Sequential activation of fountains

Nancok

Skeletron Prime
Ok i will make this quick, i have problems with one of my crations, i put all the fountains in one place and the idea is to make them activate in order, would be something like: A is activated, A activates B and B deactivates A, then B activates C and C deactivates B, and it goes back to activating A.

Pretty much thats my problem, theres isnt a way to make it work like i want to?

You could use chained timers like this, with fountains in place of torches:
LegitimateDrearyHammerheadbird.gif

They must be all the same timer value (1, 3, 5 second).
Wire colours must alternate (as shown).
You can have many more than 4 in a loop.
You can have an activation pattern that bounces back and forth, instead, by removing the loop wire (long blue).
For longer than 5 second delay between each fountain, add extra timer links between each stage.

Activating 2 timers at once (with the starting switch) can determine the direction the activation train travels around the loop (in the same direction the wire pulse travels). It's generally easy to figure out the mechanics on a bare minimal experimental setup (like this) and then transpose the results into the complicated or bigger mechanism afterwards.

Helpful?

You can have an activation pattern that bounces back and forth, instead, by removing the loop wire (long blue).
For longer than 5 second delay between each fountain, add extra timer links between each stage.

Activating 2 timers at once (with the starting switch) can determine the direction the activation train travels around the loop (in the same direction the wire pulse travels). It's generally easy to figure out the mechanics on a bare minimal experimental setup (like this) and then transpose the results into the complicated or bigger mechanism afterwards.

Helpful?

Thanks this had worked pretty good now my secret rainbow sanctuary is finally done, you saved my creation :happy:

Helpful?
Hello, can you post a screenshot of the wiring of this ? I really need this in some of my buildings

Hello, can you post a screenshot of the wiring of this ? I really need this in some of my buildings
This was 4, no wait, 5 years ago, safe to say that i don't have the world anymore
The design was essentially this, if i remember correctly:
Place a red cable that connects the fountain to a 1 second timer
Place a blue cable that connects the first timer to the fountain AND another (turned OFF) timer
Repeat with yellow
What happens is that one timer activates the other, and the newly activated timer turns off the previous one, here is a diagram i made in paint.
Sin título.png

Again, this was 5 years ago, this may not be the exact answer

Back
Top Bottom