I think the same happened to me. It's an issue for sure, but try using the WASD keys to navigate and Space to select things. I was able to use it them. That is, it was on the title screen.Awesome!
But I think I found a really massive bug
I can't interact with the GUI at all
Who needs mechanisms? Why, the long running and large portion of the Terraria fanbase which spend thousands of hours building with mechanisms! They didn't get much attention in 1.3, but this is their day to shine!Update awful. Where are the new bosses? Where new game events? Who needs mechanisms?
HYPE * 100000000000000000000Good morning Terrarians! I want to start this announcement thread for 1.3.1 by thanking our amazing team for their hardwork and dedication to this update. @Yoraiz0r had his work cut out for him with adding controller support to an engine that was not built for it. Not only did he make it work but he made it work so beautifully, thank you so much! @Lazure as always did a fantastic job providing assets to a sometimes too picky team. Thank you for your creativity and patience! @Arkhalis and the entire beta testing team- You rock! This update would have been a little messy without you! Everyone else behind the scenes- You know you are very much loved and appreciated!!
Now that all that mushy business is out of the way we can jump back into things! This update is focused on new mechanics and controller support- yay! Thank you everyone who provided suggestions in the mechanics suggestion thread- you gave us some great ideas! Below you will find the changelog as well as some other fancy things to check out, please read through everything before jumping into the game, I promise it is worth it!
1.3.1 Feedback and Bugs Section
@Yoraiz0r took some time to write an "Introduction to Wiring" for beginners; you'll find it very helpful if you are just getting into wiring. It also explains the new wiring mechanics from 1.3.1
An Official Introduction to Terrarian 1.3.1 Wiring & Mechanics
One of the coolest aspects of this update is the way in which it makes mapmaking both easier and more in-depth! For those that are not aware, earlier in Terraria's life, there were a ton of custom maps - covering everything from standalone Adventures to Parkour to PVP and more - created by players for easy download and play. Theses maps utilized clever building skills and a defined set of rules to transform "vanilla" Terraria into a fresh experience. We are really hoping that Terraria 1.3.1 will trigger a renaissance of this kind of shared player creations!
MAPMAKERS REJOICE - ADVENTURE MAPS ARE BACK WITH A VENGEANCE!
To help kick that off properly, we have worked with mapmakers-of-legend @Baih and Noel to present their latest creation - and the first map made with Terraria 1.3.1 - for your gaming pleasure. Without further ado, Re-Logic is proud to introduce:
A Terraria 1.3.1 Adventure Map - By Baih & Noel
To download the Tales of the Terrarian Map, simply click the image above!
For a brief description, screenshots, and other information about this brand new Adventure Map that uses a lot of what 1.3.1 has to offer, check out the Official Thread for Tales of the Terrarian! While you are there, be sure to share your feedback and appreciation for the amazing work these two put together here! Our entire team was impressed, to put it mildly.
If you would rather just dive right in and get playing, the basics (how to use custom maps and the rules for Tales of the Terrarian) are located in the spoiler below:
How to Download:
- Download the map from the link given above
- Place the world file in your Terraria worlds folder (found from User -> Documents -> My Games -> Terraria -> Worlds)
- Create a new softcore character
- Join the world, it is called "Beta Adventure" (Until TEdit updates so we can change the world name)
- Use a new softcore character
- Destroy your starting items when you enter the map
- Do not use any items obtained/dropped from any mobs/NPCs
- Do not build or mine in the map
Dedicated server info
TERRARIA 1.3.1 FULL CHANGELOG
(Click Spoilers for Details)
- Added Controller Support using Xinput.
- Added Inventory Sorting.
- Dart Traps & all Temple Traps can now be hammered to rotate 90 degrees at a time.
- Added smart interact, making chatting with NPCs, opening doors and using objects easier.
- Cannons (normal, bunny, confetti, Snowball Launcher) can now be controlled by wire and shoot fake projectiles!
- Improved Smart Cursor & made it interact with more items.
- Improved Wire drawing to look less fuzzy with multiple colors on the same tile.
- Improved over 1,800 sprite graphics.
- Optimized net messages for tile entities (target dummies, item frames)
- Improved the Settings Menu and added new settings.
- Added new large gem over-head display.
- Improved melee hit detection around slopes.
- You can now use situational building accessories from your inventory and toggle their effects like info accessories.
- Info icons now have a border around them when aimed at (clarity!).
- Improved keybinding options, you can now also bind to mouse 3/4/5.
- Added Logic Gates (AND, NAND, OR, NOR, XOR, NXOR
- Added Logic Gate Lamps (On, Off, Faulty)
- Added Logic Sensors (Day, Night, Under Player)
- Added Liquid Sensors (Water, Lava, Honey, Any)
- Added Conveyor Belts.
- Added The Grand Design.
- Added Yellow Wrench.
- Added Junction Box.
- Added Mechanical Lens.
- Added Announcement Box.
- Added Actuation Rod.
- Added Team Blocks and Platforms.
- Added Static Hook.
- Added Presserator.
- Added Engineering Helmet.
- Added Companion Cube.
- Added Gem Locks.
- Added Large Amber.
- Added Weighted Pressure Plates (4 colors).
- Added Wire Bulb.
- Added 12 new craftable Critter Statues.
- Added Portal Gun Station.
- Added Trapped Chests.
- Added Projectile Pressure Pad.
- Added several new monster statues.
- Added Angler Tackle Bag.
- Added Geyser Trap.
- Added Bone Campfire.
- Added Ultra Bright Campfire.
- Added Multicolor Wrench.
- Critters spawned from statues are no longer catchable.
- Highly increased Duke Fishron's "run away" distance.
- Medusa can no longer petrify players directly above her.
- Medusa is now Hardmode-only.
