tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.4%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,453 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,588 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Waiting on update for calamity for Tmodloader 0.9.2.1 Mod currently doesnt work with latest tmodloader version

Edit: 0.9.2.1 not 0.9.2

I have been with this mod since day one, I already know the DoG is post-ML, I just wanted tips on how to deal that stupid debuff (with distorted it's an absolute nightmare)

The deal with Devourer of Gods is he's absolutely impossible to fight fairly. Don't even try, run far, run fast, only focus on doing damage when he's falling to earth from high up.

It helps a lot to know that any area off your screen counts as blocks for him to dig through. In other words, if you can't see him at this exact moment, he's "flying." You can use this to your advantage by leading him up in the air, and then keeping him onscreen as you, and him, fall down. Leaves him totally vulnerable to a pummelling. Just fish for this and run like hell at all other times.

Having a weird issue. Trying to fight the profaned Guardians and God in the underworld on a multiplayer server. As soon as one of us dies, the boss despawns. Given that fighting the God requires fighting the guardians first, having the boss just randomly despawn in the battle was an absolute fun-killer. Figure it's probably something to do with the new version of Tmod. Any ideas?

Mountain, i aint been playing this mod long but i wish to give my Praise to ya for this mod. its bloody brilliant.

one thing i find with many mods so far is they add a ton of new armours, ores and what not... but they fail to add content to use it on. this mod however, has exactly what im looking for. actual content, bosses worthy of takeing on that are tough, with uniqe attacks and such. i do hope you intend to add more enemys at some point, but for the time being, i can deffinatly understand the focus being on the bosses.

i also quite enjoy the fact you take the time to give alot of the bosses backstorys, realy helps set the tone for the mod, as well as for the world in general. always been a fan of world building.

i shall continue to watch this mod grow eagerly, and i hope the drama on the forums does not dis-sway you too much.

Curious with the magic healing from both the Mana Overloader (stupidly OP accessory by the way, thought I would point that out. Made all of early hardmode a breeze), and the Ataxia armour set is the same as for example the Spectre hood and Last Prism fully charged, where it doesn't heal you once you start getting to certain numbers of hits on enemies/different weapons. Because using the Ancient Seal from Fargo's mod (summons all bosses), after a while I don't seem to be getting healed (Moon Lord isn't summoned in).

EDIT: Weapons include stuff like Alpha Ray.

Last edited:
Yeah, I did that for a reason. People like to abuse the magic mirror for some reason when most of these bosses do not require such tactics to defeat them. They're not really that hard, just stay inside their respective biomes/ranges and it's very unlikely that they'll leave while off screen.
That makes sense. However some of them, especially post-Moon Lord ones, might require keeping proper distance. But this should be tested.

Great mod, like the content, my real complaint is how much easier it is to constantly have bosses despawn, than it is to grind the materials it takes to create the spawn items. I'd really like to face Cryogen, but he despawns almost the instant it leaves the screen. Driving me nuts!

I've had Cryogen despawn several times before I even see him, I need to keep an eye on the map, and immediately sprint towards him as soon as he spawns. I've had him just poof 6+ times before I even see him. Is that intended? It really seems like it wouldn't be

I've had Cryogen despawn several times before I even see him, I need to keep an eye on the map, and immediately sprint towards him as soon as he spawns. I've had him just poof 6+ times before I even see him. Is that intended? It really seems like it wouldn't be

How long does it take you to sprint towards him? If i am correct(correct me if im wrong aberusol) Cryogen has about a 5 or 10s delay before he despawns if he isnt onscreen. So im a bit confused how he despawns for you that easily.

Part is my own fault, doing a challenge. Reverse grav, challenge map. Landscape is brutal. Trying to create arenas and such, and I've been having a really hard time with the Calamity bosses just poofing on me. Really frustrating. I understand part of it is my own fault for the challenges, but still... Very frustrating, when I have to spend the time to farm up the items for a boss summon, just to have it continuously not even show up because of despawn mechanics. I guess, I'll have to pick less brutal challenges for this mod, so I at least have a chance to fight the bosses, lol
[doublepost=1489456586,1489456350][/doublepost]I will say, that the despawns seem overkill. Maybe not the distance before they happen, but WHERE the bosses spawn. Maybe some kind of timer from the get go, to give 30 or so seconds? My landscapse is NASTY, and probably why I've had these issues

I get that it may be a lot of my own fault, maybe something like a nasty debuff, or something to block mirror use? I don't mind not using a mirror at all, but being confined to such a small area for most of the fight is a bit much, just because of despawn. I wouldn't mind any debuff, just at least make the boss stick around to kill me, and not just vanish

Back
Top Bottom