1.3.4 is LIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to give everyone an example of how flat the terrain needs to be and how I am farming for medals, here's some pictures:
If you make it completely 100% flat the ballistas will probably be a lot more effective. Not to mention any weapons you use that go in a straight line. :)

Capture%202016-11-17%2000_18_23.png

Something quick I made, up in the clouds. There are some dart traps around the altar and every meter there's a spike trap waiting to be triggered when something steps on its plate. I might litter the place with traps later on, dunno yet. I find the turret staves already rather effective. :)

Two small problems.
Firstly, I hadn't had any problems with Living Flame Dye before this patch. The fix you did has now caused it to either make things so transparent they're nearly invisible, or invisible.
Second, the Seed Generation 'Tool' does not show up for me. I've loaded the game, played for a while, and even created a new world to get the option to show up in the config.json file, but it refuses to show itself.

If you make it completely 100% flat the ballistas will probably be a lot more effective. Not to mention any weapons you use that go in a straight line. :)

I just wanted to show people that it doesn't need to be entirely flat, so that if they wanted to they could place small pits to throw lava, spike balls, etc into it. I would prefer it to be completely flat like you showed, but it doesn't entirely have to be.

The one thing I wanted more than anything in the game was an accessory to replace the workbench, so you don't have to remove and place it somewhere when building stuff. It's more annoying when starting a new world with a fresh character. Great update, by the way. Did not expect it this soon. Thought it was gonna be much later. Loving the additions.

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to all of our favorite Terrarians!

We're moving right along with addressing some of the bugs that cropped up with our recent release of the 1.3.4, and everyone's favorite wizard @Yoraiz0r has whipped up a nice hotfix to address a number of these!

1.3.4.2 Hotfix
  • Fixed Pumpkins getting cut when swinging nearby items or projectiles at them (we wanted to make placing blocks over them cut them for convenience, nothing else!)
  • Fixed town npcs potentially disappearing if you load a map using a non-english language
  • Fixed celestial pillars not loading properly, resulting in immediate wipe and triggering impending doom.
  • Fixed Drill Containment Unit being usable during creative shock
  • Fixed unconscious Tavernkeep & sleeping Angler not showing up on the lifeform analyzer
  • Fixed tavernkeep accidentally spawning in water
  • Fixed Stardust Armor's excess lighting brightness
  • Fixed tooltips on the new accessories saying 'sentry' damage when it meant minion damage, there never was such a thing as sentry damage.
  • Fixed numerous input issues
  • Fixed item linking in chat!
  • Fixed Stardust cell minion's shots trying to occassionally latch to town npcs and the Eternia crystals
  • Fixed Old One's lane portals not emitting light
  • Fixed weapons not being usable while chatting!!!
  • Fixed Defender's Forge name missing when open
  • Fixed Monk's brows saying "attack speed" instead of "melee attack speed"
  • Fixed the tavernkeep still calling Eternia crystals "Elder" crystals

index.php

We've got a bit more in store for you than the run of the mill bug fixes and adjustments though. As you may have noticed, in 1.3.4, we've included a new, experimental feature in the form of World Seeds.

Well, today, we've are happy to introduce Texture Pack Support as a new experimental feature in Terraria! Please check out the link below for more details and a place to give your feedback!
http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...s-texture-pack-support-and-world-seeds.51452/

As usual, if needed, you can update your server files to 1.3.4.2 by following the link below:
http://www.terraria.org/server/terraria-server-1342.zip

Good morning, good afternoon, and good evening to all of our favorite Terrarians!

We're moving right along with addressing some of the bugs that cropped up with our recent release of the 1.3.4, and everyone's favorite wizard @Yoraiz0r has whipped up a nice hotfix to address a number of these!

1.3.4.2 Hotfix
  • Fixed Pumpkins getting cut when swinging nearby items or projectiles at them (we wanted to make placing blocks over them cut them for convenience, nothing else!)
  • Fixed town npcs potentially disappearing if you load a map using a non-english language
  • Fixed celestial pillars not loading properly, resulting in immediate wipe and triggering impending doom.
  • Fixed unconscious Tavernkeep & sleeping Angler not showing up on the lifeform analyzer
  • Fixed tooltips on the new accessories saying 'sentry' damage when it meant minion damage, there never was such a thing as sentry damage.
  • Fixed Stardust cell minion's shots trying to occassionally latch to town npcs and the Eternia crystals

index.php

We've got a bit more in store for you than the run of the mill bug fixes and adjustments though. As you may have noticed, in 1.3.4, we've included a new, experimental feature in the form of World Seeds.

Well, today, we've are happy to introduce Texture Pack Support as a new experimental feature in Terraria! Please check out the link below for more details and a place to give your feedback!
http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...s-texture-pack-support-and-world-seeds.51452/

As usual, if needed, you can update your server files to 1.3.4.2 by following the link below:
Awesomely done! Texture packs? As in.... Whoaaa *mind blown*

Thanks for the update. I know it's a little too soon, but I found a couple of other little bugs.
When the Tavernkeep sits down while wearing a party hat, the hat is in a different location since he's bigger than normal.
And only one Queen Spider can exist at a time when using sentry cap bonuses. Similarly, she also doesn't do touch damage in PvP (I know that part doesn't matter, but still :p)

1.3.4.2 Hotfix

index.php

The pumpkins are fixed! Also, Aww yea! Texture pack support! I can finally distribute my texture pack to the masses with ease!

