Destroy the Godmodder: Last Stand

"What energy creature? The first hit on Minus was scored by... uh... well, what do you know. Thank you."

Persons of Interest:
PoI-001 "Subtracter":
Name: Minus (likely a false name)
PoI-002 "Distractor":
Name: JoeBOB
PoI-003 [CODENAME PENDING]:
Name: Winkins?
PoI-004 "Clockwork":
Name: Doctor Charles Ogden Gears
PoI-005 "Dragon":
Name: Ender_Smirk?
PoI-006 "Orb":
Name: O.R.I.G.I.N.?

Assets of Interest:
AoI-001 "Lazarus":
Name: Cloning Pod
AoI-002 "Geode":
Name: Crystal Array
AoI-003 "Fortification":
Name: Stone Palisade (formerly Tree Palisade)
AoI-004 "Outclasser":
Name: Class Facility

Humans:
200 Civilians
25 Engineers
25 Builders

/null

So... he jumps directly into the additional spells I created using the array as a focus instead?
[1] I point out that Minus jumped directly into an energy beam. It wasn't the array's action, but me surging additional energy into the crystal formation ahead of time, you see. Given there's been additional time before he realized this, I convert part of the energy into a energy-draining effect, slowing Minus's movements until it's removed. Said drain-effect feeds on the energy it drains to remain a drain effect.
[1]The Thorns of the Palisade begin to expand into the ground. With their stronger attachement to it, shockwaves are no longer an option, and structural stability has increased somewhat. Not only that, but the thorns are expanding outwards... They still leave plenty of room for manoeuvres, but eventually...
4/30 Dara > > > > > > > > 6/30
4/20 We Live in a society > 6/20
4/6 Basic Fortifications > > 6/6
Basic Fortifications.
A Fence Post pops out of the ground outside the Palisade. Then another one. Then another.
Soon, the entire circle around the Palisade has fence posts, but no wood connecting them. a moment later, a big pile of wooden planks appears. Use created for Builder humans: Make This Fence Biggr; humans can now spend actions to increase fence health, defending the pod, facility, and palisade. If the fence is intact, this does not put them in danger.
new: 1/10 where's the food?

Conveniently, the crystal array fired just after the jump, so it missed.
You don’t manage to upgrade it, but you do manage to restore 150 HP.
Fence added. Builders work at 50% efficiency when increasing the max health.

Doctor Gears re-assesses the situation. Three ally Type Greens, one enemy Type Green, one allied unit, two hundred and fifty civilians/personnel in need of protection, one layer of protection in need of healing, one machine in need of protection, and one machine in need of protection and healing.

[2] The palisade grows taller, new rock forcing itself up from the ground to take the place of that knocked off by the shockwave.

A 50% chance of failure is not a good thing, even if it is indiscriminate. Doctor Gears decides to continue healing the palisade until the fog is gone or the situation changes.

6/10 Encasement
6/20 Population Explosion
6/30 Scranton Reality Anchor

Doctor Gears makes two slight additions to the Dossier.

Persons of Interest:
PoI-001 "Subtracter":
PoI-002 "Distractor":
PoI-004 "Clockwork":
PoI-005 "Dragon":

Assets of Interest:
AoI-001 "Lazarus":
AoI-002 "Geode":
AoI-003 "Fortification":
AoI-004 "Outclasser":

Humans:
200 Civilians
25 Engineers
25 Builders

Does that dossier have a mechanical purpose? Just wondering.
You heal 200 HP.

6/12 Colored Ranger Red!
6/12 Colored Ranger Yellow!
6/12 Colored Ranger Green!
(Action 1)
Seeing JOE taking advantage of the Builder already, I decided to occupy the Engineer in a project as well. I swiftly create a work site and start creating MECHAS! In fact! I create three colored mechs, Red, Yellow, and Green exactly!

Due to my expertise being in building and not much in placing the more delicate details I only made the Mecha Frames. Which comes with the next step, I call up the Engineers and had them to help with the wiring and coding of the mechas.

(Action 2)
As a test see if I can summon entities, I create a magical circle and start gathering materials to place in it. I grab a mannequin along with some chain armor and a fencing blade and start chanting once i placed them on the circle.

The Circle start glowing and in a flash of light, the items that I gather disappeared to reveal that in stead was a homunculus with the dueling gear I gave them. With no better idea how to name it as It had no mind of its own, I simply called it a Duelist, gave it some dueling experience and send it out to distract Minus briefly.

This is out of their area of expertise. They help a little [+1 if your charges are related to those], but they aren’t capable of doing more than that.

Action 1: A low, electrical hum emanates from somewhere. The sound seems happy or celebratory. It seems the being is celebrating his success. However, the humming stops and the being reforms. It looks at its arm. It's featureless face portrays deep thought. It shifts it around, examining it. Finally, he takes action and it change. It turns into a flat, angled shape. It moves its arm like it's throwing something and its arm segment flies off. It spins through the air and flies at Minus. However, instead of hitting, Minus, it flies past. Its trajectory then shifts and it goes around Minus. Finally, it comes back to the energy being. However, just before the arm would return to the being, the being leaps out of the way. The electricity within the boomerang starts to change the arm's trajectory again, being magnetically pulled back to the being. The being runs in a sort of serpentine path. The boomerang gives chase, even catching up. The being slows his run, and the boomerang starts orbiting it. Now, the being is at a full stop and the arm is slowly closing in on the being, faster and faster as its magnetic pull takes it closer. The arm is behind the being of energy and about to reattach when the being moves again. It leaps up into the air and the boomerang follows. However, instead of orbiting around the being's y-axis, the magnetic pull seems to stop. The arm flies straight and true, slamming into Minus with all of its momentum. Finally, the arm returns, making the being whole again.
Action 2: The energy being sees that its fog is too dense. It knows that it cannot remove the fog, because then the Cloning Pod would be more vulnerable. It presses its hands together. It pulls them apart from each other. As it does this, a sphere grows in the space between. Once it is fully grown, the being zaps over to above the Cloning Pod. It takes the orb and sets it down in mid-air. The ball just sits there, releasing light into the fog. This makes it so that people can see the Pod Base when inside of the fog, but also makes it easier to see into the pod from outside.
6/10 Override
6/20 Protector
6/30 The Living

As this attack is essentially just you throwing a boomerang at Minus, he dodges it easily.
Obfuscating Fog now has a 25% block chance.

