Khaios' Build Spectacle

What "class" do you prefer to play in Terraria?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt read whole discussion, just wanted to leave my impressions. I didnt find much inspiration for myself. You obviously have put a lot of effort into shaping your world, which I respect. Yet, nothing caught my eye so much that i wished to bring it to my worlds. Except for the front sided ships. Dude, those are awesome. I may be used so much to seing ships being introduced from its side, but your vision have shattered my whole world. Thank you very much. Please accept my humble respect. They are good and are way beyond perfection.

I didnt read whole discussion, just wanted to leave my impressions. I didnt find much inspiration for myself. You obviously have put a lot of effort into shaping your world, which I respect. Yet, nothing caught my eye so much that i wished to bring it to my worlds. Except for the front sided ships. Dude, those are awesome. I may be used so much to seing ships being introduced from its side, but your vision have shattered my whole world. Thank you very much. Please accept my humble respect. They are good and are way beyond perfection.
There isn't really much need to read the entire thread. While I do post messages, and receive them here occasionally, most of what I post here, I also put in spoilers in the original post, so really the main one worth checking out is the first page.

Not everyone has the same tastes, and I never expect to please everyone, nor do I think everything I build will be an inspiration to all. I post because I love this game, I enjoy building, and if I'm going to put so much work into it, I may as well share. To each their own, I say. I'm glad that you were able to find something within my builds to your tastes. Happy building ^.^

Howdy Terrarians ^.^
Here's a cultist shrine. That is all.
Cultists 3.png

That's dope. How did you do that for them to spawn in their places? Sorry, I'm a console player and waiting for 1.3 lol

I used TEdit to assist, which won't be an option for console, however, you will still be able to accomplish something similar once 1.3 comes to console (assuming they don't change the spawn logic on that platform).

Terraria has a marker for the dungeon. It's where the old man and cultists spawn. The tablet found between the cultists is where the invisible marker is located. There must be a floor and a ceiling directly around the marker (the space between the floor and ceiling must be within 10-13 spaces, or the tablet and cultists will not spawn). The cultists spawn the same distance from the tablet. Basically, the cultists attempt to spawn on ground at the same level of the tablet, but if there isn't ground there, the game will search for level ground lower than the marker. They won't spawn if they don't find three tiles of level ground.

Basically, I'd just recommend you experiment with it, once the update releases. It's a little complicated to try to explain. Just make sure you keep the floor under the tablet at the same level (you can change the materials, just don't lower or raise it). Sorry I couldn't give you a better answer >.<

I don't wanna sound like I have no idea what I'm saying, but really I have no idea what I'm saying. Do you think you could make a list of the blocks u used in your pirate cove build? I've been trying to make something like it but as a city ish thing but I've only been playing for a couple weeks part time and I'm clueless when it comes to blocks. Also, do you have any suggestions for blocks to use in organic builds, like dragons or something? I know in minecraft, clay blocks are the standard, but I wasn't sure if there's an equivalent block in Terraria. If it's too much trouble, don't worry about it I'll figure it out eventually :) Also your builds are all super awesome, keep it up!

I don't wanna sound like I have no idea what I'm saying, but really I have no idea what I'm saying. Do you think you could make a list of the blocks u used in your pirate cove build? I've been trying to make something like it but as a city ish thing but I've only been playing for a couple weeks part time and I'm clueless when it comes to blocks. Also, do you have any suggestions for blocks to use in organic builds, like dragons or something? I know in minecraft, clay blocks are the standard, but I wasn't sure if there's an equivalent block in Terraria. If it's too much trouble, don't worry about it I'll figure it out eventually :) Also your builds are all super awesome, keep it up!

Thank you ^.^ Glad you like the builds!

I use a wide variety of materials in my builds, which can make it very tedious to write out a list of which I used in a particular build. If you have questions about specific areas of the build that you would like answered, I'd be more than happy to answer them. Since that build is available for download (in the NPC showcase world), I would highly recommend downloading it for yourself, and picking apart any areas you are unsure of. I find that a great way to learn about a build. The only thing you won't learn from mining the build apart is which paints I used, but it's usually fairly simple to figure out, just let me know if you have some confusion.

As for the pixel art, there isn't really a staple block, as there is in minecraft. So, the way I see it, there are two approaches to Terraria pixel art. Either you're trying to make something intended to be viewed in game, or you're trying to build something intended to be viewed from the map. If you're working on the first, then the type of block will be very important, as come blocks blend with others, and some will simply look better for your art than others. I can't really answer which blocks will work for you, or not, but you can use this reddit post to help you decide which blocks/walls you may wish to use (it's an asset to building that I still use on occasion to date). If you're building pixel art to be viewed on the map (these tend to look more like what pixel art in minecraft looks like), you will be more interested in color than you will be interested in block choice. Yes, each block has a slightly different shade of color on the map, so there will be choices in blocks, but since we have paint in Terraria, your choice of paint can often be an important factor as well.

Unfortunately, I am not at all a pixel artist. That is simply a skill that escapes my grasp, so I can't really offer much advice in that area, besides recommending you experiment with blocks and paints, and see what you like and what you don't like. It's actually the same recommendation I give to people, when they ask for standard build advice. That said, you may get some specific help/advice/suggestions/etc from a pixel artist. @ann_T creates very beautiful pixel art, intended to be viewed in game, and @Catz is a master of console pixel art, who's art is intended to be viewed in the map (though I am not sure if Catz is still active on TCF or not, so you may not get any replies from her). I can't guarantee that either one of those pixel artists will have any advice to offer, but at the very least, you should check out their builds for inspiration (personally, I love seeing how much ann_T's skill has grown from her early posts to today--you can learn a lot by looking at the progression of a builder's style over the years).

Sorry I couldn't give you more in the way of advice, but as I said if you have anything specific you'd like to ask, I'd be happy to oblige. Happy building ^.^

The one on the left is mahogany fence painted brown, and the one on the right is shadewood fence painted brown ^.^

Oh, thanks! I couldn't quite figure it out when trying to build similar rafts, and also, how did you manage to get the different types of plating to separate?

Thanks!

Oh, thanks! I couldn't quite figure it out when trying to build similar rafts, and also, how did you manage to get the different types of plating to separate?

Thanks!
No problem ^.^ The copper and tin platings just separate naturally. No extra work needed :) Happy building!

When I placed them, they connected, that's why I'm asking.
Dunno what to tell you. I've never, ever had tin plating and copper plating connect. Not sure if it's different cross platform, but I've only really ever played on PC.

Dunno what to tell you. I've never, ever had tin plating and copper plating connect. Not sure if it's different cross platform, but I've only really ever played on PC.
I also only played on PC, but it might be that I have mods.

Was the demolitionist's mine either based off the super terraria world mod or did it get inspired by you?

Was the demolitionist's mine either based off the super terraria world mod or did it get inspired by you?
Oh wait never mind but what block is this black wall?
index.php
Haha, yeah. I do all the building for STW. Actually, I built the mine first, then decided to use it in STW, because I was so happy with how it was turning out.

Those blocks/walls are stone slab. You can craft them at a heavy workbench with stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom