Votes: 10 1.7%
  • Hammers

Votes: 88 14.6%

• Total voters
Now with support banner!

Pots and Boulders.png

And the code

Code:
[URL=http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/pots-and-boulders-more-ways-to-kill-you-sprites.11636/][IMG]http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/pots-and-boulders-png.28408/[/IMG][/URL]

As for copper coin sack, you may as well be better off killing slimes and selling gel and mushrooms, as the only time it will actually have value is VERY early game, but then you won't really any mobility items, so chasing this thing would be basically impossible and you would be wasting your time c: up it to like 500 copper coins or somthin

As for copper coin sack, you may as well be better off killing slimes and selling gel and mushrooms, as the only time it will actually have value is VERY early game, but then you won't really any mobility items, so chasing this thing would be basically impossible and you would be wasting your time c: up it to like 500 copper coins or somthin
It only has a 100 health <.<

and would be much more common of course.

[edit] I'm dropping the health to 60

I think the pots and bags of gold look kinda boring as enemies, at least the mimics have teeth, the pots and bags lack any character at all.

I think the pots could be some sort of grotesque monster inside the pot, that sticks out through the top
the money bags could be like those sheet ghosts maybe.

idunno, anything would be better than the simple hopping.

Speaking o
I think the pots and bags of gold look kinda boring as enemies, at least the mimics have teeth, the pots and bags lack any character at all.

I think the pots could be some sort of grotesque monster inside the pot, that sticks out through the top

The hopping looks fine to me.

I was trying to make those look more derpy than menacing. I'll make the corruption and crimson (and possibly spider) a bit more....interesting

And as for the money bags, I tried to make them look as close to the current coin stashes they mimic, but I'll see what I can do.

I like the current pots and coin caches for this suggestion. They're both mesmerizing and would be fun to see just in the world running/jumping away/towards you.

I was trying to make those look more derpy than menacing. I'll make the corruption and crimson (and possibly spider) a bit more....interesting

And as for the money bags, I tried to make them look as close to the current coin stashes they mimic, but I'll see what I can do.
I'm not saying the hopping is bad, I mean the enemies lack character. the mimic has teeth, making it look more monstrous. Something like that.

those were just examples of what I would have done.

I'm not saying the hopping is bad, I mean the enemies lack character. the mimic has teeth, making it look more monstrous. Something like that.

those were just examples of what I would have done.
Mimics are supposed to have teeth because they are monsters, coin bags flee from you so they are probably just enchanted coin bags (by the wizard) to troll you, not to kill you. So they ain't really monsters.
Have the coin bags try to PURPOSELY run into lava :3, if there's any near. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I really love the look of the various Boulder Giants. In fact, they remind me of one of my races in my stories. Might use them for reference for when describing them.

Might add that they also remind me of the Regi Pokemon from.... well... Pokemon.

Oh my Red yes. So much yes. I love all of it.
index.php

If Dungeon Pot Mimics are dropping Ectoplasm, they need to spawn post-Plantera, not just in Hardmode. You might want to clarify that in the main post. ;)

If I may suggest a change to Coin Bag Mimics, I think you should reduce the amount dropped on death, and substitute it for coins that are dropped when they take damage. For example, the Bag o' Gold would drop 40 Coins on death, but then drop a Gold Coin for every 150 damage it sustains.

Anyways, I can't help but see an opportunity to exchange goods with this one. Could you feature some content from a couple of threads of mine?
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/mimic-improvement-making-them-better-at-mimicry.1519/ --Just general improvement on making Mimics better at hiding. Would apply to this thread as well, since these guys would have the same problems blending in that Chest Mimics do.
http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...hazards-obstacles-improvements-and-more.2267/ -- Scroll down to the bit that mentions Lihzahrd Statue Mimics and read on from there. Just an idea I had. ;)

In return, I could feature you Lihzahrd Pot Mimics in the thread above, and I can also feature your Underworld Boulder Giant in my post-Mech Hell Expansion thread, because technically post-Plantera is still post-Mech, and because they would contribute to Hell being altogether less sucky. :)

Finally, I'm getting Cenx in here. She has to see this.

Oh my Red yes. So much yes. I love all of it.
index.php

If Dungeon Pot Mimics are dropping Ectoplasm, they need to spawn post-Plantera, not just in Hardmode. You might want to clarify that in the main post. ;)

If I may suggest a change to Coin Bag Mimics, I think you should reduce the amount dropped on death, and substitute it for coins that are dropped when they take damage. For example, the Bag o' Gold would drop 40 Coins on death, but then drop a Gold Coin for every 150 damage it sustains.

Anyways, I can't help but see an opportunity to exchange goods with this one. Could you feature some content from a couple of threads of mine?
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/mimic-improvement-making-them-better-at-mimicry.1519/ --Just general improvement on making Mimics better at hiding. Would apply to this thread as well, since these guys would have the same problems blending in that Chest Mimics do.
http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...hazards-obstacles-improvements-and-more.2267/ -- Scroll down to the bit that mentions Lihzahrd Statue Mimics and read on from there. Just an idea I had. ;)

In return, I could feature you Lihzahrd Pot Mimics in the thread above, and I can also feature your Underworld Boulder Giant in my post-Mech Hell Expansion thread, because technically post-Plantera is still post-Mech, and because they would contribute to Hell being altogether less sucky. :)

Finally, I'm getting Cenx in here. She has to see this.
Gosh darnit, I forgot to mention your better mimicry thread! I was actually planning to mention it, but somehow I forgot to do that
index.php
I’ll add that to the OT. And as for the dropping coins on hit, I love that idea and it would probably fit more with the mob.

goodybag.png

This is awesome! The only thing I could even complain about is the Surtr Sword's lava effect, I think it should fire projectiles that behave like lava instead. Maybe something like greek fire projectiles that slide across the ground instead of stopping in place.

Back
Top Bottom