The dragonman looks over the dossier quickly. He comments, "What about the energy creature floating around? It scored the first hit on Minus, after all."
Having noted this to Gears, the dragonman begins flying towards Minus. No backup this time. He is going to do this himself. He pulls from out of thin air a blade, engraved with draconic symbols, bathed in a green flame. He rushes at Minus, wielding his new weapon. His first strike is a simple slash,, which he follows up with a stab. Minus uses his characteristic jump away from danger technique to avoid this, but the dragonman follows his attempt to dodge, keeping the heat on him with many slashes and stabs. As he does this, he begins to hold his other hand back, and the claws on that hand begin to gradually extend. As soon as Minus takes a second to try to dodge, that clawed hand darts out, grabbing onto him. With claws biting into him, Minus tries to escape the dragonman's grip, but the dragonman just slashes away at Minus with his other hand. Minus then manages to kick the dragon man away, but not without any effect to himself.
The dragon man then walks over to the palisade, and stabs his blade down in front of it. A wall of green fire appears in front of the barrier, adding another layer of protection.
6/10 A technological marvel
6/10 An incredible genome
6/10 A touch of magic

Minus digs into the ground instead of jumping.
You realize that your second action would set the trees on fire sooner or later and decide not to do it.

Entity Turn

The Crystal Array shoots at the ground.
Engineers repair the Palisade.
The fence is improved.
100 humans are made, and 50 class.
Minus pops out of the ground and throws a bomb, killing 10 engineers and 40 civilians.

Condition: Obfuscating Fog (Anything targeted at the Cloning Pod has a 25% chance to fail.) 2 turns left.
Players:
JoeBOB [AG] HP: 20/20
Winkins [AG] HP: 20/20
The_Two_Eternities [AG] HP: 20/20
Ender_Smirk [AG] HP: 20/20
O.R.I.G.I.N. [AG] HP: 20/20
Humans:
Unclassed: 260
Engineer: 40
Builder: 50

Entities:
Crystal Array [AG] HP: 800/800
Stone Palisade [AG] HP: 1,550/1,500 (Reinforcement, Thorny)
Fence [AG] HP: 512/512
Cloning Pod [M] HP: 29,750/30,000
Class Facility [M] HP: 15,000/15,000
Minus [GM] HP: 99/100

Last edited:
6/30 Dara > > > > > > > > 8/30
6/20 We Live in a society > 8/20
1/10 where's the food? > > 3/10
Conveniently, the crystal array fired just after the jump, so it missed.
[1] Look,if the Array fires at him from behind, and his jump is "backwards", then even if the Array fires later, which doesn't really make sense since i wasn't talking about the array action but rather an additional affect of my standard one, then he hasn't Dodged the array. his movement would only place him directly in the path of a beam from behind. In order for the array to miss, it would need to either be unable to aim the right way to begin with, or he would need to have messed with it. neither really makes sense.
As such, I manipulate the still-festering blob of magical energy-drain and laser into stealing life force in greater count. If it hit, i might as well keep adding to it as long as Minus refuses to acknowledge or react to it.

[1] I grant the fence the mystical, nay, nigh-legendary ability to keep things from entering it from underground.
This occurs by way of a magical mirror at the base of the fence, which magically mirrors the fence's structure just as far underground as it goes above. Thus, it is no easier to go at the fence from below then it is to go at it by jumping.

Doctor Gears decides to assess the situation in terms of priorities rather than in terms of combatants... and there's honestly not a lot to do. Since it takes a significant investment of time to affect a Machine measurably, Doctor Gears decides simply to increase the protection of the machines.

[2] The foundation of the Palisade grows stronger and new structural supports are added, increasing the maximum health of the Palisade.

8/10 Encasement
8/20 Population Explosion
8/30 Scranton Reality Anchor

The first preparatory action is almost complete.

Persons of Interest:
PoI-001 "Subtracter":
PoI-002 "Distractor":
PoI-004 "Clockwork":
PoI-005 "Dragon":
PoI-006 "Orb":

Assets of Interest:
AoI-001 "Lazarus":
AoI-002 "Geode":
AoI-003 "Fortification":
AoI-004 "Outclasser":
AoI-005: "Fencer":
Name: Fence