EDIT: Hang on, I noticed something fishy about pumpkins. The previous change seemed to screw up the smart cursor placement of them, it now thinks that there is no pumpkin placed when there already is one, instead of the cursor moving on to the next even space. Is this just my .config settings?

Last edited:
The pumpkins are fixed! Also, Aww yea! Texture pack support! I can finally distribute my texture pack to the masses with ease!

EDIT: Hang on, I noticed something fishy about pumpkins. The previous change seemed to screw up the smart cursor placement of them, it now thinks that there is no pumpkin placed when there already is one, instead of the cursor moving on to the next even space. Is this just my .config settings?
Hmm, not likely, I'm pretty sure I fixed it but I'll take a look again tomorrow! thanks for the report! (glad to see someone's using smart cursor for more than a pickaxe)

Hmm, not likely, I'm pretty sure I fixed it but I'll take a look again tomorrow! thanks for the report! (glad to see someone's using smart cursor for more than a pickaxe)
I use it for everything! Planting, buckets, you name it! If it is an issue, it would be appreciated if you fixed it! Thanks again for your incredible work on Terraria, these hotfixes, and the new texture pack feature! As a texture pack creator, I am SO grateful for this new feature! It's so much easier to compile packs into an easy download!
Keep it up guys!

So Bessie is proving to me a pain in the donkey for me I can handle the boss itself but the crystal can't... I must be missing something there as I just lack the DPS...

@ppowersteef I can't vouch for the removal of the banner buff, but the idea of adjusting extremely common invasion enemies so that their banner drops are more reasonable is something I would like to look into when things have settled down. This adjustment was an experiment, because playing a single session of the invasion could give upwards of 10 banners for regular Goblins sometimes.

I don't think every invasion needs this, but in a few, (Pumpkin and Frost Moon for example), some of the cannon fodder mobs, like Scarecrows, behave the same way (hundreds per invasion). It may be reasonable to adjust them the same way.
The banner thing is only relating to the Old man's army event which is good because I kinda liked the banners working the way they did mainly as it helped me out when trying to grind through the pumpkin moon/frost moon for the 8000th time on normal or trying to clear them at all on expert. Without the stat reducing effects of the banners the doubled expert stats of some of the later wave enemies make the holiday moon events practically impossible on expert mode... *shivers*... I'm not a hard core pro player... Events are quite brutal on expert due to the flat doubling base stats bonus of expert mode

If I have one complaint about the update it would be that it feels too disjointed from the rest of the game due to its pure crossover status Overall it just feels too rigid. Part of that is probably my OCD for cohesiveness. That and I generally prefer games staying at the level of inspiration for these kinda things.

For instance all the sentry buffs come exclusively from the event and have no tinkers which kinda feels like a missed opportunity.

I'm not sure if this has always been the case, but i'm noticing auto-fire weapons ceasing their fire when the cursor is hovered over an active buff icon (The ones displayed below primary inventory). It feels like it hasn't been the case since I've only noticed it now after a long time of playing.

I'm not sure if this has always been the case, but i'm noticing auto-fire weapons ceasing their fire when the cursor is hovered over an active buff icon (The ones displayed below primary inventory). It feels like it hasn't been the case since I've only noticed it now after a long time of playing.
Will look into it soon, thanks for the report!

If they are underground, its because something, whether it be a height change, a pitfall, or the ground being way too high above the portals, resulted in them doing so.

This event is designed to be done on a relatively flat, open area. This is stated when attempting to start the event in an area that doesn't fit these qualifications. But the enemies will make do regardless, and if they end up stuck underground, they will continue in that way until they get to the crystal. I'd recommend posting a picture of your arena, or making a more flat battleground.
This event is designed for making an arena as most worlds don't have a full screen of flat terrain.
I have built an arena, the traps were inevitable, and now I am on what works and doesn't for these new mobs.

The banner thing is only relating to the Old man's army event which is good because I kinda liked the banners working the way they did mainly as it helped me out when trying to grind through the pumpkin moon/frost moon for the 8000th time on normal or trying to clear them at all on expert. Without the stat reducing effects of the banners the doubled expert stats of some of the later wave enemies make the holiday moon events practically impossible on expert mode... *shivers*... I'm not a hard core pro player... Events are quite brutal on expert due to the flat doubling base stats bonus of expert mode

When I mentioned my interest in looking into expanding the banner change, it was ONLY in reference to the "less common drop rate" to avoid spam. Not to remove the stat benefits, which I love oh so very much as a bannerfan.

I don't think it would hurt anyone to get a Scarecrow banner ever 200 kills instead of every 50. However, now isn't quite the time for decisions like that, while still working on 1.3.4! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom