Official 1.3 Launch Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know when the patch that removes the bug that keeps anyone from getting the rest of the fishing achievements will be released?

I really hoped the battle potion would be buffed. Seriously there should be armies of enemies lined up. I have a battle shrine that has water candles and a box of battle potions. It seems pretty underwhelming so far. Even with the blood moon.

Not sure if this has been suggested yet, but it would be nice if equips that are "Favorited" would keep the flag when they are equipped and unequipped (if you equip a favorited item and then move it back to your inventory, the favorite is gone). Also, with the Cell Phone, it would be nice if you could toggle the info on and off, at one point when I equipped my REK3000, I saw the icons lined up horizontally below the map for a short moment before they populated. It would be nice if you could "minimize" the info to a bar of icons like that and if it would save your preferences in your player file so it would stick if you moved the Cell Phone into a treasure chest or restarted the game. For example, I like being able to see rare enemies nearby and dps, but for the most part I could care less about how fast I'm going or how many enemies are near me.

stacking Watercandles would be amazing. I doubt it'll happen though :/

Anyhow since I'm on this thread anyway. Anyone know about a Solar eclipse bug ? I had like. 12 out of 15 days solar eclipses in extreme. im growing tired and annoyed :/

Achievement hunting in Expert. 92%. Only a few left :$ (bugged ones left :/)

So I got the achievement for 50 fishing quests and all the others are showing as incomplete still.... how peculiar.

That cell phone is amazing though.
[DOUBLEPOST=1436384773,1436384517][/DOUBLEPOST]
Just dealt with the nightmare gauntlet that is the last boss sequence. That whole thing was proof positive that the developers do not care at all about single player. "Nasty" is too kind a word to describe it. Now that we have a game that is basically only possible to finish with half a dozen other people helping you at minimum if you aren't some super-player who's logged 4,000 hours on the game, can we maybe have a game that someone who isn't willing to dedicate six months straight to it can actually finish?
Try easy mode nub. If you can't hang in expert without pitching a whine tent then you clearly are not an expert.

I think all the tears taste delicious.

[DOUBLEPOST=1436384773,1436384517][/DOUBLEPOST]
Try easy mode nub. If you can't hang in expert without pitching a whine tent then you clearly are not an expert.

I think all the tears taste delicious.

It's people like you that destroy otherwise good games, you realize. Toxic fans who clamor for harder and less accessible content that drives off any potential new players and replaces them with absolutely nobody. People who think it's okay to insult anyone not as "good" as they are. You are part of the problem, and I suggest you change that.

Sky are you playing expert mode? Because if you are playing expert mode and saying this I am going to assume you are up to no good.

This is a problem on normal difficulty as well as expert. Terraria is just too damn unforgiving for a single player. The choices are either rote memorization plus absurdly fast reflexes plus a lot of luck, or building some sort of completely unintuitive mega-arena that exploits some obscure tick in the boss AI. That's not fun! That's torture for the former, and the kind of thing game hackers do for kicks for the latter! And it really doesn't help anything that it takes so damn LONG to get a second shot at ANY boss. You can die all you want to regular enemies, or during moon events, but for bosses, it's complete cheapness. One shot, you can't die or the boss runs away and your effort was a complete waste. Go grind for another half-hour or wait for another full day to pass (which is about half an hour too), then try again. No thank you, I'll play a game that doesn't ask me to go bugger off for an eternity to get a second shot instead. It used to have the small mercy of letting you Ctrl+Alt+Del and reload your character, but not any more since they added auto-save-on-death that ignores settings about auto-save. Terraria actively wants to punish me for not being clairvoyant, and I don't have to put up with that. It can rot in my Steam list until someone actually fixes that nonsense. I'm done with Terraria until such time.

Dude I asked you a question and you completely side stepped it with "but it's hard on both difficulties!" Of course moonlord is hard on normal. Its the.. what.. third bloody installment of terraria? The ceiling is of course going to be raised. If you are playing it on expert mode, you get what it says on the tin. Though SOME PEOPLE don't think it's hard enough and actually beat it in 2 days.

I came here in the (apparently vain) hope that maybe I might be able to help the developers actually make the game better. All I'm encountering are people like Morsu who seem to think that being jerks is in any way, shape or form helpful, or people like Based Hie who just want to defend the bad decisions that Terraria's developers have made in the name of "pleasing the fans". I don't really care if the game is "too easy" for a handful of noisy sorts, what I care about is that the game is anything but "too easy" for a huge number of people who never say anything about it. They just try it once, get killed a lot, never defeat any of the bosses, and that's it. I'm here as a voice for those who never speak up, who just let the game degrade into a more and more pandering experience to a smaller and smaller demographic of players. And apparently nobody wants to hear that voice, because it's not saying "make the game even harder".

Do you use potions?

Of course I do. That prolongs the hard fights by maybe 15 seconds. Which doesn't help anything when the cooldown time is 60 seconds and can only be reduced to 45 at best while sacrificing an accessory slot to do it at the same time. How am I supposed to sustain myself against bosses that move twice as fast as me and beeline for my exact position constantly? How am I supposed to deal with projectile spam of literally hundreds of shots in the air constantly? Is there some secret "make the bosses not be complete :red:s" feature I completely missed? And even at that, it's not the fact that the bosses are hard that pisses me off; I'm fine with a challenge. What pisses me off is the fact that you have to grind or wait forever to get another shot at them if you lose. If they'd just fix that problem, I wouldn't even care that the bosses are kill-crazy bastards that require excessive effort to bring down.