Humans:
260 Civilians
40 Engineers
50 Builders

Action 1: The energy being holds up its hand. It keeps is fingers spread apart, pointing each finger in a different direction. It then vibrates its fingers, causing them to change their angles of attack. As it does this, tendrils of lightning leap out of its fingers. Their current trajectory sets them at five points surrounding Minus. It then starts flicking its fingers around, causing electricity to lash out at Minus. However, this may seem a bit repetitive, allowing Minus to dodge the same way he did the first time or just block it. But then, as Minus makes his decision and ultimately dodges down or blocks, the being flies forwards at Minus. In the blink of an eye, the being is on the ground under (or in front of if he's on the ground). He launches up with his free hand clenched in a fist, aimed straight at Minus. It flies up into the sky in an enormous uppercut, slamming Minus in his presumed jaw. Upon completion, the being zaps away, somehow holding a mischievous smile.
Action 2: The being returns and seems contemplative yet again. Its form shifts freely as it rests. Finally, the being stands up. Its unnatural eyes blink and then change. The energetic yellow that had once formed its entirety is now contrasted to its deep purple eyes. Suddenly, the infection seems to spread. The being takes on a full purple color. Its form changes with it, transforming from the visible lines and corners that it once possessed to bumps and curves. The general shape is still that of a human, but it is now impossible to tell that it is the same being it was in its first form. With this strange new shift, it rushes forwards. This time, the quick bolts of lightning once seen as it moved are replaced by a rolling smog of undeniable foreboding. The creature reaches Minus, and Minus is prepared. He had most likely watched the whole transformation and knew of its approach. The monster lets out a slow moving slam that Minus confidently avoids. However, as the arm is at the angle of its arc at which it points at Minus, it has shifted. What was a malformed hand is now some sort of barrel. It recoils back and then burps out a toxic sludge. Upon contact with Minus, the sludge eats away at his skin. As this happens, the creature itself turns into a murky puddle and falls onto the solid ground below.
8/10 Override
8/20 Protector
8/30 The Living

The dragonman did in fact make the flame, and notes to the voice that this flame is contact only, and only spreads at his will. Why else would he wield a blade coated in the stuff? He may have been born/reborn today, but he isn't an idiot.
The dragonman floats above the battlefield, and then he slashes at Minus, making a wave of flame blast out at him. This would be avoided quite easily. But then minus notices something. The dragonman didn't preform one slash. He preformed many, MANY slashes. Some are above, others to the left, still others to the right, more behind, a large supply suddenly become visible in the front. Minus tries his new signature of digging away from an attack, but the dragonman had turned intangible and slashed from under ground as well. All within less than the time it takes to blink. The slashes all rush inwards, homing in on Minus.
The dragonman then looks at the class facility, and attempts to add a soldier option to it, simply to slightly enhance effectivity.
8/10 A technological marvel
8/10 An incredible genome
8/10 A touch of magic

(Well, I was trying to get them a special ability to go to Mecha (Like dem P*wer R*ngers) when they all are defeated, I may have to up their charge time though.)

8/12 Colored Ranger Red!
8/12 Colored Ranger Yellow!
8/12 Colored Ranger Green!
(Action 1)
Scratching my head about the engineer's incapability to help me, as I was sure I included knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering... Atleast they put the Civil Engineering knowledge to use...

With a sigh, I quickly look through the main data frames of Class Facility, I decided to go through the course and work on the Colored Mechas as practical experience. This includes the coding and wiring that "Engineers" are supposed to know (Shoots a pointed glare at the "Engineers")

(Action 2)
Noticing the hole in the ground and Minus being inside the palisade's perimeter, I quickly tip toed up behind Minus and grappled him from behind. With a quick spin to gather momentum, I toss him through the open gates of the formerly tree palisade and as to get him out and not injure and kill the civilians.

With him out, I set to closing the tunnel he dug his way in by pulling a device out that controlled the tree aspect of the former tree palisade and meddled with it. After I finished playing around with the gadget, the ground surrounding the Stone Palisade trembled as the now stone roots just dig even deeper which blocks enemies from tunneling under the palisade. (Stone palisade gains Deep Rooted, prevent entry under the palisade.)

Looks like I missed something last update. The duelist has been added.

6/30 Dara > > > > > > > > 8/30
6/20 We Live in a society > 8/20
1/10 where's the food? > > 3/10

[1] Look,if the Array fires at him from behind, and his jump is "backwards", then even if the Array fires later, which doesn't really make sense since i wasn't talking about the array action but rather an additional affect of my standard one, then he hasn't Dodged the array. his movement would only place him directly in the path of a beam from behind. In order for the array to miss, it would need to either be unable to aim the right way to begin with, or he would need to have messed with it. neither really makes sense.
As such, I manipulate the still-festering blob of magical energy-drain and laser into stealing life force in greater count. If it hit, i might as well keep adding to it as long as Minus refuses to acknowledge or react to it.

[1] I grant the fence the mystical, nay, nigh-legendary ability to keep things from entering it from underground.
This occurs by way of a magical mirror at the base of the fence, which magically mirrors the fence's structure just as far underground as it goes above. Thus, it is no easier to go at the fence from below then it is to go at it by jumping.

The sheer annoyance of this argument deals 1 damage.
Okay.

Doctor Gears decides to assess the situation in terms of priorities rather than in terms of combatants... and there's honestly not a lot to do. Since it takes a significant investment of time to affect a Machine measurably, Doctor Gears decides simply to increase the protection of the machines.

[2] The foundation of the Palisade grows stronger and new structural supports are added, increasing the maximum health of the Palisade.

8/10 Encasement
8/20 Population Explosion
8/30 Scranton Reality Anchor

The first preparatory action is almost complete.

Persons of Interest:
PoI-001 "Subtracter":
PoI-002 "Distractor":
PoI-004 "Clockwork":
PoI-005 "Dragon":
PoI-006 "Orb":

Assets of Interest:
AoI-001 "Lazarus":
AoI-002 "Geode":
AoI-003 "Fortification":
AoI-004 "Outclasser":

Humans:
260 Civilians
40 Engineers
50 Builders

Maximum health increased (but the Palisade is not healed).