- Added NPC names for the painter, wizard, and skeleton merchant, based on contest results.
- You can now find Beehives in the Jungle - Not the bees!
- Lowered the volume of the Solar Eruption's use sound.
- Torches can now be put on actuated tiles.
- Slimes should no longer be able to go through 1 block high gaps.
- Target dummies no longer benefit from lifesteal or spectre set.
- Fixed Frostbite hiding time left when wet under certain circumstances.
- Fixed Desert Spirit hitbox to match sprite size.
- Fixed NPCs not recognizing kills / interactions properly if they have multiple segments.
- Fixed music boxes not emitting music notes while open.
- Fixed Flesh Grass spreading under Sunflowers.
- Fixed Tally Counter not showing information for enemies hit with mounts or special attacks.
- Fixed player leg skin colors mismatching the rest of the body when in stealth.
- Fixed Seedler not dropping from Boss Bags.
- Fixed popular NPC Housing exploit.
- Fixed Ranger Lifesteal bug.
- Fixed Paint Sprayer spraying over blocks in several occasions that it should not (e.g. grass that gets turned into dirt as a result of placing an object).
- Fixed being on the edge of the underground not counting when spawning dungeon / Underground Desert monsters.
- Fixed teleporting directly on top of a pressure plate not triggering it properly since.
- Fixed Town NPC melee weapons drawing brightly while in darkness.
- Fixed Crimson Heart failing to stand to roll roll around on platforms.
- Fixed tile entities not properly clearing on world clear procedure.
- Fixed Crystal Storm not bouncing its shots.
- Fixed chests without custom names not showing mouse over icons.
- Fixed Wooden Boomerang being unusable when near slopes.
- Fixed Wall of Flesh going above hell and dragging everyone with it.
- Fixed Martian Saucer having invisible / unhittable body parts in multiplayer.
- Fixed Martian Probe not causing Martian Invasions when it should.
- Harpies and Antlion Swarmers can no longer swim.
- Fixed dressers blowing up from explosive projectiles.
- Fixed Gi and Kimono leg sprites being genderswapped.
- Fixed ancient light and fishron bubbles not appearing in expert mode.
- Fixed Werewolf sounds being bugged if used for vanity.
- Fixed Tax Collector not using some of his special chat dialog.
- Fixed infinite flight time exploit.
- Fixed Martian Saucers missing their home planet during the invasion and leaving.
- Fixed trapdoors de-syncing when operated via wires.
- Fixed L shaped housing exploit.
- Fixed minecarts hitting invincible enemies.
- Fixed multiple bugs regarding auto-pause and inventory management.
- Demon Altars should no longer create 'unbreakable' pots.
- Fixed rare "character not respawning" under certain circumstances.
- Fixed background drawing through completely unlit walls in hell.
- Fixed solar pickaxe using a bad glowmask.
- Fixed wall of flesh not spawning in singleplayer under certain circumstance.
- Fixed snow not falling naturally after a player jumps in most cases.
- Fixed paintball gun and confetti grenades being unable to crit.
- Fixed Titanium Armor & Black Belt dodges not working against Moon Lord.
- Fixed animated tilesets touching half-bricks stop animating.
- Fixed yet another duplication exploit.
- Fixed altered worlds getting stuck in spirit release phase under a rare circumstance.
- Fixed Chlorophyte protection in the jungle not being as effective as it should be.
- Fixed right clicking equipment at inventory not granting achievements for equipping it.
- Fixed paladin's shield ally protection benefits not functioning properly.
- Fixed minor capitalization issue in the guide's help text.
- Fixed star in a bottle buff not working.
- Brain of Cthulhu & Eater of Worlds now properly leave upon massacring the player / if the player leaves their territory.
- Fixed issue where the nurse would not heal all debuffs under rare circumstances.
- Fixed double damage popups from other players inflicting harm to themselves via explosives.
- Fixed 'full-screen map' button opening a black screen if map is disabled in general.
- Fixed players being unable to get on a mount if they're too close to workbenches.
- Fixed shenanigans with actuating gemspark blocks.
- Fixed Mudstone Brick having a bad name (Mudstone Block).
- Tiles under Lihzahrd altars can no longer be actuated until the golem is defeated.
- Fixed temporary holes in the darkness when removing light sources.
- Fixed items that cost less than 5 copper always sell for 1 copper , even when sold in Stacks.
For those of you interested in playing 1.3.1 with a PS4 controller @ChippyGaming made a lovely video explaining how to make it happen. As this is 3rd party software we take no responsibility for any crazy business it may cause.
Finally, if you're ready to step your game up, check out [T-MEC] or Terrarian Mechanical Engineering Corps, for all things wiring and automation!
1.3.1 Dedicated Server
Yes I agreeLooks great, can't wait to try this stuff out for myself. Until then though, the best thing I can see about this is the changes to medusa.
Just for clarification, critters can still be caught. However, the statue-spawned ones cannot be caught because it would be too easy to farm high-end bait from them (as opposed to the well known high-yield Grasshopper technique, which are only worth 10% bait power).Why did you remove the ability to catch critters?
Flower Boots are rare to get, it is why they tolarate it.Ah yes, my bad. I know you can still catch critters that naturally spawn, but you can still farm OP bait from flower boots ( buggy ), so why not just add more options? Also, statues were a good way to farm money through catching critters. I made almost 400 platinum from farming statues. Maybe instead of completely remove the functionality of catching critters from statues, you could make the lightning bugs from the statues only spawn in hardmode, or make a new statue for them. Scorpions are pretty poor bait, so it makes little difference. You could then nerf the sell prices of critters, and also make high-end butterflies hardmode exclusive ( purple-emperor, tree nymph.). I will still use this update to the best of my abilities, but this change could turn away many players.