Dude I asked you a question and you completely side stepped it with "but it's hard on both difficulties!" Of course moonlord is hard on normal. Its the.. what.. third bloody installment of terraria? The ceiling is of course going to be raised. If you are playing it on expert mode, you get what it says on the tin. Though SOME PEOPLE don't think it's hard enough and actually beat it in 2 days.

I got it on the 6th day after figuring its pattern out. There weren't any vids up yet & didn't look until but the feeling of completing it without guide <3
I secretly hope for this game to get a secret boss or smth outside of achievements thats harder :x
(Moon Lord KillCount is 12 now :x)

I came here in the (apparently vain) hope that maybe I might be able to help the developers actually make the game better. All I'm encountering are people like Morsu who seem to think that being jerks is in any way, shape or form helpful, or people like Based Hie who just want to defend the bad decisions that Terraria's developers have made in the name of "pleasing the fans". I don't really care if the game is "too easy" for a handful of noisy sorts, what I care about is that the game is anything but "too easy" for a huge number of people who never say anything about it. They just try it once, get killed a lot, never defeat any of the bosses, and that's it. I'm here as a voice for those who never speak up, who just let the game degrade into a more and more pandering experience to a smaller and smaller demographic of players. And apparently nobody wants to hear that voice, because it's not saying "make the game even harder".

Im not being a jerk, all I am seeing is someone who can't beat a game/bothers to get into

If people want my help they can pm me. I don't mind helping them at all, be it advice. or ingame Help.

Figure out it's patterns..... Watch youtube guides.... Ask people. I struggled with Terraria at start as well. Learn from the mistakes you make. I don't know how many hours you played til you gave up but, or till what point.. Oh well.

Everyone here needs to get back to discussing the topic, and not each other, please. Stop jabbing at each other; it's OK to have different opinions and disagree. Just be civil about it, OK?

Everyone here needs to get back to discussing the topic, and not each other, please. Stop jabbing at each other; it's OK to have different opinions and disagree. Just be civil about it, OK?

Back to the real topic at hand: I honestly think there needs to be a few more NPCS. This update brought in a whopping 1 new town NPC.

All of these absurd strategies to deal with the boss that are completely unintuitive are just reinforcing my point: Terraria is impossible to play "normally". There's an unspoken rule in game design: you make a pact with the player when they play your game. That pact is that the rules the player observes (as well as the rules you tell the player are there) are the rules that the game works by, and if the player masters those rules, they will be able to succeed. If the rules you teach the player are inconsistent (or worse, completely wrong), you've done a bad job at conveying what you expect to the player or purposely set out to make sure they fail. Games that encourage creativity often have it worst in this regard, because they're often so open-ended that they're basically telling the player "figure it out yourself" when it comes to dealing with problems. And that's not really fair, especially not when the only solutions that work are so far from what a sane person would think up unaided as to effectively be invisible to them.

I don't have a problem with creative solutions to problems. I encourage that sort of thinking. But I also don't think that they should be unguided and absolutely insane. "Build a road the size of New Mexico in the sky to do aerial ballet on", "trap yourself in a tiny box and spam the most unfair weapon you have", "build a miniature railroad to do donuts around a boxed-in boss" and other such solutions should not be expected of a player, because let me tell you, I have yet to encounter anyone who both thought up something that insane on their own and figured that was going to be anything resembling fun or a good idea.

Dude, you are missing the point of creativity games then. They are made to challenge you to think outside the box, not to think that 2 + 2 = 4. They are created to challenge the mind and see what the user creates. The fact that there is no clear strategy, that multiple work, means that its good.

When I fought the Lunar Event, I had no strategy except what I saw would kill me. In the large, orange bright one I made sure to stay on the ground because a giant worm could kill me easily. In another there is a bunch of spheres that constantly regenerate, I used that to get the force field down faster. In the 3rd I faced it had teleporting things that shot beams at me and untargetable spheres of energy. I made my pets go after the teleporting things, and flew around to stay away from the orbs of energy. It is all based on your idea. The fact that there is no concrete way of doing things means it is a creativity game.

Also, the rules that Terraria states are not wrong. Each boss has a given AI and health that causes it to do certain things. They each have a pattern you can predict. The Eye of Cthulu will charge through you when below half life. Plantera stops shooting seeds at you and charges at you with a horde of venus fly trap things when below half life. Duke Fishron summons tornadoes to shoot sharks at you. You need to learn how to adapt. If something doesn't work you change tactics. I failed my first try of killing the Moon Lord. Thus, I thought of something else. I used the Phantasm with Shroomite armor, which took about 30 minutes to get, and tried using the archery combo to win. When, I still lost, I looked into certain potions that could help me and how I could use the Nurse to my advantage. The entire concept of Sandbox and these creativity games is to figure out new and different methods to beat something rather than just shooting the same guy repeatedly in the face like in Torchlight 2.

See the thing is. The strategies do not have to be crazy "New Mexico" sized walk-ways or "miniature railroad to do donuts around a boxed-in boss. The idea is not to do something crazy. The idea is to find something that works, and if it doesn't try something new. If you can't seem to grasp this concept or don't find this fun, then this game is obviously not for you and I suggest you find a new game to play. I would not suggest Minecraft or Starbound as they are also creative, Sandbox games where everything is different every single time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom