Game Mechanics A whip to turn enemy into minion.

Gauntix

Terrarian
Have a summoner whip that upon lowering the enemy's hp to 0 just makes them your minion. They would act as a normal minion would (invincible, teleports to you when you move) and adds player summon damage to their base damage. Obviously bosses would be immune. You would have to ensure that it would be the whip alone that reduced the hp to 0 as to not cheese the hp out of them.

Alternately you could make them separate from a classic minion by giving them a health bar that maybe scales off your summon damage. It could increase damage, hp, movement speed ect. of said summon. It could be a whole separate class really based off a stat separate from summoning. Like persuasion or diplomacy. Instead of a whip it's a megaphone 🤣 I've gone too far.

I do not Support this for a very simple reason:
There is no Cap. If i understood the post correctly, there is no limit to how many "minios" you can have at once. This would lead to sub-1s boss-kills being possible fairly easily, esspecialy if they use local iframes like most minions.

I do not Support this for a very simple reason:
There is no Cap. If i understood the post correctly, there is no limit to how many "minios" you can have at once. This would lead to sub-1s boss-kills being possible fairly easily, esspecialy if they use local iframes like most minions.
Ahh that's true. Also I just realized how old this post is. Second time i've revived a necropost lol

I like the idea behind it, it's honestly what I originally thought whips would do, but with Terraria's current minion system it'd be extremely difficult to implement, and even if it were able to be implemented, it would be extremely difficult to balance as well.
Not saying it's a bad idea, but even though I hate using the phrase, it seems like a Terraria 2 idea.

Back
Top Bottom