Action 1: The energy being holds up its hand. It keeps is fingers spread apart, pointing each finger in a different direction. It then vibrates its fingers, causing them to change their angles of attack. As it does this, tendrils of lightning leap out of its fingers. Their current trajectory sets them at five points surrounding Minus. It then starts flicking its fingers around, causing electricity to lash out at Minus. However, this may seem a bit repetitive, allowing Minus to dodge the same way he did the first time or just block it. But then, as Minus makes his decision and ultimately dodges down or blocks, the being flies forwards at Minus. In the blink of an eye, the being is on the ground under (or in front of if he's on the ground). He launches up with his free hand clenched in a fist, aimed straight at Minus. It flies up into the sky in an enormous uppercut, slamming Minus in his presumed jaw. Upon completion, the being zaps away, somehow holding a mischievous smile.
Action 2: The being returns and seems contemplative yet again. Its form shifts freely as it rests. Finally, the being stands up. Its unnatural eyes blink and then change. The energetic yellow that had once formed its entirety is now contrasted to its deep purple eyes. Suddenly, the infection seems to spread. The being takes on a full purple color. Its form changes with it, transforming from the visible lines and corners that it once possessed to bumps and curves. The general shape is still that of a human, but it is now impossible to tell that it is the same being it was in its first form. With this strange new shift, it rushes forwards. This time, the quick bolts of lightning once seen as it moved are replaced by a rolling smog of undeniable foreboding. The creature reaches Minus, and Minus is prepared. He had most likely watched the whole transformation and knew of its approach. The monster lets out a slow moving slam that Minus confidently avoids. However, as the arm is at the angle of its arc at which it points at Minus, it has shifted. What was a malformed hand is now some sort of barrel. It recoils back and then burps out a toxic sludge. Upon contact with Minus, the sludge eats away at his skin. As this happens, the creature itself turns into a murky puddle and falls onto the solid ground below.
8/10 Override
8/20 Protector
8/30 The Living

Minus avoids both attacks by digging underground. Geez, this is blocking a lot of attacks...

The dragonman did in fact make the flame, and notes to the voice that this flame is contact only, and only spreads at his will. Why else would he wield a blade coated in the stuff? He may have been born/reborn today, but he isn't an idiot.
The dragonman floats above the battlefield, and then he slashes at Minus, making a wave of flame blast out at him. This would be avoided quite easily. But then minus notices something. The dragonman didn't preform one slash. He preformed many, MANY slashes. Some are above, others to the left, still others to the right, more behind, a large supply suddenly become visible in the front. Minus tries his new signature of digging away from an attack, but the dragonman had turned intangible and slashed from under ground as well. All within less than the time it takes to blink. The slashes all rush inwards, homing in on Minus.
The dragonman then looks at the class facility, and attempts to add a soldier option to it, simply to slightly enhance effectivity.
8/10 A technological marvel
8/10 An incredible genome
8/10 A touch of magic

Alright, just making sure that you don’t do anything stupid. Palisade is now Flame-Guarded.
1 damage!
The machine’s design eludes you, as you didn’t charge it! (You could have the unclassed humans fight, but it probably would be unimpressive.)

(Well, I was trying to get them a special ability to go to Mecha (Like dem P*wer R*ngers) when they all are defeated, I may have to up their charge time though.)

8/12 Colored Ranger Red!
8/12 Colored Ranger Yellow!
8/12 Colored Ranger Green!
(Action 1)
Scratching my head about the engineer's incapability to help me, as I was sure I included knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering... Atleast they put the Civil Engineering knowledge to use...

With a sigh, I quickly look through the main data frames of Class Facility, I decided to go through the course and work on the Colored Mechas as practical experience. This includes the coding and wiring that "Engineers" are supposed to know (Shoots a pointed glare at the "Engineers")

(Action 2)
Noticing the hole in the ground and Minus being inside the palisade's perimeter, I quickly tip toed up behind Minus and grappled him from behind. With a quick spin to gather momentum, I toss him through the open gates of the formerly tree palisade and as to get him out and not injure and kill the civilians.

With him out, I set to closing the tunnel he dug his way in by pulling a device out that controlled the tree aspect of the former tree palisade and meddled with it. After I finished playing around with the gadget, the ground surrounding the Stone Palisade trembled as the now stone roots just dig even deeper which blocks enemies from tunneling under the palisade. (Stone palisade gains Deep Rooted, prevent entry under the palisade.)

Technical limitations, mostly. You can’t win every battle. Anyways, you now have a trio of mostly functional, manually operated exosuits. Do you want me to add them as entities?
Palisade is now Below.

Entity Turn

The Duelist attempts to fight Minus, but is easily thrown into a random tree.
The Crystal Array fires with little effect.
Engineers repair the palisade, and the fence is built up.
Minus, realizing that he’s having trouble handling all of this alone, summons the Machine Gun Turret!

Condition: Obfuscating Fog (Anything targeted at the Cloning Pod has a 25% chance to fail.) 1 turn left.
Players:
The_Two_Eternities [AG] HP: 20/20
Humans:
Unclassed: 360
Engineer: 65
Builder: 75

Entities:
Crystal Array [AG] HP: 800/800
Stone Palisade [AG] HP: 1,565/1,700 (Reinforcement, Thorny, Below, Flame-Guarded)
Fence [AG] HP: 549/549 (Reinforcement, Buildable, Below)
Duelist [AG] HP: 1,000/1,000
Machine Gun Turret [PG] HP: 25,000/25,000
Minus [GM] HP: 97/100

Last edited:
(Well, I'll hold it for a turn and then give the exosuits to my Rangers next turn)
10/12 Colored Ranger Red!
10/12 Colored Ranger Yellow!
10/12 Colored Ranger Green!
(Action 1)
Noticing the appearance of the Turret and how much health it had, I do the first thing that comes to mind and with an enlarged monkey wrench, bend the turret's gun barrels. Om doing so, I had messed up its ability to shoot harmful amount of firepower to our entity and take advantage of that by unscrewing the plating guarding the turret's ammunition box.

