Mobile Hoiks and wire glitches

Krubbit

Terrarian
Hello. This is my first post at the forum.
I am actually making a full review of the hoiks in Terraria mobile 1.2.10333. There are a lot of reviews of pc hoiks but at mobile Terraria the hoiks are more difficult so u wantet to help at the community.

I actually have a problem , I was making some testing at pressure plates with torches and discovered something u hope I can get help with.

This is a simple hoik path
Screenshot_2015_11_01_12_46_27.png

Screenshot_2015_11_01_12_46_24.png

OK the problem it's when I walk at the pressure plate and the hoiks are at the background, the pressure plate activates the hoiks making me slide to the right, and also it turns on/off the torch.

But if I use the leaver only the hoiks are activated. My questions are two.

Why does the pressure plate activates the hoiks?

Why does the leaver it's not activating the torch?

I hope the answer for my questions thanks allot.

P.S. sorry for my English not my natural language.

That's very weird...
To clarify, the blocks deacutuate when you step on the pad?

You are playing on mobile. On mobile, activations sources affect all wiring with in a 1 tile radius of that activation source.

The lever is two tiles away from the blue wire to the torch. Too far from the wire to send a signal via it.

This is correct.

The one tile distance activation opens up several unique ways to program wiring in mobile Terraria, but simultaneously makes one be forced to think differently than when building in PC... For example, the old heart statue optimization is much different in mobile, though it got needed in PC with the last update.

Thank's , Thas more than clear, I will now think a way to make work this, And Inomanoms, Youre Awesome!:merchantwink:

Good to see another mobile player on T-MEC!

You are playing on mobile. On mobile, activations sources affect all wiring with in a 1 tile radius of that activation source.
I never knew there was an actual rule to it, but I have noticed that sometimes I have to rewire something to compensate.

Hey. Sorry to 'necro' this thread, but regarding part of your (old) question:
Why does the leaver it's not activating the torch?
That is because the type of hoik you have there (a 'top' hoik, against ceiling horizontal) lifts the player's feet off the ground when they are in it. So you will skip over and past the pressure plate on the ground without actually hitting it. You would need to raise it up by a tile and/or redesign the type of hoik you are using. (And cross your fingers it doesn't cause more problems on mobile.)

As an update, has the wiring now changed from this, on your mobile version?

Back
Top Bottom