Daimera's Content Tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.
The things that come to mind at work:

The Martian Madness event can’t be concurrent to the cultists and Tablet being on the map right now, so my friend and I went to kill the cultists but lost intentionally to the Lunatic (we don’t want to start The End without our third member present) so that we could start the Martian event.

While dodging about for several minutes to get to know the Lunatic mechanics, I really felt like most of his sound bank wasn’t necessarily evil-sounding…. It actually sounded… kind of sad. Like pain and profound regret.

The cultists also don’t attack you unless you attack first.

So, headcanon time: the cultists aren’t there to summon the Moon Lord. They’re trying to hold it back. When you kill them, their ward weakens and the high cultist needs to step in to intervene, but it’s too late. In an effort to stop the inevitable, he absorbs the power of the tablet in hopes of keeping it in check, but it’s too strong.

So he goes insane and attacks you out of a combination of fury and madness, and killing him releases the power he tried to seal.

hm1RUpn.png

It's a heavy burden to bear... isn't it?
This is good stuff. A great story and a great image. I love it.

3fKYB4E.png

Life has a way of... surprising you.

When I joined the RockClaw guild, I expected your basic lucrative, dishonest work. Go to alien planets off the records, kick out their standing population, exploit them of their natural resources, leave withered husks in our wake, get rich, die comfortably.

I never once dreamed that I would be chewed up and spat out by a giant undead alien carcass, that I would survive, that I would claw my way up the food-chain of a nonsensical world alongside equally crazy survivors. Never thought it possible that I would ever be the type to come to rely on something so nebulous as magic.

And most of all, I never, ever, ever even entertained the very thought that I would find myself assisting in the slaying of an ancient alien god. Using RAINBOWS.

Life is weird.

----------------------------------------------

Arbeh and co. have completed the game. What they will do with their newfound power, though... perhaps it's best to not think about it.

Oooo, that looks awesome! If that is a rough sketch, than I can't wait to see the finished product!
Missed this due to inactivity during that time, haha. I don't think it'll be finished, it was intended to be just a rough reference for someone else. Sorry. :c
Holy :red:, why are you and your OCs so much cooler than anything I come up with?
Years and YEARS of roleplaying with friends and having about 265+ other characters helps, hahahaha.

Really, though, like anything else, it just involves doing it a ton until you find what works the best. For every decent character I've made, there's prolly like 30 crap ones hiding around my headworld and various fanfic continuities. And even then, that's all relative and subjective. Different strokes for different folks and all that jazz.

Oh, that's quite alright! Both inactivity and the sketch, I am a 15 year old with not much to do and you're an adult. I should probably just keep gaining experience and reading like it seems you've done, experience always helps.

3fKYB4E.png

Life has a way of... surprising you.

When I joined the RockClaw guild, I expected your basic lucrative, dishonest work. Go to alien planets off the records, kick out their standing population, exploit them of their natural resources, leave withered husks in our wake, get rich, die comfortably.

I never once dreamed that I would be chewed up and spat out by a giant undead alien carcass, that I would survive, that I would claw my way up the food-chain of a nonsensical world alongside equally crazy survivors. Never thought it possible that I would ever be the type to come to rely on something so nebulous as magic.

And most of all, I never, ever, ever even entertained the very thought that I would find myself assisting in the slaying of an ancient alien god. Using RAINBOWS.

Life is weird.

----------------------------------------------

Arbeh and co. have completed the game. What they will do with their newfound power, though... perhaps it's best to not think about it.
Lolz. I love the last prisim! RAINBOW MEGA LASER ATTAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!

I just had a nostalgic journey back to TO, and it's awesome to see how you've improved. Though you were always a great artist since I first interacted with you, there are subtle improvements that are noticable comparing then and now... and wow. Don't ever quit. I mean, who am I to tell you what to do, but you've got some serious talent that's only growing.

That spider furniture needs to be a thing, so many recluses will fall if something like that came to be. (biggest guess it would be crafted with their fangs, something to do with them once you got enough for spider armor and venom staff)

Wow. I've seen some pretty good art for Terraria, but you do more than just be among the best. You give your pictures ideas, backstories, characters, and connections between not only themselves them but the rest of Terraria too. And it all fits together! I love this! Keep doing your amazing pictures!

Last edited:
The things that come to mind at work:

The Martian Madness event can’t be concurrent to the cultists and Tablet being on the map right now, so my friend and I went to kill the cultists but lost intentionally to the Lunatic (we don’t want to start The End without our third member present) so that we could start the Martian event.

While dodging about for several minutes to get to know the Lunatic mechanics, I really felt like most of his sound bank wasn’t necessarily evil-sounding…. It actually sounded… kind of sad. Like pain and profound regret.

The cultists also don’t attack you unless you attack first.

So, headcanon time: the cultists aren’t there to summon the Moon Lord. They’re trying to hold it back. When you kill them, their ward weakens and the high cultist needs to step in to intervene, but it’s too late. In an effort to stop the inevitable, he absorbs the power of the tablet in hopes of keeping it in check, but it’s too strong.

So he goes insane and attacks you out of a combination of fury and madness, and killing him releases the power he tried to seal.

hm1RUpn.png

It's a heavy burden to bear... isn't it?
Dangit. Why do you gotta make me feel bad about having a headcanon in direct opposition to yours?`:(

Dangit. Why do you gotta make me feel bad about having a headcanon in direct opposition to yours?`:(
One of the nicest things about open-ended settings like this; it doesn't matter if your headcanon doesn't agree with someone else's. Everyone's allowed to have their own takes on it. Each installation is the owner's own little world, to populate and lore-build as they please!

Sorry I've been quiet, but things have been... distracting, to say the least. I haven't had much to contribute. This is pretty much the last thing I did.

8ZmO8UE.png

I'm not terribly happy with it. There are a lot of circumstances at play, and while I'm not saying it's bad, I just haven't really been feeling it lately.

This is the last pic I'll be submitting here.

After thinking long and hard about it, I've decided to make an official departure notice.

I nearly made it to TCF's Anniversary, and I'd been at the old Terraria Online for at least three years before the move. I can easily say that this has been the single longest run I've ever had with any forum community, and it was a good one.

Unfortunately, I just don't think I can continue with it. It just doesn't feel like the community I started in, and I'm not sure whether that has to do with a gradual changing of the prevailing attitudes about, or if it's simply due to my increasing hermitdom. I admit, I'd become significantly less friendly over time, largely due to a certain incident on TO not long before the transfer.

It's not to say I harbor any ill will towards anyone as I leave (with the possible exception of a very small handful of people who'd gone well out of their way to antagonize me over the years, most of whom aren't even around anymore), I just feel like I've got too many other things to worry about and juggle. During my recent hiatus, I felt like the slack and flexibility granted me by not having one foot in the forum constantly felt refreshing, and I think I just need more of that in my life as I head into my second year of living on my own.

I'm not sure how much longer I'll be contributing to Terraria as a fandom as a whole, entirely dependent on how future updates pan out, and how Otherworld and the eventual sequel will shake things up, but until I drop out entirely, you can find my occasional contribution over at Slushblock on Tumblr.

Take care, Terrarians. Keep on adventuring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom