Post the worst luck you have every had in Terraria here.

For me, good luck can be the worst luck happening over and over again enough times where it's rarer than the good luck... This was no exception...
When I found a pyramid, I was hoping that I'd eventually get a Sandstorm in a Bottle and not a Pharaoh Set.
If I got the Pharaoh set, it'd be common. If I got the Sandstorm, it'd be lucky. If I got the Magic Carpet, that'd just be bad luck in my eyes. With no hesitation, I took the carpet and regretted going into that pyramid to be greeted with that unforgivable item...

Attachments

• Terraria_2017-08-05_11-15-47.png
    Terraria_2017-08-05_11-15-47.png
    460.2 KB · Views: 240
This is going back a couple of years, to about a few months before 1.3 hit us like a steam train.

I was doing a hardcore speedrun to Terra Blade, and had been making good time up until acquiring Excalibur. Night's Edge was crafted in only a few in-game days, with Excalibur not far behind.

Now, there are 4 things I need to mention about pre-1.3 Solar Eclipses:
1. There was no Solar Tablet in the game at that point. I would have to wait for a natural solar eclipse to happen. (1/25 chance per day)
2. Mothron wasn't in the game either - Broken Hero Swords dropped at a 1/1000 chance from Frankensteins and Swamp Things.
3. You needed 3 Broken Hero Swords to craft Terra Blade.
4. No such thing as an Enchanted Sundial at the time.

As you can imagine, the RNG was strongly against me, and this was no different. With a 1/25 chance for a natural solar eclipse, I had to wait over 20 in-game days to even have one attempt at the Solar Eclipse (over 8 hours - well and truly killed the possibility of a good time).

Imagine my disappointment when I realised my haul for that one eclipse had only been 1 Broken Hero Sword out the 3 required. I had hauled 3 Broken Hero Swords from single pre-1.3 Solar Eclipses before, and this just killed my drive to continue the run at all.

(Plus, all the recordings I had made for the speedrun were practically useless due to a hard drive issue. Fun times.)

This is going back a couple of years, to about a few months before 1.3 hit us like a steam train.

I was doing a hardcore speedrun to Terra Blade, and had been making good time up until acquiring Excalibur. Night's Edge was crafted in only a few in-game days, with Excalibur not far behind.

Now, there are 4 things I need to mention about pre-1.3 Solar Eclipses:
1. There was no Solar Tablet in the game at that point. I would have to wait for a natural solar eclipse to happen. (1/25 chance per day)
2. Mothron wasn't in the game either - Broken Hero Swords dropped at a 1/1000 chance from Frankensteins and Swamp Things.
3. You needed 3 Broken Hero Swords to craft Terra Blade.
4. No such thing as an Enchanted Sundial at the time.

As you can imagine, the RNG was strongly against me, and this was no different. With a 1/25 chance for a natural solar eclipse, I had to wait over 20 in-game days to even have one attempt at the Solar Eclipse (over 8 hours - well and truly killed the possibility of a good time).

Imagine my disappointment when I realised my haul for that one eclipse had only been 1 Broken Hero Sword out the 3 required. I had hauled 3 Broken Hero Swords from single pre-1.3 Solar Eclipses before, and this just killed my drive to continue the run at all.

(Plus, all the recordings I had made for the speedrun were practically useless due to a hard drive issue. Fun times.)
Hmm... reminds me of that one time I made a flat area in my world and went to dinner with my family... Apparently 1 solar eclipse occurred while my character was sitting there... luckily I didn't die (as much as you would think) thanks to my summons... Other than that nothing really came out of the eclipse, and I missed my chance to get the Deadly Sphere Staff...

once i accidentally took out all of my money from my piggy bank in an expert world. all of it. and then when i was in hell i accidentally let a voodoo demon drop the doll into lava. the wof killed me and took my 3 PLATINUM away into the depths of hell, never to return

I once had a queen bee spawn as soon as I did. I was using a new account. I instantly died.

I spawned in [again], and that night, I had a blood moon. Then a slime rain. Then King Slime.

The queen bee thing happened to me before, and I thought "Eh, it'll never happen again."

Worst terraria experience so far.

I used to find pyramids in every single world i created and it was AWESOME!!!! now after 1 month and about 100 worlds later, I can't find ONE DAMN PYRAMID THIS SUX

I think I haven't understood your post, but I'm pretty sure the Rod of Discord doesn't burn in lava. Its quality is too high for that.

the weird reason i can never dig to hell nor can i find a bee hive
or why the angler gives me the hardest quests with the trashiest loot
[doublepost=1512246569,1512246468][/doublepost]
Frostbrand and toy sled, never seen them, but hey, i have like 4 or 5 enchanted swords, and 10+ of every mold.
Frostbrand was my first hardmode sword, heh.

Back When I didn't know rod of discords burned away in lava. I still cry myself to sleep.

Problem was it fell into lava and it was too deep for me to get without dying. I'm a very lazy person potion wise. :L

So for me it burned away. Matter of speech I guess. oops.

The one time i see a truffle worm in the underground mushroom biome is when i FORGET TO BRING MY BUG NET. I have yet to encounter another one.

Deleting my possesed axe on accident cuz im playing on mobile and they dont have the favourite option
In new BTW:p

I found two golden bunnies at the same time. Sounds good, right?

Well, yeah. Except that this was a new character in a new world and I didn't have a bug net yet.

20 gold right down the drain...

Having done the Pumpkin Moon event, and in everyone one of last half dozen waves before morning, 5 Pumpkings would spawn every time as fast I could kill them, in which case my character would be routed several times causing him to drop how-ever-many platinum pieces in-regards to what he originally had of 35, and losing all but 1 gold, some silver, and copper.

Back
Top Bottom