• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Parity at last! Terraria 1.3.5 Launches Today on Xbox One and PlayStation 4!

r4v1n6

Official Terrarian
Console will get 1.4 eventually, and it won't take 3 years. Much of the time spent porting Console 1.3 was on the foundation. They don't have to redo that for 1.4.

darthmorf

Staff member
That's all the Switch / Mobile players get told: "No Date Yet" It's like a broken record. Where was the promised multiplayer for the Switch? Why are the Switch and Mobile the last considerations?
Well, it's hard to tell you anything else when there is no date... not sure what you want to hear but we can't just make stuff up so you get to hear different things. Console and Mobile are developed by third party companies so there is siginificant lag time as they adapt Re-Logic's code for the different platform.

Lord Laret

Terrarian
Well, it's hard to tell you anything else when there is no date... not sure what you want to hear but we can't just make stuff up so you get to hear different things. Console and Mobile are developed by third party companies so there is siginificant lag time as they adapt Re-Logic's code for the different platform.
I apologise for my offhanded way I sound, my intentions were not meant to be rude, I apologise profusely and thank you for your time.

ED209

Plantera
Mouse and keyboard support on console is completely necessary, I tried to play and its impossible for me. It's a real shame too because me and some friends played on pc years ago and had a blast and nowadays we dont have anything we want to play together. This would fill the void perfectly if only we could control ourselves without becoming infuriated by it. I hope this is coming in an update soon.
I've often wondered what the benefit of KB+M is on a console, is there something I'm missing? I'll admit it would be great to be able to easily rename chests and write signs etc.; that current typing interface is maddening.

Ight

Terrarian
I have ps4 terreria and haven't received an update past 1.0.1515.2 love the game but not sure what's happening here.

lSpeedwagonl

Terrarian
Is there anyway the crafting UI being updated or changed? It's been a few years since they changed it to match PC and I haven't played it since honestly. I don't find it fun having to remember crafting recipes nor do I find it a fun gameplay loop to constantly run to the guide so I can remember how to craft something. Especially being someone who hasn't played in years. Every time I see the game has an update I hop on to check it out and see if anythings been changed, but never the case. Are we just going to be stuck with a more PC friendly ui on a console? I really love the game and I hardly ever have a huge enough problem with small things like this , but it honest to god keeps me from playing the game and I really want to play it, but it isnt enjoyable at all having to run to the guide for every little thing or looking it up online. It doesn't have too be the old crafting ui at all, but can it just be more user friendly? There doesn't feel like a good enough reason to have it cut down so much. Can't the crafting just be on a page of its own and be expanded? Why does it even need the be the same on both PC and console? That's not the way it is for Minecraft I don't recall. Which is kinda similar lol terraria in a sense, it anyways yeah. Long time terraria fan, but not a fan in the slightest with the ui..

Unit One

Staff member
I have ps4 terreria and haven't received an update past 1.0.1515.2 love the game but not sure what's happening here.
The console versions use a different numbering system than the PC version, so while the PC version might be 1.3.5, PS4 might number it something different. If you’ve got UI Size Slider in your settings then you have the most recent version and are up to date.

Is there anyway the crafting UI being updated or changed? It's been a few years since they changed it to match PC and I haven't played it since honestly. I don't find it fun having to remember crafting recipes nor do I find it a fun gameplay loop to constantly run to the guide so I can remember how to craft something. Especially being someone who hasn't played in years. Every time I see the game has an update I hop on to check it out and see if anythings been changed, but never the case. Are we just going to be stuck with a more PC friendly ui on a console? I really love the game and I hardly ever have a huge enough problem with small things like this , but it honest to god keeps me from playing the game and I really want to play it, but it isnt enjoyable at all having to run to the guide for every little thing or looking it up online. It doesn't have too be the old crafting ui at all, but can it just be more user friendly? There doesn't feel like a good enough reason to have it cut down so much. Can't the crafting just be on a page of its own and be expanded? Why does it even need the be the same on both PC and console? That's not the way it is for Minecraft I don't recall. Which is kinda similar lol terraria in a sense, it anyways yeah. Long time terraria fan, but not a fan in the slightest with the ui..
It’s not an answer you want, but I don’t see the crafting UI being updated or changed, no.

Top Bottom