- Guide Category
- Weapon/Gear Use
Have you ever wondered whether the venom staff or flower pow is a better weapon against empress? No? Well here's a huge chart.
Some chart explanations
- The numbers are kill times in seconds
- In the summoner area: MS = morning star, K = Kaleidoscope, FC = Firecracker, WS = Whip stacked kaleidoscopic, with durandel, and morning star
- Eye bats means I used 3 pairs of twins + 6 sanguine bats, it was an attempt to work around optic's iFrame issues
- Deadly bats means I used 4 deadly sphere + 5 sanguine bats, it was an attempt to work around deadly sphere's iFrame issues
- Throughout all the test I died 5 times: grenade launcher friendly fire, trying to maneuver empress into the toxic flask, in the optic staff + MS test, and twice using the copper shortsword
- The Colors represent roughly how hard hard it is to hit empress with the weapon
- Green - Means fast homing
- Light Green - Means fast non homing projectiles with good range
- Yellow - Means the weapon has somewhat limited range but doesn't have issues hitting in that range, this is really no different from Light Green for me, but these weapons may do worse for someone who plays less aggressive, or puts more distance between empress and themselves
- Orange - Weapon has slow projectiles that were somewhat awkward to hit with, or spread was very large that even at my fighting distance it missed often, this likely had an impact on the weapon's performance
- Red - Hitting empress with this weapon is a struggle, this likely had a major impact on the weapon's performance
- White - Slow homing weapons... not really sure how to rate these, they required me to make some extra U-turns
- All whips are considered Yellow, the colors in the summoner section describe the minions.
What else was used
- Witch broom was used for all my mobility
- Buffs used were: wrath, summoning, bewitching, ichor imbue, archery, ale, sharpened, magic pow, mana regen, clairvoyance
- Mana potions were occasionally used during the magic tests
- Unless otherwise stated, 3 raven minions were used alongside the weapon
- If the primary weapon didn't inflict ichor the possed hachet was occasionally used to do so
- Possed hachet was NOT used with the phantasm, piranha gun, or laser machine gun since those discourage switching weapons
- Here's the equipment used:
- From left to right: bow, gun, misc ranged, melee, magic: stats, magic: spectre, magic: hybrid, pure summoner
- The only reason I used putrid scent in gun build was because I forgot celestial shell existed when I was looking for a quiver replacement
- Shroomite helmet was used in place of the adamantite mask when using styger or nail gun (it's not worth using on rocket launhcers since they get half thier damage from ammo which the shroomite pieces don't effect)
Got any questions?
Want me to test another weapon?