<-------------------- Update 2 -------------------->
The Xbox One update is now available to download.
<-------------------- Update 1 -------------------->
The latest PS4 patch is now available to download. Keep in mind that it can take a little bit of time before it propagates on your console. We'll have additional information on the Xbox One patch as soon as we receive it from the Xbox certification team.
<-------------------- Original Post -------------------->
Greetings Terrarians! We’re happy to announce that a new patch will be releasing on PS4 today starting at 12:00 PM PDT. The Xbox version of this patch has been submitted and will be released on approval from the Xbox certification team. As soon as that approval occurs we’ll let you know.
This patch will resolve a lot of the most commonly reported issues like the multiplayer overwrite bug, issues related to dyes, and a ton of stability fixes to multiplayer.
Thanks to everyone in the community who has submitted bug reports and feedback. We’re listening, and we look forward to seeing what you think of this latest patch.
Keep an eye on the forums & our social media accounts for additional information on patch deployment times for Xbox One.
Multiplayer & Split-Screen Fixes
- Fixed a bug where the host’s world would get copied and replaced by another player’s previously created world.
- Fixed a bug where a player’s world would get replaced when they went from a single-player session to a multiplayer one and the host quit first.
- Fixed a bug where the game would freeze after exiting the session with either a 3rd or 4th split-screen player.
- Fixed a split-screen crash that would occur when the primary player used ‘Save and Exit’ from a 4-player multiplayer split-screen session.
- Fixed a crash that would occur for players whose 2nd split-screen player exited a multiplayer session.
- Fixed a freeze that occurred when a player selected multiplayer after being in a multiplayer game that the host quit.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when two or more split-screen players would access their cloud save on the ‘Select Player’ screen.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when a secondary player interacted with a chest during split-screen.
- Fixed a multiplayer error that was encountered during the Pirate Invasion.
- Fixed a bug where elements in the mini-map would be missing for other players in a multiplayer session.
- Fixed a split-screen bug where secondary players would get kicked out of a multiplayer session after interacting with a chest.
- Fixed a crash that would occur after accepting an invite.
- Fixed a bug that would cause infinite loading after losing connection to the internet while in a multiplayer session.
- Fixed a crash that would occur if the primary player exited a split-screen session while the secondary player selected the ‘Edit’ option by interacting with a tombstone.
- Fixed other stability bugs related to accepting invitations while in suspend mode.
- Fixed a crash that would occur after the host added a split-screen player and another non-split-screen player joined simultaneously.
- Fixed a crash that would occur for the host while fighting in a PVP multiplayer session.
- Fixed a crash that would occur after exiting the split-screen players one by one while the players were zoomed in.
- Fixed a bug that would prevent progression being saved when ‘Autosave’ was turned off, and the player exited via Save & Exit.
- Fixed other bugs related to Autosaving.
- Fixed instances of the game becoming unresponsive after signing in and out of profiles.
- Fixed a bug where certain enemies (blue slime) and bosses would respawn despite being defeated.
- Fixed an instance where players wouldn’t be taken to a multiplayer session after accepting an invite.
- Fixed a bug where worlds couldn’t be created after performing sign-in changes after a previous world creation process.
- Autopause is now enabled on the Map screen for single player only.
Save Conversion Fixes
- Fixed a bug where save conversion wouldn’t progress past converting maps when the player has only played in multiplayer games previously.
- Fixed a bug where saved worlds would disappear after save conversion when worlds had the same name, but a variation in capitalization.
- Fixed several other bugs related to save conversion.
General Crash Fixes
- Fixed a crash that would occur while fighting Moon Lord.
- Fixed a bug where the game would freeze after being killed while using the stardust dragon and having a minion count of 8 or more in medium or large worlds.
- Fixed a crash that would occur after accepting a player invite while suspended in a single-player game.
- Fixed a crash that would occur when the Golem is slain.
- Fixed other miscellaneous crashes that were reported through console crash report systems.
Item Duplication Fixes
- Fixed a duplication bug that would occur when placing the last item of a stack while moving.
- Fixed a bug where a few potions could be used an infinite amount of times after activating the build mode feature.
- Fixed a duplication bug involving chests.
- Fixed a bug where the performance of the game would decrease when using a lunar hook with dyes on it.
- Fixed a bug where animated dyes displayed in the player list would result in graphic corruption and slowdown when repeatedly starting and exiting gameplay.
- Fixed a crash that would occur for the host when the ‘Goblin Army’ event would trigger naturally.
- Fixed a bug where the ‘Goblin Army’ would fail to spawn even after the event message is displayed and criteria are met.
Art & Text Fixes
- Fixed a bug where equipping various amounts of animated dyes would cause textures to vanish.
- Fixed a bug where the background of the Eclipse event would be missing for secondary players.
- Fixed a bug where the player hair color would fail to update dynamically in game and in mini map after consuming mana hair dye.
- Fixed a bug where the color of the Angel Halo item did not change in Map or minimap on placing any dye in the dye slot.
- Fixed a bug where a slight gap would be observed between two crafted walls when placed.
- Fixed a bug where the weapon rack’s tooltip would display “<right>” instead of the appropriate button prompt.
- Text throughout the game now appears static and no longer blinks.