1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Discussion in 'Console - 505 Games/Pipeworks Studio' started by ClearConscious, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Thread was lock by: Aurora3500
Reason: New Annoncement on Status of Console Development
Lock date: 19:55 22-01-2018
  1. Proto Persona

Proto Persona The Destroyer

Pretty much. Xbox was already being shortened to XB by most folks, so XB One became Xbone. Xbone is also funnier than XB1.

Eclair The Majin likes this.
  2. Eclair The Majin

Eclair The Majin Skeletron

I usually go with xone as Xbox is one word and not x box

3. Project echo

Project echo Eye of Cthulhu

I see that there are a few ways of saying Xbox one I will stick with “Xbox 1” It just seems all right but that’s just what I think

4. Proto Persona

So is Playstation, but we abbreviate that as PS. English is weird.

5. colincoo6

colincoo6 Plantera

The reason PlayStation abbreviates like that is because the capitals Play station or PS.
    ————————————————————
    I’m really hoping Xbox one 1.3 comes within the next few weeks :p

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  6. The Solar God

The Solar God Plantera

They will be in “a few weeks”

7. Knight of ni

Knight of ni Terrarian

Sitting listening to The Kinks Tired of waiting for you lol
    Damn I hate how much I wanna play this update =(

8. Proto Persona

Back in the age of the original Xbox everyone spelled it XBox. Either way I think the abbreviations have more to do with phonetic sounds than anything. We like to break things up at the places that sound like words.

9. FEARxTH3xWOLF

FEARxTH3xWOLF Terrarian

I had a dream last night about the xbox update for terraria that was too good to be true. In my dream the update was an instant download, the console ui remained but was somehow mixed with pc ui, and I went from starting over to defeating the moon lord in five minutes.

10. MelonTheMadMan

MelonTheMadMan Terrarian

"Soon" it won't be "Soon" and it will be out after the long "Soon" we had to wait

11. Daddy Chance

Daddy Chance Terrarian

Hi please any update any thing at all?

12. Calen

Calen Skeletron Prime

Why keep asking for news? They have said they will give us news when they have some. Asking for news that doesn't exist just frustrates things. It's not like they are sitting there deliberately not giving out any news; that wouldn't be in anyone's interest.

Proto Persona likes this.
  13. TerraShan

TerraShan Terrarian

id say about the 7 days away

14. Zeek420

Zeek420 Terrarian

So do we have an estimate on when the lost worlds will be fixed?
    Also will there be a way to get them back?
    I lost my maim world and it was overwritten with a world that was completely destroyed...i lost 99% of my good gear, not to mention progression.
    Alsp would it matter if the world was Legacy? (Which it was)

15. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

I think we will hear an update on things soon.

Though I suspect some others may share your sentiment - we did not want to have that be a consideration. Granted, world conversions have not worked as smoothly for everyone as desired... but taking that away altogether just seemed like a bad idea.

Indeed, some of the issues are tied to legacy worlds. Not to get too far into the weeds there, but some of the root causes are just simply bizarre - including some long-standing nuances within the old version that I'm not sure anyone knew about at the time. Anyway, a lot of that has been found and addressed in the coming update.

On the whole "when was Terraria a 'complete game'" debate - it was a complete game all along. For many of us, we thought it was "done" circa 1.1, even. There is a difference between "complete/full" and "everything". For example, had Terraria stopped at 1.2 across the board, not one single person would be saying it wasn't a full/complete game. So, in the absolute, I suspect we would get 100% agreement on that point - meaning that objectively, this is pretty much fact. Using the relative argument that this is a full game but not exactly the same as another doesn't refute that fact. Also this is not and was never an Early Access game... so by definition, it was complete on day one.

Also, we do not control pricing on console/mobile like we can on Steam/PC. No way around that.

That said, we have been, are, and will be happy to keep bringing content to our community for no charge (and trust me, these 'free' updates certainly have a pretty large cost). Not saying we are a charity - but even at 20 bucks, Terraria is a really great value for your gaming dollar. Just because we have purposely chosen not to slowly raise the PC price (say, to match Minecraft's model), that again does not refute the objective standard of evaluation. Regardless, we are committed to getting as much to everyone as we possibly can (usually limited only by hardware constraints).

Not really looking to debate this, just sharing some perspective. :)

Terraria is a complex beast under the hood. I think many people see the relatively simple visual style and equate that to a simple game overall. When you sit back and think about the sheer number of variables at play though, it is a coding and testing nightmare. I do not know if they underestimated it or not - but I will say that in my time around the community, many people do.

Heh. Pretty much standard for any thread like this. Not a big deal. :p

It is worth repeating that this version doesn't solely rely on a couple of selectable schemes/layouts. Console players finally get full remappable controls - so feel free to make your own style.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  16. Melee_Man87

Melee_Man87 Terrarian

I love this game. Played Tarraria on the Xbox 360 and now on Xbox one. I can't wait for the update. Later players

Gamma Sandwich and 8bitminerman like this.
  17. Terraria Freak

Terraria Freak Skeletron Prime

Seems to me like you're quite active now (you were also on the PS4 release pages, recently). Is that a positive sign? Could this be Loki trying to withstand his name, 'Low-Key'? Maybe 'Low-Key' is speaking for CC. Whadya guys think?

Sorry for the bad pun, I just had to.

BTW, you repeated your answers a couple of times.

18. Calen

Calen Skeletron Prime

Maybe he does stand up to his name, being the Norse god of mischief lol. Or an unethical Asgard.

19. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

I am sharing what I can based on what I know. We are more involved on the console side than we have been in the past - so we are trying to help out our partners at 505/PW on this front where we can as well. That said, they will always know more and have the latest and greatest info.

Yes, my internet is a "joy and a pleasure" here.... sorry about that.

Unethical? Nah. I do enjoy some good natured mischief though. ;)

20. TrackxWD3

TrackxWD3 Terrarian

What about bug updates? Those would be nice

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.