Question about fishing and zephyr fish

Heckbanom

Terrarian
Title explains it all. I have a question about zephyr fish, What are the odds of getting the fish? with a reinforced fishing pole, a fishing potion and master bait? i'm asking because I got one of these rare boys.

upload_2019-7-23_20-14-59.png

edit: and a few minutes after posting this i get a reaver shark with apprentice bait

Last edited:
Based on the wiki the zephyr fish summons a flying fish pet. You are very lucky because the odds the gain it from fishing is roughtly 1 to 2666 (0,00038 %) with a reiforced pole only.

Based on the wiki the zephyr fish summons a flying fish pet. You are very lucky because the odds the gain it from fishing is roughtly 1 to 2666 (0,00038 %) with a reiforced pole only.
Keep in mind they have bait and a fishing potion. By my math they had a 1/168 chance per reel, 1/192 considering line breaking. It would also take an average of 2 2/3 seconds for the line to bob. Assuming you miss no bobs and take 1/2 seconds after each one to extend and retract the rod, it would take about 9 1/3 minutes to get the fish.

Reinforced pole, Master Bait and a fishing potion adds up to 80 fishing power as a base. With some time/weather bonuses, it's not too hard to get above 100 ("prime time" or full moon+rain each get you +30%, and the latter offers partial credit). So it's not unreasonable to catch one occasionally.

Back
Top Bottom