(Action 2)
Despite the fact I've not the attacked Minus yet, I find it annoying how he keeps burrowing into the ground to dodge attack. As to deter him from burrowing, I excavate the dirt around the base to such an extent, that the ground level is now just bedrock.

Doctor Gears re-assesses the situation. Priorities: Stop the Machine Gun Turret (destruction is not currently possible due to the high health). Repair the Stone Palisade. Repair the Cloning Pod (can be done when the Obfuscating Fog is gone). And... that's pretty much it.

[2] Taking advantage of PoI-003's opening strike, Doctor Gears sabotages the ammunition box of the turret. Cutting the ammunition bandolier, tying it into a knot, that sort of thing.

10/20 Population Explosion
10/30 Scranton Reality Anchor

Some preparatory actions continue...

USING: 10/10: Encasement:

The ground around the Machines and their protective walls shakes. Then, massive walls of earth and rock arise from the ground at an angle around the Machines and their protection, converging to one single point. The Machines, Stone Palisade, and Fence are now in a large cavern underneath a mountain with only one entrance/exit, making it easier to defend.
[Effects: Permanent boost to all actions protecting the Machines. That should probably be noted on the entity list.]

...while others complete.

Persons of Interest:
PoI-001 "Subtracter":
PoI-002 "Distractor":
PoI-004 "Clockwork":
PoI-005 "Dragon":
PoI-006 "Orb":

Assets of Interest:
AoI-001 "Lazarus":
AoI-002 "Geode":
AoI-003 "Fortification":
AoI-004 "Outclasser":
AoI-006: "Engager":
Name: Duelist
AoI-007: "Gunfighter":
Name: Machine Gun Turret

Humans:
360 Civilians
65 Engineers
75 Builders

For next turn: 0/20 Ironclad

8/30 Dara > > > > > > > > 10/30
8/20 We Live in a society > 10/20
3/10 where's the food? > > 5/10
[1] I charge over to the machine gun turret and get in the thingy-people-stand-in-when-controlling-a-turret, aiming it at Minus. Shots ring out, passing through stone, tree or dirt with unknown means to strike at Minus. I do this with no regard for Ammo conservation, leading to a rapid depletion of its resources.
[1]with telekinesis, I add a glimmering red gem to the crystal array. For now, it has but one effect: The Array will constantly fire at Minus, not in volleys or bursts, but throughout the round. While each individual bolt will likely be simple to dodge, This allows the bolts to distract him while he is avoiding other dangers, or acting himself.

Action 1: The sludge monster puddle slowly sops itself into the earth. It allows itself to be absorbed into the soil. It remains there, lurking around aimlessly in the dirt. Suddenly, its purpose is clear. The ground under Minus explodes as the toxic sludge flies out of the ground. It completely fills the area around Minus, trapping him within. However, the sludge doesn't bother Minus. It seems to just be some sort of polluted water. However, the sludge was never meant to attack Minus. It was always the polluted air released by the sludge creature that would hurt Minus. Because he would have been surrounded, he would use the reverse of his classic strategy, leaping up into the air before the sludge could touch him. However, gas rises as well, and the gas the pollution releases is so volatile that it causes immediate injury upon entering a being. The gas attempts any path of entrance, speeding into the victim's ears or any wound it can enter through. The sludge monster itself maintains its position upon the ground as the puddle it is.
Action 2: The sludge seems to start eating at the ground it once inhabited. As it consumes, the soil is absorbed within the monster. Finally, the monster returns to its humanoid form. It stands within the hole and opens its mouth. Poisonous liquid pours out of the creature, followed huge piles of dirt. The two substances seem to mix and churn. They then seem to come to agreement. The two substances rise up in their mixed states. It shapes itself into a blob of muddy poison. The blob starts to roll around upon the ground, prepared to attack anything. Meanwhile, on the dossier, purple writing infects the document. It writes:
Aol-009: " "
Name: Muck Monster

10/20 Protector
10/30 The Living

10/10 Override!

From the purple's rolling shape, yellow returns to the eyes. However, the rest doesn't change. A light shines from the eyes and flies at the Machine Gun Turret. The light then funnels into a solid stream. It enters into the Machine Gun Turret. The inner coding starts to rearrange itself. The turret shudders and changes. What once was a Player killing machine begins to become more tame. Its alignment shifts. Suddenly, the Machine Gun Turret feels inclined to join AG, which it does, preparing to fire at Minus. The yellow of the creature's eyes slowly shift back to purple.
0/16 Pollute

10/10 A technological marvel
10/10 An incredible genome
10/10 A touch of magic
Forgoing his usual turn action, the Dragonman instead watches the fruition of his three charges, each an important step in his current plan. First Technological Marvel fires off, filling in the frame he had set up earlier with a slightly... different, version of the cloning machine. This one has one very large pod to grow clones in, but appears to be capable of growing anything that fits in that scale. Another thing it has is a genome input point. By using a strand from one species, it will simulate normal genetic variation, and create a sample of that species to clone until the next dna sample is inputted. At this point, Incredible Genome takes effect. A sample of pure draconic DNA appears, and quickly is inputted into the machine, allowing it to start work. But an issue quickly becomes apparent. How to make souls be certain to bond with the clones, since the duplication is imperfect. At that point, the last of his charges engage. A magic circle surrounds the device, with one purpose. It scans throughout the world for souls that would be compatible with the current species. The process is imperfect, so the speed for this is less than whatever method is used in the main cloner. This machine is locked at fairly low rates, 1-2 per turn tops, unless both machine, and circle are upgraded.
The Dragonman then creates an energy barrier, and awaits the first clone.

