Post Count Includes Forum Games Section

It was a joke. :p

Ok we've made our logic clear guys...let's not start sniping other sections and/or each other.

Having them count harms no one.
I never imagined a God from Norse mythology to make a joke. Ooops, derailment.

Yeah, this has been said about enough.

It's just the usual reaction to Forum Games, I was mocking it. Trading and Clans are okay for those who care about multiplayer, just like Forum Games are okay for those who care about being The One.

I'm a little surprised at how often post count comes up on forums. I'm even more surprised at the amount of people who think that post count = forum experience. Now, I'm saying this in general, not just referencing these forums or the former official forums (haven't come across many issues with it yet anyways.).

The amount of posts you have does not equate to experience. It's just a useless stat that doesn't mean anything. Just like in video games, sometimes they track how many steps you have taken. Does it mean anything? Absolutely not. If people want to quickly raise their post/like count then let them, it really doesn't affect you in a negative way.

Using posts made to evaluate a poster is like using "swings taken" to evaluate a baseball player's hitting ability. ;)

I don't really agree with this, because as people have said often enough: post count doesn't mean much at all. Nor have I ever encountered anyone flaunting their post count... who would do such a thing?

All I will say is, if you're going to take the post count tracker for Forum Games off the record you may as well do the same for the Roleplay section too. Me and my amigo InsertUsernameHere both have over 300 posts in the space of a mere week, probably 80% minimum of which are in Roleplay for the two of us. You wouldn't believe how fast the posts get rattled through between IC (often brief, character-character conversational) posts and OOC discussion and banter as well...!

Mind, it is true that (I'm sure no-one will object to me saying that) RP replies do require a good deal more thought and effort than the average Forum Games post.

Back
Top Bottom