tModLoader Assorted Mods by Ef

Simple Auto Chests: Do you prefer "elaborate" names for the chests or simpler ones?

• Elaborate

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Simple

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So i was playing around with Pillar Items plus, and the 2 weapons I've tried so far are broken. Playing a ranger character so I made Messier Mortar and the Star Thrower. The starthrower doesn't require ammo despite calling for gel, and the Messier mortar forgot what projectile to fire, so it fired a pet from a completely different mod.

So the starthrower isn't supposed to use ammo, but I guess I forgot to remove the tool tip that says it does. Easy enough to fix. I have no idea why the mortar would be using a pet instead of rockets...I'll have to see if I misspelled something maybe? What exactly was the pet and mod, and did it remove the pet from your inventory, replace the projectile, or what?

So the starthrower isn't supposed to use ammo, but I guess I forgot to remove the tool tip that says it does. Easy enough to fix. I have no idea why the mortar would be using a pet instead of rockets...I'll have to see if I misspelled something maybe? What exactly was the pet and mod, and did it remove the pet from your inventory, replace the projectile, or what?
It used the Fenekin from PokeVanity mod and I didn't have the item to spawn in on my character, it just fired one. Don't know if it consumed ammo, I'm using an infinite rocket from Infinity mod.
Edit: Was trying to use Rocket 3.

It used the Fenekin from PokeVanity mod and I didn't have the item to spawn in on my character, it just fired one. Don't know if it consumed ammo, I'm using an infinite rocket from Infinity mod.
Edit: Was trying to use Rocket 3.

Really weird. So then it just replaced the sprite of the "nebula grenade" the mortar normally fires and instead launched a small, extremely terrified fox? Did it have the same behavior as a grenade (the kind fired from the grenade launcher)?

Really weird. So then it just replaced the sprite of the "nebula grenade" the mortar normally fires and instead launched a small, extremely terrified fox? Did it have the same behavior as a grenade (the kind fired from the grenade launcher)?
Nope the fox popped out and started following me around, as if i had equipped the item, only i could spawn multiple and i didn't get the buff.

Nope the fox popped out and started following me around, as if i had equipped the item, only i could spawn multiple and i didn't get the buff.

Okay, so it "used" the summon item somehow and made a follower projectile. No idea why or how that would happen, but I'll do some testing and see if I get the same result.

Edit: Can confirm the same result. Using Rocket III's (not the other types) spawns a Fennekin. Works the same with Infinity's rockets or the vanilla ones, so I don't think Infinity is causing it.

Edit 2: Also, only Rocket I works correctly. II spits out a "barb" from the stardust whip, IV shoots nothing. I must have screwed up something in the ammo use/projectile type.

Edit 3: Without the Pokemon mod, Rocket III's shoot nothing. I think there's something going on with the projectile ID where it's incrementing somehow.

Edit 4: I might have fixed it by overriding the Shoot method for the mortar. I think it had something to do with the way vanilla Terraria deals with the multiple rocket/grenade types.

Last edited:
i love the simple way this mod works but there are some balances thats just out of hand

the wood chest just gives way to much

from what i se its 10-40 of the 7 types of wood in easy mode (not yet got to hardmode)

i got 20 of the wood chests they are really easy to make i get mostly 500 of all wood types a day

making all of them into dynasty wood then into money (with CosmeticVarity i get 40 copper a piece)

with 25000 dynasty wood and CosmeticVarity i get 1 platinum coin (crap load of crafting full night)

for just 16 silver coins a chest and 100 dirt u get one wood making chest (need dryad and merchant)

i love the simple way this mod works but there are some balances thats just out of hand

the wood chest just gives way to much

from what i se its 10-40 of the 7 types of wood in easy mode (not yet got to hardmode)

i got 20 of the wood chests they are really easy to make i get mostly 500 of all wood types a day

making all of them into dynasty wood then into money (with CosmeticVarity i get 40 copper a piece)

with 25000 dynasty wood and CosmeticVarity i get 1 platinum coin (crap load of crafting full night)

for just 16 silver coins a chest and 100 dirt u get one wood making chest (need dryad and merchant)

Huh, I hadn't considered that. I may have to make them harder to craft then, and possibly reduce the output. I can probably do away with the multiple types since I added in conversion recipes anyway.

Edit: Just updated the mod to fix that and some other balance stuff. Wood chest now requires silver/tungsten axe (so it can't be purchased). Also, crafting dynasty wood requires 50 copper coins now.

Last edited:
Huh, I hadn't considered that. I may have to make them harder to craft then, and possibly reduce the output. I can probably do away with the multiple types since I added in conversion recipes anyway.

well u forgot the normal wood type for crafting

can make all the others just not normal wood

dynasty wood may need to be 2 wood for 1 as they got money direct on them (dont have to)

Would it be possible to add an auto chest that makes crates? It would greatly speed up the wait for crates to go into hardmode and get ores quickly.

Would it be possible to add an auto chest that makes crates? It would greatly speed up the wait for crates to go into hardmode and get ores quickly.

Theoretically that would go with the fishing auto chest. However, I'm not finding a straightforward way to invoke the vanilla fishing code from the chest, so I may have to hardcode everything and I haven't had a lot of time to work on that. So for now, no, but eventually crates should be part of the fishing chest's functionality.

Theoretically that would go with the fishing auto chest. However, I'm not finding a straightforward way to invoke the vanilla fishing code from the chest, so I may have to hardcode everything and I haven't had a lot of time to work on that. So for now, no, but eventually crates should be part of the fishing chest's functionality.
You could just make one that makes the generic ones, that would be fine for a start.

You could just make one that makes the generic ones, that would be fine for a start.

Maybe, just the basic fish and crates you mean? I guess I could also add in conversion recipes for more exotic fish (ex. 3 Bass = 1 Armored Cavefish). I can get something like that working at least, maybe in a couple days.

Maybe, just the basic fish and crates you mean? I guess I could also add in conversion recipes for more exotic fish (ex. 3 Bass = 1 Armored Cavefish). I can get something like that working at least, maybe in a couple days.
Or even just a seperate one for crates.

Will you improve Stone Entity Resource Extractor for more rare resourses (for example, Depth meter from Bat statue)?
Maybe they can spawn with some chance, like (standart drop percent*3+sdp*count of statues).
What do you think about this and is it possible to add in mod?

Will you improve Stone Entity Resource Extractor for more rare resourses (for example, Depth meter from Bat statue)?
Maybe they can spawn with some chance, like (standart drop percent*3+sdp*count of statues).
What do you think about this and is it possible to add in mod?

It's possible, would require restructuring the code somewhat. But the mod's intent is to help you get common resources, not necessarily all of them. I don't think the chests should include items you only need 1 or 2 of throughout the entire game. Most of the rare drops you end up selling anyway, and there's already a money-making chest, so that would be redundant. Although the idea of getting more resources with more statues in the chest is a good idea, I might implement that in a limited fashion.

Back
Top Bottom