NPCs & Enemies Lihzahrd Temple Expansion - Hazards, obstacles, improvements, and more!

I sort of approve and sort of dislike I can never utilize the two new traps... I sort of want to be able to use the spinning flail trap and the roaming fire thing in the first dungeon...BTW, Does anyone know if the Golem is hurt by lava?

Wow I'm almost not surprised how awesome this is , everything is excellent. But two things
-since pre HM does not allow the player to enter the temple , why have per HM guys around there?
- The snake breaker is a nasty weapon but two uses a second sounds a little too much for a sword with such a high base damage.
Besides those issues I'm cool with this!

-since pre HM does not allow the player to enter the temple , why have per HM guys around there?
You can spawn Lihzahrd enemies by standing in front of the wall in the tunnel leading into the temple entrance.
- The snake breaker is a nasty weapon but two uses a second sounds a little too much for a sword with such a high base damage.
Try telling Terra Blade, which attacks four times every second. If anything, the Snake Breaker is UP. :p

Buffed the Snake Breaker's damage up to 235.

It's cool, though I'd like to see two kinds of sentries: one that shoots projectiles, mch like yours, and one that charged up a damaging hitscan beam and makes the player take cover/move more. The beam should be seen while charging and have a limited turning speed.
Otherwise great idea! The temple with beat even more :red: out of me if this is implemented!

It's cool, though I'd like to see two kinds of sentries: one that shoots projectiles, mch like yours, and one that charged up a damaging hitscan beam and makes the player take cover/move more. The beam should be seen while charging and have a limited turning speed.
I don't think having an obnoxious indestructible turret that fires hitscan projectiles is a very good idea...

I don't think having an obnoxious indestructible turret that fires hitscan projectiles is a very good idea...
What if the turrets were destructible then? The golem's room should be filled with projectiles from your original turrets with no way of getting rid of them.

Then it wouldn't be on the same level as Spike Balls or Blazing Wheels. :l

Feel free to make your own suggestion. :p That idea sounds like it could go somewhere!
The turrets won't be on the same level anyway: they're ranged. I imagine them having 500-750 health and 100 defense each, and would drop Lihzahrd Bricks (if the player that destroyed it has a picksaw, 1-2 per turret), Sun Residue (1/7 chance to drop 1 of them, used in crafting Heat Ray if the player has defeated the golem once) and the Power Cell, pretty much as often as the other mobs. So, even less grinding the golem for the loot you need.
This would make the turrets rather tanky so you'd better avoid them, but would also give you the choice to destroy them.
The rotating blades are fine because they're melee only, so I guess you could have both static (spiked ball AI) and rotative (smaller and with blazing wheel AI).

I sort of want two bosses for the lihzahrd temple. The golem can stay as an easy boss while a harder boss can be introduced. A giant beetle boss? A giant sun boss? I like farming the golem...

I like the idea, but the damage on the Solar Sentry needs to be lowered or make the fire rate lower.
If you're looking at the gif, that's firing faster than they would if implemented.

If you stand still and are wearing absolutely no armor, you would take ~22 damage per second from a Solar Sentry. If you have 40 defense, you would only be taking ~13 DPS. Still think that's too much? (Remember that you can dodge these.)

This idea seems very original,and i would like to see it implemented. the Lizahrd temple seems very plain and this would spice it up,ESPECIALLY the hazards! I LOVE traps, even if I can't harvest them and destroy everything i see without lifting a finger.

Jolly Good Show!

Solar sentry should be disable-able. Having a fifty damage laser firing at you is a challenge but would start to get annoying in end-game. i.e walk in with beetle armour and they do nearly nothing but be a hindrance during the golem fight. Which should be made more difficult.

Back
Top Bottom