modifiers would be drastically lowered, and each one would be more unique so as to...
  8. neoselket

Biomes & Nature Statues In Marble Biomes

So i was playing Terraria when i had a sudden flash of inspiration. Statues should spawn more often in marble biomes. The reason for this is because medusa is found in marble biomes, and medusa turns things to stone. This would just be a small change, but it would be great for atmosphere, and...
  9. neoselket

Sprites Armor Dyes

There are lots of dyes in terraria, but unfortunately, they don't always work well because the dye has a different look depending on the original color of the item. For example, if you have an adamantite helmet, gold chestplate, and wooden leggings all with red dye, each one will look different...
  10. neoselket

Casual Werewolves vs. Vampires

For a long time, there has been a feud between monster/horror fans as to which is better, Vampires or Werewolves. To tackle this question, i'm going to delve into(some of) the original myths of the two creatures, so grab a seat, this will take a while. Vampires Let's start with Greek...
  11. neoselket

Items Hardmode chest loot

Right now, chests become basically useless once you enter hardmode. Sure, you can find things like gold and potions in them, but you can easily get them in other ways. This is how i would make chests useful throughout the game. When hardmode is activated, all unopened naturally generated chests...
  12. neoselket

Story Dylan and Steve

I've always loved reading and writing, so when i started playing Terraria, i thought it would be cool if there was a story about Terraria. I looked at some of the stories on the forums, and while there were several great ones, i noticed that none of them were accurate to the game's mechanics...
  13. neoselket

NPCs & Enemies Slime Expansion

There's a lot of slimes in Terraria, but i had a few ideas for how to make them a little more interesting. When slimes fall more than 10 blocks(such as in the slime rain) slimes would be in a rain/teardrop shape. Ice slimes would be renamed ice cubes, would be square, and would no longer...
  14. neoselket

What's more useless?

This started out as a game i would play with my sister. In this game, you try to think of an item, and then you add something to it that completely ruins it in an ironic way. Here's an example: Person 1: What's more useless than a helicopter with an ejection seat? Person 2: A submarine with a...
  15. neoselket

NPCs & Enemies Putting some sanity into Martian Madness

Fun fact: This time two years ago, i posted my second suggestion. Martian Madness sucks. To start with, martian probes are annoying ways to summon an event as you have to 1. get to the space layer, 2. find one, 3. avoid wyverns, and 4. prevent summons from killing it. Then, once you've...
  16. neoselket

NPCs & Enemies Critter Expansion

Critters have always played a small part in Terraria, and while they were expanded slightly in 1.2.3 and 1.3, i still feel there is room for improvement. Commence suggestion. First, i would make all(already existing) critters have 9999 defense, which means they would take only 1 damage from any...
  17. neoselket

Neoselket's Q&A

So i finally decided to make one of these. basically, ask me any question you like, if i don't want to answer it i'll say so.
  18. neoselket

Other Art Risk of Ben: Risk of Rain sprite comic

Inspired by the Legend of Maxx, i decided to make a sprite comic on Risk of Rain. The main character is called Ben, for the sole purpose of making a pun. So without further ado, here it is. Feedback is welcome! Here's a banner if you want to support it: Smaller...
  19. neoselket

Game Mechanics Damage over time Debuffs

Right now, most DOT(damage over time) debuffs suck. This is how i suggest we change that. First off, all DOT effects would work exactly the same on the player as they do now, the buffs would only apply to mobs unless stated otherwise. Each debuff would have a 100% chance to be inflicted from...
  20. neoselket

NPCs & Enemies Fixing Worms

Right now, worm enemies in Terraria(The Destroyer, Eater of Worlds, etc.) are the easiest type to defeat. Why? Because they have multiple segments which can each take damage, making piercing weapons annihilate them. To change this, i would make all segments of worm enemies have half a second to...
Back
Top Bottom