Weapons & Equip Fury Gear: True Melee Gear

Yes.They are.
If you don't have them then you never had a crimson world or beaten Plantera.
I know it.
I actually play on a Crimson world and have beaten Plantera (only once though, when the plant too strong)
I just don't have the patience for beating Plantera again or farming for a mold, I've had my share of farming with the Snowball Launcher.

N-No support.
Not only this armor gives -40% magic and ranged damage,but not only as LoM2 said,we have armor that does not give damage to every class,sure,but no armor should "punish" you from using ANY other class of damage.
I can fight Duke Fishron with a sniper rifle and beetle armor with the shell if i want.
Secondly,as said,you kill the greatest weapons in the game by removing their projectile.
The vampire knives shoot projectiles that lifesteal-but it's not a reason to "kill" it,OP for you or not.
There is people that say:"This weapon is so ****ing damn OP it should be removed",but more people think:"This weapon seems kinda OP for it's lifesteal,but atleast it's balanced",it means that we shouldn't kill any endgame weapon too.

well, go ahead and use beetle armor. in my view, the current terraria armor "punishes" you for using swords that don't shoot projectiles, as if you do, you get squashed for being up close to tank enemies. although people seem to hate the damage debuff, i think i might change that. and the reason o prevented it from being compatible with the vampire knives is because i want it to be actually melee, not ranged melee. for some weapons, like the scourge, i made an alternate attack style so it could remain melee, but i can't think of any alternate attack for the knives. if you have any ideas, i would be glad to hear them.

Don't know why you're adding new ore and a new True weapon, or what you were talking about with the whole "that melee is not really melee" And I also don't get why Vampire Knives would be useless, you can still use them but not get the double damage buff. Also.... why the hell is this a PC exclusive... why!? Are you trying to chase all the melee classmen to PC? I don't even know why some things should even be exclusive!

the reason i used the PC prefix is because i wanted it to be added to PC first, and other platforms later. and i might change the "no projectile melee" thing, but i put that there so i could still use the terra blade without the projectile. curently, if i use a normal, non-projectile melee weapon, i would die because the best one in the game is the keybrand, which kinda sucks. and if you want projectile melee, you can use beetle armor, if you want true melee, you can use fury armor. this is just to add another option for players, it doesn't change existing features at all.

Edit: the ranged and magic damage nerf proved unpopular, i reduced it to 30%. also, ranged melee weapons work now, partially.

set bonus: double melee damage. 20% extra melee critical strike chance. Prevents melee weapons from shooting projectiles. Because of this, boomerangs and vampire knives are useless. that proved unpopular, now they still attack, but only deal base item damage as listed without damage bonuses, and are incapable of critical strikes. partial melee weapons like the terra blade still work as normal, but don't shoot projectiles. Scourge of the Corruptor is now a spear, with 3 tiny eaters orbiting the head. Ranged and magic damage reduced by 30%, ranged and magic damage now are incapable of critical strikes.

Last edited:
the reason i used the PC prefix is because i wanted it to be added to PC first, and other platforms later.
Why...? I don't know I'm just the kind of guy who doesn't want a game to be missing some content that is on another platform.

Why...? I don't know I'm just the kind of guy who doesn't want a game to be missing some content that is on another platform.

it's intended to be something that would be added in 1.3, and added to other platforms later. oh, and what do you think about the new mechanics?

Yes.They are.
If you don't have them then you never had a crimson world or beaten Plantera.
I know it.
Actually, it isn't that great. It's decent, but there's far superior late-game Melee weapons, like the Terra Blade, Flairon and North Pole. You don't need life-steal if the monsters can't even hit you :p

maybe. maybe i'll just make it so you can't get critical strikes with them. btw, the original damage nerf was 80%.:p
I think if this happened,a chaingun with broken would be -30% damage(Correct me if i'm wrong),plus this -80%,this makes -110%,That would be horrible if this happened.

This has already sort of been covered, but I'll give you my visions on it.
  • This is a pretty cool thing, but I'll say that ores are overdone and they need something more interesting to be obtained.
  • This does not fit in with Terraria (already been said) and really restricts players. I often use melee/ranged weapons with the Spectre Armor and so on.
  • 2x melee damage, while I can see it being (possibly) justified here, makes a player completely OP in close quarters. I mean, hell, moons aren't the only things that matter here. Think of the normal enemies. What of them?
In short: this seems more like an item that tries to encourage a certain playstyle rather than boost a given one.

You can make a thread without a prefix. o_O

OT: No support, sorry. I NEED those sword beams. I will die without them.

