Game Mechanics Keeping Reforges on Weapons After You Make a New Weapon Out of It

galacticGammawave

Headless Horseman

So, let's say that you have a Legendary Night's Edge from pre-hardmode, but you get some Broken Hero Swords from a Solar Eclipse.
You would most likely be thinking, "
Yes! I can make a Terra Blade! But I would lose so much money reforging it back to Legendary..." Well, maybe not, but you get the point.
So, I suggest that instead of just losing or keeping the reforge, you would get a Prefix Voucher, which keeps whatever prefix you had on the old weapon on it.

"But Splice, how would I put the modifier back on the weapon?"
Simple question. You would take it to the Goblin Tinkerer and pay only a little bit of coinage to combine them together, and boom! You got yourself a new weapon, with the same reforge.

"How much would it cost?"
It would cost one reforge for the new weapon, instead of 30 or so of them.

"But couldn't that mean I could put Menacing on Hallowed Armor?"
No, the voucher would only be compatible with weapons/accessories that can use that modifier. Ie: Menacing Angel Wings, Legendary Terra Blade, Taboo Flamelash.

Version 2: Idea by Typhoon
Instead of getting an equal voucher, Typhoon suggests getting a slightly less powerful reforge when you craft a weapon using a weapon in its recipe

As you can most likely tell by now, this thread is still a WIP, and it needs balancing desperately. If you can, please let me know any suggestions for this suggestion in the comments.

Thanks for reading! And sorry if this didn't make any sense. It's early in the morning and my brain is being a bit weird.

Last edited:
A little OP to me, just to fix it, how about (for example) when you have a Legendary Night's Edge and you want to make the True form of it, you can get another GOOD prefix instead of Legendary, but you still have the chance to get Legendary.

it would only useful with legendary/godly prefixes and, at least for me it's very hard to get those prefixes when you craft a weapon, so I only worry about reforging when I get end game weapons, at least that's what I do

Hmm... Thanks for the feedback! Yeah maybe only getting a little bit less good (does that make sense?) reforges when you make new weapons would be better.

What would happen when crafting the Night's Edge, as it uses 4 weapons? Or the Terra Blade, made of 2? You have multiple modifiers involved there.

Probably should've thought this through more... Oh well. Chazm and Snickerbobble, I think that it would take the highest modifier. Sorry about that, need to fix that bit.

Can someone tell me what a prefix voucher is?
A part of this suggestion.

Anyway I think I have a better solution. (disregarding that this is over a year old)

Modifiers grant an increased value by a percentage yes? Have the new weapons modifier be somewhere between those two points (or in the case of the same modifier repeated guarantee the same result). Or maybe have it so the modifier closest to the average is picked.

Maybe I'm not thinking properly because it's the middle of the night.

I actually like this idea, or something similar to it. There's no frustration quite like having a base item with a great prefix get crafted into an item with a bad one.

Back
Top Bottom