Doctor Gears rolls his eyes, and makes a slight correction to the Dossier.

Persons of Interest:
PoI-001 "Subtracter":
PoI-002 "Distractor":
PoI-004 "Clockwork":
PoI-005 "Dragon":
PoI-006 "Orb":

Assets of Interest:
AoI-001 "Lazarus":
AoI-002 "Geode":
AoI-003 "Fortification":
AoI-004 "Outclasser":
Aol-0098: " "

Humans:
360 Civilians
65 Engineers
75 Builders

(Well, I'll hold it for a turn and then give the exosuits to my Rangers next turn)
10/12 Colored Ranger Red!
10/12 Colored Ranger Yellow!
10/12 Colored Ranger Green!
(Action 1)
Noticing the appearance of the Turret and how much health it had, I do the first thing that comes to mind and with an enlarged monkey wrench, bend the turret's gun barrels. Om doing so, I had messed up its ability to shoot harmful amount of firepower to our entity and take advantage of that by unscrewing the plating guarding the turret's ammunition box.

(Action 2)
Despite the fact I've not the attacked Minus yet, I find it annoying how he keeps burrowing into the ground to dodge attack. As to deter him from burrowing, I excavate the dirt around the base to such an extent, that the ground level is now just bedrock.

You successfully do that.
Where, exactly, are you going to put all of that dirt?

Doctor Gears re-assesses the situation. Priorities: Stop the Machine Gun Turret (destruction is not currently possible due to the high health). Repair the Stone Palisade. Repair the Cloning Pod (can be done when the Obfuscating Fog is gone). And... that's pretty much it.

[2] Taking advantage of PoI-003's opening strike, Doctor Gears sabotages the ammunition box of the turret. Cutting the ammunition bandolier, tying it into a knot, that sort of thing.

10/20 Population Explosion
10/30 Scranton Reality Anchor

Some preparatory actions continue...

USING: 10/10: Encasement:

The ground around the Machines and their protective walls shakes. Then, massive walls of earth and rock arise from the ground at an angle around the Machines and their protection, converging to one single point. The Machines, Stone Palisade, and Fence are now in a large cavern underneath a mountain with only one entrance/exit, making it easier to defend.
[Effects: Permanent boost to all actions protecting the Machines. That should probably be noted on the entity list.]

...while others complete.

Persons of Interest:
PoI-001 "Subtracter":
PoI-002 "Distractor":
PoI-004 "Clockwork":
PoI-005 "Dragon":
PoI-006 "Orb":

Assets of Interest:
AoI-001 "Lazarus":
AoI-002 "Geode":
AoI-003 "Fortification":
AoI-004 "Outclasser":

Humans:
360 Civilians
65 Engineers
75 Builders

For next turn: 0/20 Ironclad

The ammunition box explodes in your face, dealing 5 damage. What did you think would happen if you tied ammunition bandoliers in knots? There's still enough ammo left for one fire, but Minus will have to reload it.
The Terrain is now Subterranean. Although that might not help that much, given what Minus's favorite dodge tactic seems to be...

8/30 Dara > > > > > > > > 10/30
8/20 We Live in a society > 10/20
3/10 where's the food? > > 5/10
[1] I charge over to the machine gun turret and get in the thingy-people-stand-in-when-controlling-a-turret, aiming it at Minus. Shots ring out, passing through stone, tree or dirt with unknown means to strike at Minus. I do this with no regard for Ammo conservation, leading to a rapid depletion of its resources.
[1]with telekinesis, I add a glimmering red gem to the crystal array. For now, it has but one effect: The Array will constantly fire at Minus, not in volleys or bursts, but throughout the round. While each individual bolt will likely be simple to dodge, This allows the bolts to distract him while he is avoiding other dangers, or acting himself.

It's actually automated, so you only succeed in slamming yourself against a turret.
OK.

Action 1: The sludge monster puddle slowly sops itself into the earth. It allows itself to be absorbed into the soil. It remains there, lurking around aimlessly in the dirt. Suddenly, its purpose is clear. The ground under Minus explodes as the toxic sludge flies out of the ground. It completely fills the area around Minus, trapping him within. However, the sludge doesn't bother Minus. It seems to just be some sort of polluted water. However, the sludge was never meant to attack Minus. It was always the polluted air released by the sludge creature that would hurt Minus. Because he would have been surrounded, he would use the reverse of his classic strategy, leaping up into the air before the sludge could touch him. However, gas rises as well, and the gas the pollution releases is so volatile that it causes immediate injury upon entering a being. The gas attempts any path of entrance, speeding into the victim's ears or any wound it can enter through. The sludge monster itself maintains its position upon the ground as the puddle it is.
Action 2: The sludge seems to start eating at the ground it once inhabited. As it consumes, the soil is absorbed within the monster. Finally, the monster returns to its humanoid form. It stands within the hole and opens its mouth. Poisonous liquid pours out of the creature, followed huge piles of dirt. The two substances seem to mix and churn. They then seem to come to agreement. The two substances rise up in their mixed states. It shapes itself into a blob of muddy poison. The blob starts to roll around upon the ground, prepared to attack anything. Meanwhile, on the dossier, purple writing infects the document. It writes:
Aol-009: " "

10/20 Protector
10/30 The Living

10/10 Override!

