Blocks & Decoration One Heck of a Big Suggestion: Aquariums

I think I already posted a comment on TO, but I will gladly post again.
This is a marvellous suggestion, I have always loved collecting the Terrarium creatures and would love to collect all the fish as well to show off. The new help function with the Angler is great and ties in nicely with the aquariums. This suggestion is so perfect it feels like it's already part of the game, from the sprites to the Angler's quotes, this definitely needs to be implemented.

Keep up the great suggestions, I made a banner for this thread as well!

CkbJQUW.png
Code:
[URL=http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/one-heck-of-a-big-suggestion-aquariums.621/][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/CkbJQUW.png[/IMG][/URL]
Of course, you get this:
ymtDVJT.gif

This makes my soul happy. I really like the idea of having aquariums to go alongside the terrariums. I don't do much of fishing, but having this would make me want to catch every fish. ;p
I really hope this gets added.

Why have so many different types of filter? Why not just have one and have magic making sure the fish are happy. I would suggest a star and 2 iron/lead bars should be used for that one magic filter. and 2 iron/lead bars.

Why have so many different types of filter? Why not just have one and have magic making sure the fish are happy. I would suggest a star and 2 iron/lead bars should be used for that one magic filter. and 2 iron/lead bars.
Having specialized types of filters adds a little effort into taking care of special species of fish. A universal filter would be dull.

Love the idea, you have my support. I want to be able to fill a room with nothing but these aquariums.

As for the shark tank Make it 3x as big and make it require 3+ filters with 3x the coral?

Considering how much I love to fish in this game, I am definitely supporting this. More incentive for me to do the Angler quests with all my characters. :p

It would be cool if you can add items other than fish and other stuff you mentioned into the tank. Imagine a voodoo drool was inside it.

98% Support.

Insta-support :p!

I love fishing! The whole smooth mechanics and knowing there's always a reward after all makes it so nice! Now, if this gets implemented, we'll have even more awesome things to do with fishes we... fish :happy:!

Though, I fear the fish population ends up severely reduced, and that's no good :(

Last edited:
Very interesting and very creative idea; I'd love to make use of aquariums when it comes to personalizing my NPC's homes and rooms. :dryadtongue:

Only thing that's a tad iffy, of which I am also a tad iffy of his other rewards, is the fact that a set quest gives you the item once. If the purifier item were to be accidentally sold, deleted, or tossed-and-world-exit'd, then it'd be gone forever, and so would the ability to make aquariums.

Not really something to change or worry about; just a personal ":(" of mine; I keep close track of my Angler set and Golden Fishing Rod for this same reason.

Bluh-bluh'ing aside, again, an original idea with bounds of creativity! ...I wish there was a support banner or somethin'..

Back
Top Bottom