Is anyone else completely unable to handle spiders?

In terraria, the spiders are huge, and in real life, the spiders can only be the size of your head. *Shivers* I really am scared of spiders, but a killing a huge spider in terraria is fun, but in real life it's my worst nightmare to fight a giant spider.

Improper use of i.e., system overload! ABORT SEQUENCE: SELF-DESTRUCT

Anyway, apparently Asian Giant Hornets can kill... so.. great.
Fortunately, there aren't any Asian hornets here, but when I see a normal hornet I jump and run away, and my girlfriend says "what's wrong? He is so peaceful"... I even think twice before i go out for a cig when it's not night..
Back to the thread, what makes spiders in the game scary is their size. They're almost bigger than you.

Most of the spider types in this game are weak. The most annoying ones are those from the nests but you can easily show them who's boss by using quick weapon with high base damage, reach and knockback, Black Recluses can hurt early hardmode though. Hornets irl are rather peaceful, they never sting you if you behave properly ( no rapid movement, you don't threaten them/their nests ). Even if any prefers to sit on your arm, it still won't do anything unless you try to shove it off. Of course Asian Giant Hornets are an exception but there aren't any in Europe...

I've actually seen an unusually large number of people have such a crippling fear of spiders that they struggle with games including them.

Myself, I really don't like spiders, but this is leagues beyond my personal experience, and I've seen it on multiple game forums. On TO, there was an extensive thread where people actually requested an alternate game-mode with "non-spider alternatives" replaced the spiders in the game. Since then, the sheer amount of spider content has actually increased to include pets and summon items though.
I love me some spider-themed content, but I certainly feel pretty bad for the players who can't enjoy the game because of legitimate Arachnophobia...

I love me some spider-themed content, but I certainly feel pretty bad for the players who can't enjoy the game because of legitimate Arachnophobia...
Speaking of which... In Skyrim there are lots of giant spiders so someone came up with idea of changing them into bears... yep.

Spiders are definitely more scary to me simply because they materialize from the darkness and have a weird running animation. It's not the fact they're spiders; if spider nests weren't such a death sentence for an inadequately prepared player (such as myself, who has a tendency to jump underground in the clothes he spawned with).

Guys, omg, I have a skeleton inside of me. What to do? I'm spooooked.

... This conversation devolved quickly.

I seriously have no clue how did it happen *looks away and whistles*. The thing is that spiders irl ain't that scary as many people depict them ( as long as they don't possess wings... ), those in game may be huge but are easy to deal with if you don't dig below yourself without light source or don't jump through caves without caution.

Back
Top Bottom