Map-Puzzle Portal Gun Puzzles

The map is great! It took me about 4 minutes to beat but it's bound to make you think a little. Hopefully a second one comes out/ it's updated soon.

I'm guessing the unportalable walls are some kind of block painted yellow and then hammered to be a slope
Also, could you make some "Turrets" in the next one? They could be made using any type of trap and some pressure plates (Although it would look kinda bad). And I have an idea for weight puzzles. Use red or green pressure plates and make a small 2x2 box around them. A critter (That doesn't fly) could be used as the weight. Also, if you want cakes for future easter eggs, use Christmas Puddings because they look quite similar to cakes.

Last edited:
This custom map was first one I played but it was amazing. Levels where challenging, you created blocks where you cant use portals on and wasn't boring to play trough. I give this map 8/10 but I would really like longer one I beated it in about 5 mins. Im waiting for more of these :)

The part with the snow cave and the death pit, it was 100% intentional that the two places you put your portals were the only places you could put your portals, and if you went down that pit I wanted you to die.

I was wondering why you didn't give the player a lucky horseshoe. You could always just put lava or wooden spikes down there, but it won't kill them as fast. I also recommend using teleporters it you ever want to move a long distance. I have noticed that the portals disappear if you get to far away from them. Since we don't have any emancipation grills you could use those instead. You can also use pink gel in place of water pits. I wasn't able to die when landing on that stuff no mater how far I tried to fall.

I was wondering why you didn't give the player a lucky horseshoe. You could always just put lava or wooden spikes down there, but it won't kill them as fast. I also recommend using teleporters it you ever want to move a long distance. I have noticed that the portals disappear if you get to far away from them. Since we don't have any emancipation grills you could use those instead. You can also use pink gel in place of water pits. I wasn't able to die when landing on that stuff no mater how far I tried to fall.
I agree with this guy. You could give the player a lucky horseshoe like the boots in Portal. You could also add ice skates as vanity for more immersion because they look quite similar to the long fall boots.

I'm going to have the map go into corruption this time, but it will be 100% manmade corruption that's way underground, so I don't think demon altars will be a problem :p

I'm also going to refrain from using tedit on this map because, well, I'm just kinda masochistic like that.
but what about corruption worms D:

Great job on the under construction walls, really smart idea and took me twice before understanding how they were made.
After I finished the map, I returned with my normal character, and found the easter egg, quite funny x3

As an hint, the painter sell shadow paint, so if you make black walls with black painted pressure plates, you can make some very undetectable traps.
So you could paint black the jungle temple flame trap, arrows, spikes, and what not.

Nice job with the unportable blocks. Had to bring my real character to understand it. It's really clever and creative, given how there's no page that provides this information.
The challenge itself is very nice, since you actually need both creativity and skill to make difficult challenges, as you need to be able to beat them to know they're working as intended.

There are only a few things to fix, like the obvious demon altar, and maybe the world being a generated one. If you get a World Editor, I'd suggest a completely plain dirt world where "natural" zones are hand-made.

Overall, I'd give it a 8/10. It was very fun although a little short. Looking forward to Part 2!

Good map, good show kiddo.
and the un-portable walls are easy ta figger out
however, the atmosphere aint right
needs some more decoration

no

the next test will be a room filled with demon alters upon demon alters.

We might never escape
No problem, always happy to help out the community!
I also heard tedit has been updated now. So can we expect no more demon alters? ;)
Haha

why can no one spell altar right
WHY

I give you a mythril sword, cobalt shield, and two stacks of health potions at the beginning of the map

Trust me, I'll take care of ya! ;D

or...

You can cancel mob spawns ETIRELY (including worms) by convering the backdrop behind every block (about 50 above and below, 90 to the side of anywhere the player can stand) with something like Wood Walls, or Stone Walls, or just walls that dont naturally generate.

Since mobs can't spawn on these walls (to prevent mobs from spawning in NPC rooms and in players houses), going over the whole map with a Tedit brush to change the walls for a large area around the map *should* cut off mob spawns entirely.

Thus, no worms.

Here is something I just noticed. Not sure if this is a bug or not but I was going around a new world with the Drill Containment Unit and destroyed some demon altars. So far it hasn't seem to do anything. Something to keep in mind in case anymore get in your way.

even if it was a very short map, i gotta say i really enjoyed it, except the last "puzle" that one was kinda annoying to perform properly :p
still a great concept behind it though

Back
Top Bottom