From the purple's rolling shape, yellow returns to the eyes. However, the rest doesn't change. A light shines from the eyes and flies at the Machine Gun Turret. The light then funnels into a solid stream. It enters into the Machine Gun Turret. The inner coding starts to rearrange itself. The turret shudders and changes. What once was a Player killing machine begins to become more tame. Its alignment shifts. Suddenly, the Machine Gun Turret feels inclined to join AG, which it does, preparing to fire at Minus. The yellow of the creature's eyes slowly shift back to purple.
0/16 Pollute

Minus takes a deep breath of your toxic fumes and exhales them into the mountain, causing the plantlife there to die.
Uh...I'm not sure if you're doing something with your second action. Can you clarify for me?
As for the charge, that's pretty OP for a 10-charge. Not to mention that it's a machine and doesn't have a mind, so you only succeed in dealing 1,500 damage to it (reduced due to OPness penalty).

10/10 A technological marvel
10/10 An incredible genome
10/10 A touch of magic
Forgoing his usual turn action, the Dragonman instead watches the fruition of his three charges, each an important step in his current plan. First Technological Marvel fires off, filling in the frame he had set up earlier with a slightly... different, version of the cloning machine. This one has one very large pod to grow clones in, but appears to be capable of growing anything that fits in that scale. Another thing it has is a genome input point. By using a strand from one species, it will simulate normal genetic variation, and create a sample of that species to clone until the next dna sample is inputted. At this point, Incredible Genome takes effect. A sample of pure draconic DNA appears, and quickly is inputted into the machine, allowing it to start work. But an issue quickly becomes apparent. How to make souls be certain to bond with the clones, since the duplication is imperfect. At that point, the last of his charges engage. A magic circle surrounds the device, with one purpose. It scans throughout the world for souls that would be compatible with the current species. The process is imperfect, so the speed for this is less than whatever method is used in the main cloner. This machine is locked at fairly low rates, 1-2 per turn tops, unless both machine, and circle are upgraded.
The Dragonman then creates an energy barrier, and awaits the first clone.

Very clever! The Super Cloner has been created, with two components: Pod and Circle. (Components are only used for upgrades; there is still only one healthbar.) The dragons will be treated as entities.

Entity Turn
The Crystal Array fires at the turret, dealing 200 damage.
The Duelist attacks it for another 200 damage.
The Machine Gun Turret fires at the Crystal Array, dealing 250 damage.
One dragon is made.
Engineers repair the Palisade. The fence is built up.
Minus is too busy reloading to do anything.

Terrain: Subterranean (Protection actions are more effective)
Players:
The_Two_Eternities [AG] HP: 15/20
Humans:
Engineer: 90
Builder: 100

Entities:
Crystal Array [AG] HP: 650/800
Stone Palisade [AG] HP: 1,655/1,700 (Reinforcement, Thorny, Below, Flame-Guarded)
Fence [AG] HP: 599/599 (Reinforcement, Buildable, Below)
Dragon [AG] HP: 600/600 (x1)
Super Cloner [M] HP: 20,000/20,000 (Dragon)
Machine Gun Turret [PG] HP: 23,600/25,000

Oops...

Last edited:
10/30 Dara > > > > > > > > > 12/30
10/20 We Live in a society > 12/20
5/10 where's the food? > > > 7/10
[1] The Red Crystal in the array grows brighter... The Array's crystaline 'turrets' start to grow new crystals! The bits of crystallized magic are now much more numerous, and each charges up individually, allowing an increased firerated.
[1] JoeBOB charges at Minus again, waves of dust pushed aside by his feet as he leaps into the air, and... overshoots. he slams into a stalegmite on the ceiling, which starts falling towards Minus. I fall through the ground, preparing for the possibility of Minus digging, before JoeBOB jumps up from the ground and charges Minus, screaming incoherently. Then JoeBOB jumps up from the ground and charges Minus, screaming incoherently. Then JoeBOB jumps up from the ground and charges Minus, screaming incoherently. Then JoeBOB jumps up from the ground and charges Minus, screaming incoherently. Yes, that's right, it would appear JoeBOB has created temporary duplicates of himself! With 4 JoeBOBs to contend with, Minus quickly runs himself ragged, though they aren't quite enough to overwhelm him without something more creative, so this merely distracts Minus and keeps him incredibly occupied.
in the distance, a light flashes cyan... there is a crackle, a cry of pain or surprise, and then silence.

Cloned Cloner 2/20
Spirits, Come 2/20
Mount Dragon, Be the Rider 2/10
Now that his dragons will start growing, the dragonman looks around the battlefield. He sees the machine gun, and is instantly alwrmed. Machine guns and missiles are two of the better technological methods to ground a dragon fully. He therefore rushes over to the gun, and plugs all of them with corks. They somehow don't break when the gun fires.
Next, he begins speaking with the dragon in draconic, explaining the situation, and requesting that it get the others briefed on things, and keep the supercloner safe.