If you need the sword beams to survive, don't use this armor? Beetle and Turtle would still exist.

i can't think of any alternate attack for the knives. if you have any ideas, i would be glad to hear them.

Here's an idea- A slightly larger bladed glove. VK would need a serious damage buff with this armor equipped considering how most of its damage comes from numerous projectiles.

Additionally, normal boomerangs could possibly just have halved throw distance instead of no damage boosts. Possessed Hatchet and Paladin's Hammer would be melee weapons that you'd swing instead.

2x melee damage, while I can see it being (possibly) justified here, makes a player completely OP in close quarters. I mean, hell, moons aren't the only things that matter here. Think of the normal enemies. What of them?

Did you consider the beams from swords before you made this post? Those also double melee damage.

The fundamental up-front issue with this suggestion is it makes swords boring again. The not so up-front issue is it's a terrible design and goes against pretty much everything Terraria's about. In fact, I'll go ahead and sum up the main points against this suggestion in a nice and convenient little list for you:
  • Even pure melee attacking becomes less and less viable as you get further into the game. That's the big reason for the existence of "non-true melee" weapons.
  • You're punishing people for using other types of weapons, even in the same category. It doesn't matter how good a suggestion is, NO ONE will ever approve of that, because that not only goes against one of the biggest things about Terraria (massive amounts of depth because you can use so many different sets of weapons, not even from the same category), but nothing, and I seriously mean NOTHING, in the entire god damn game, does anything like that. NOTHING.
  • You're suggesting having an armor set recode weapons to have radically different functions. This is a terrible idea, and if you're not careful with how you handle it you could end up with a situation like what happened with Terraria Avalon and its Naquadah armor, whose set bonus gave everything autofire, but because of how it was handled, those with weaker PCs were literally getting 1 frame per second, if even. Needless to say, this is a very poor design choice.
  • You're basically favoring a subcategory of weapons, which generally speaking is not a great idea.
  • A lot of the weapons you're forcing into true melee are balanced around their original designs. This is also a terrible idea, because it completely breaks the balance. If something is balanced around their existing state, especially if it's a unique one, you do NOT come through and change its functionality, unless you plan on rebalancing it yourself.
  • You're generating Fury ore on Plantera kills, but you can't mine it until you kill the Golem. Why?
  • Why do the helmet and breastplate use Souls of Might but not the Greaves? Seriously, consistency.
  • Breaks the balance of all projectile-using melee weapons. Except the Terra Blade, that's already overpowered.
Ultimately this suggestion is very poorly designed, and basically stands absolutely no chance of being added.

The fundamental up-front issue with this suggestion is it makes swords boring again. The not so up-front issue is it's a terrible design and goes against pretty much everything Terraria's about. In fact, I'll go ahead and sum up the main points against this suggestion in a nice and convenient little list for you:
  • Even pure melee attacking becomes less and less viable as you get further into the game. That's the big reason for the existence of "non-true melee" weapons.
  • You're punishing people for using other types of weapons, even in the same category. It doesn't matter how good a suggestion is, NO ONE will ever approve of that, because that not only goes against one of the biggest things about Terraria (massive amounts of depth because you can use so many different sets of weapons, not even from the same category), but nothing, and I seriously mean NOTHING, in the entire god damn game, does anything like that. NOTHING.
  • You're suggesting having an armor set recode weapons to have radically different functions. This is a terrible idea, and if you're not careful with how you handle it you could end up with a situation like what happened with Terraria Avalon and its Naquadah armor, whose set bonus gave everything autofire, but because of how it was handled, those with weaker PCs were literally getting 1 frame per second, if even. Needless to say, this is a very poor design choice.
  • You're basically favoring a subcategory of weapons, which generally speaking is not a great idea.
  • A lot of the weapons you're forcing into true melee are balanced around their original designs. This is also a terrible idea, because it completely breaks the balance. If something is balanced around their existing state, especially if it's a unique one, you do NOT come through and change its functionality, unless you plan on rebalancing it yourself.
  • You're generating Fury ore on Plantera kills, but you can't mine it until you kill the Golem. Why?
  • Why do the helmet and breastplate use Souls of Might but not the Greaves? Seriously, consistency.
  • Breaks the balance of all projectile-using melee weapons. Except the Terra Blade, that's already overpowered.
Ultimately this suggestion is very poorly designed, and basically stands absolutely no chance of being added.
While you've given good evidence to support your point of view, I'm going to have to ask you to dial down the negativity a bit. It really is unnecessary to your point to repeatedly state how 'terrible' something is. It's entirely fine to have criticisms but they need to be shared in a constructive and respectful way.

Back
Top Bottom