1. For issues you find with the Console 1.3 release, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    A FAQ with notes and workarounds can be found HERE. Please check this first to see if this helps your issue.

Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Discussion in 'Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio' started by ClearConscious, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Thread was lock by: Aurora3500
Reason: New Annoncement on Status of Console Development
Lock date: 19:55 22-01-2018
  1. JawsClaws

JawsClaws Terrarian

If they release the update tomorrow then you know that pipeworks made a deal with sony to release updates a month before xbox

11770 likes this.
  2. PlasmaFrog28

PlasmaFrog28 Terrarian

That doesn't really answer my question. Compare it to when No Man's Sky was delayed for a month or two from the original date. That was 3 years from the announcement, and people already lost their minds for waiting another 2 months, but were fine with waiting 3 years. It just doesn't make sense.
    I don't know where you got that idea but that's unrealistic

3. The_BAE_Of_Gravity

The_BAE_Of_Gravity Terrarian

Honestly a deal with Microsoft would of been more believable, after all the first game under the new games section in the Xbox one store is after all Minecraft...

4. Proto Persona

Proto Persona Brain of Cthulhu

More like completely fabricated. @JawsClaws did you have a source for this idea? That doesn't sound like the kind of thing any company could hide and get away with. If there had been any kind of deal it would have been announced already.

5. TheFriendless1

TheFriendless1 Terrarian

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS EVEN THOUGH IT ALREADY PASSED IIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSS TERRARIA 1.3EEEEEEEEEEEEE
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 13, 2018, Original Post Date: Jan 13, 2018 ---
    Life or death for some people.

6. Natsufire

Natsufire Terrarian

Hasn't come out and im still not pissed cus i have overwatch and i can wait x

7. Blayke Hellmuth

Blayke Hellmuth Terrarian

Positive vibes all around patience is key to things like this

A Good Man and Project echo like this.
  8. A Good Man

A Good Man Plantera

Actually, I think @JawsClaws has a point. The 1.3 update was released on the 14th of december for PS4. Tomorrow's the 14th of January. If what he is saying is true, it will be exactly one month that the PS4 update has been released.

ThePoptartPegasus likes this.
  9. PlasmaFrog28

PlasmaFrog28 Terrarian

Yeah but saying something like "Pipeworks confirmed exclusive updates first for Playstation" is silly.

ThePoptartPegasus likes this.
  10. A Good Man

A Good Man Plantera

I get what you're saying, but I'm trying to say that you just never know.

11. Tunnel King

Tunnel King Administrator Staff Member Administrator

This is utterly ridiculous and absolutely false.

If you choose to not believe the actual explanations for the delays, that's your business, but making up ridiculous conspiracies like this needs to stop.

12. SonowRaevius

SonowRaevius Terrarian

As a person that plays on playstation I Am going to give my 2 cents here.
    You can say it would be better if they just let it go out already, but when the game keeps crashing randomly and I keep losing progress it wasn't fun, not to mention some of the new items either don't work, don't load right, or again, cause a crash.
    While playable, I still would have had it later than sooner.

13. JellyMantis

JellyMantis Skeletron Prime

i know, its weird

14. Nilruin

Nilruin Terrarian

People like you spend little time actually reading the comments in this thread. Few people are upset about the XBOX ONE update being delayed. Most of us are angry at the update being a broken mess on PS4.

It's funny, I've been ranting about it for days, yet I've heard no response from the community manager or moderators about the ETA of a bugfix patch. I've only been told that I'm being "negative".

We're not friends here. The developers and moderators are treating the forums like an echochamber, not a place for criticism. Your mentality is the reason why we're in this mess. Stop coddling everyone. Life doesn't work like that.

Yeah, okay. If that's how you want to spin this mess, so be it.

And people wonder why some of us are upset at Pipeworks/Re-Logic.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  15. Nilruin

Nilruin Terrarian

• Addressing rude behaivor with rude behavior of your own is not acceptable. Do not insult other members. You have lost your privlages to post on this Thread.
    It's a little ironic that you act like an adult when you can't speak like one. It's like taking a bite out of a sandwich and finding a taco shell under the meat.

Salazar and CantQuitThisLife like this.
  16. PlasmaFrog28

PlasmaFrog28 Terrarian

Well I haven't been around here for long to fully understand the situation, but I can see why it'd be hard to tell someone something that potentially will irritate them, especially when they have an attitude. If you look at it in their perspective, they didn't expect this bug to pop out. It's strange that the PS4 edition was exempt from the issue, but then again, I don't know a lot about coding.

17. Nilruin

Nilruin Terrarian

Being cautious about telling the community for your game something is wrong just because a few might get upset is the exact behavior that I'm chastising. Pipeworks was not ready for a project of this scale, and they haven't exactly handled the failed launch that well either.

Salazar likes this.
  18. PlasmaFrog28

PlasmaFrog28 Terrarian

Ok I get that. Maybe a clear idea or goal for how they would address the xbox issue would be better.. But this update has rewritten the game. Using the same x86 architecture and codebase from the PC and putting it on consoles, along with optimizations. Most developers would just do it as a new game instead of updating the source. It's a large update, larger than what 1.2 was for it a few years ago. There's bound to be issues and bugs, they just weren't expecting this specific one.

19. Nilruin

Nilruin Terrarian

I don't care about the XBOX issue. I care about the game actually being playable, which right now, it is not. I know there would've been bugs, it's common sense. What doesn't make any sort of sense to me is how they could spend months on bug testing and still release this mess. It's like they don't have a QA department.

Salazar likes this.
  20. That literally makes no sense, the game is 6 years old, it's not exactly flying off the shelves so Sony wouldn't care to get it first.

Criddle and BlooFuzzehKing94 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.