((Action 2 was summoning a muck monster, trying to signify it by putting it in the dossier))
Action 1: The toxic being climbs up on top of the mountain. It finds the polluted plant life and breaths in. As it does this, it expands, growing in size. The monster then begins jogging around the mountain, not being able to go much faster. As it gains its maximum velocity, it rockets off the mountain. It then reaches maximum altitude and starts to fall. It rolls up into the ball, forming a poisonous cannon ball. It hits the Machine Gun Turret as fast as gravity allows. Upon impact with the ground, its polluted form explodes outwards, spreading around everywhere.
Action 2: The toxic creature's many points all start to gain height. They wobble around as they gain height. Potential energy builds and the points of poison lean towards each other. Finally, the friction of the ground can't hold the molecules any more and they all go flying. They all align at the point nearest to all of them, which just happens to be the Machine Gun Turret. They come together near the bottom of the turret and begin eating away at the bottom of the turret, slowly rotting away at the turret's supports. Finally, the atoms reflect off of the base and reform the strange creature they all belong to.
12/20 Protector
12/30 The Living
2/16 Pollute

10/30 Dara > > > > > > > > > 12/30
10/20 We Live in a society > 12/20
5/10 where's the food? > > > 7/10
[1] The Red Crystal in the array grows brighter... The Array's crystaline 'turrets' start to grow new crystals! The bits of crystallized magic are now much more numerous, and each charges up individually, allowing an increased firerated.
[1] JoeBOB charges at Minus again, waves of dust pushed aside by his feet as he leaps into the air, and... overshoots. he slams into a stalegmite on the ceiling, which starts falling towards Minus. I fall through the ground, preparing for the possibility of Minus digging, before JoeBOB jumps up from the ground and charges Minus, screaming incoherently. Then JoeBOB jumps up from the ground and charges Minus, screaming incoherently. Then JoeBOB jumps up from the ground and charges Minus, screaming incoherently. Then JoeBOB jumps up from the ground and charges Minus, screaming incoherently. Yes, that's right, it would appear JoeBOB has created temporary duplicates of himself! With 4 JoeBOBs to contend with, Minus quickly runs himself ragged, though they aren't quite enough to overwhelm him without something more creative, so this merely distracts Minus and keeps him incredibly occupied.
in the distance, a light flashes cyan... there is a crackle, a cry of pain or surprise, and then silence.

Done.
Minus drops a grenade and jumps away, more vertically than not. Your clones scatter because none of them wants to be on the receiving end of that.

Cloned Cloner 2/20
Spirits, Come 2/20
Mount Dragon, Be the Rider 2/10
Now that his dragons will start growing, the dragonman looks around the battlefield. He sees the machine gun, and is instantly alwrmed. Machine guns and missiles are two of the better technological methods to ground a dragon fully. He therefore rushes over to the gun, and plugs all of them with corks. They somehow don't break when the gun fires.
Next, he begins speaking with the dragon in draconic, explaining the situation, and requesting that it get the others briefed on things, and keep the supercloner safe.

The gun just shoots them out.
OK.

((Action 2 was summoning a muck monster, trying to signify it by putting it in the dossier))
Action 1: The toxic being climbs up on top of the mountain. It finds the polluted plant life and breaths in. As it does this, it expands, growing in size. The monster then begins jogging around the mountain, not being able to go much faster. As it gains its maximum velocity, it rockets off the mountain. It then reaches maximum altitude and starts to fall. It rolls up into the ball, forming a poisonous cannon ball. It hits the Machine Gun Turret as fast as gravity allows. Upon impact with the ground, its polluted form explodes outwards, spreading around everywhere.
Action 2: The toxic creature's many points all start to gain height. They wobble around as they gain height. Potential energy builds and the points of poison lean towards each other. Finally, the friction of the ground can't hold the molecules any more and they all go flying. They all align at the point nearest to all of them, which just happens to be the Machine Gun Turret. They come together near the bottom of the turret and begin eating away at the bottom of the turret, slowly rotting away at the turret's supports. Finally, the atoms reflect off of the base and reform the strange creature they all belong to.
12/20 Protector
12/30 The Living
2/16 Pollute

Alright, I'll add that.
Combined, your actions deal 500 damage to the turret.

Entity Turn

The Crystal Array fires for 200 damage to the turret.
The duelist attacks for 200 damage to the turret.
The dragon attacks for...50 damage to the turret. Apparently it's not horribly good at attack.
The Machine Gun Turret attacks for 250 damage to the Crystal Array.
Engineers repair the Palisade. The fence is built up.
Minus, realizing that the Super Cloner is far too powerful for his own good, hits the mountain with a lightning bolt, causing a rock to fall on it, dealing 250 damage.

Terrain: Subterranean (Protection actions are more effective)
Players:
The_Two_Eternities [AG] HP: 15/20
Humans:
Engineer: 115
Builder: 125

Entities:
Crystal Array [AG] HP: 400/800 (Constant)
Stone Palisade [AG] HP: 1,770/1,700 (Reinforcement, Thorny, Below, Flame-Guarded)
Fence [AG] HP: 661/661 (Reinforcement, Buildable, Below)
Dragon [AG] HP: 600/600 (x1)
Muck Monster [AG] HP: 1000/1000
Super Cloner [M] HP: 19,750/20,000 (Dragon)
Machine Gun Turret [PG] HP: 22,850/25,000

Last edited:
12/30 Dara > > > > > > > > > 14/30
12/20 We Live in a society > 14/20
7/10 where's the food? > > > 9/10
[1] The Crystal array pulses, turning greyer, as energy begins flowing into it from the Red Crystal embedded into it... The cracks and chipped parts of the array begin to heal! The Array now has a passive regemeration regeneration over time. The Array also returns to attacking (and distracting) Minus. that's its purpose, even if it doesn't seem to be working very well. I make a mental note to direct it to shoot the grenade (which it sounds like didn't explode?) if Minus nears it again...

[1]I walk over to the Class Facility, and start teaching there. Soon enough, several previously-unclassed humans have gained their classes... and the new class is...
Teachers! The Class Facility can now enclass more humans at a time, and do so at a higher quality! However, to fully take advantage of this, those who are classed by the teachers will take another round to receive their Classes. No new classes are added, as the teachers aren't good enough to teach people how to be teachers themselves, and I haven't taught them how to make anything new in particular.

Back
Top Bottom