Game Mechanics Summoner Weapon Slot

Is this an improvement?

• Yeah!

Votes: 45 86.5%
  • No, and I can tell you why.

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters
I think this would be awesome.
And you would not be forced to use it, in case you really like resummoning everything every time you start playing or die thanks to the small defense summoning armor has.

My only problem would be that only the automatically summoned minions could be dyed but that's already better than not being able to dye them at all

I think this would be awesome.
And you would not be forced to use it, in case you really like resummoning everything every time you start playing or die thanks to the small defense summoning armor has.

My only problem would be that only the automatically summoned minions could be dyed but that's already better than not being able to dye them at all
I thought the dye slot would cover all minions summoned by the player? (and quite possibly turrets as well)

I support this! There is that mana issue, though... Maybe summoners could have the mana cost removed or something. Not sure whether that would make the whole thing unbalanced though.

Yeah. Might as well do this. You usually want at least one summon lingering around to help with some enemies or give more of a warning or whittle down threats that would otherwise be too difficult to manage:cool:

Yeah. Might as well do this. You usually want at least one summon lingering around to help with some enemies or give more of a warning or whittle down threats that would otherwise be too difficult to manage:cool:
I agree even though each of my characters follow a theme regardless of if they would have more then one minion slot or not if there is any summon weapon that fits their theme they will summon as many minions as possible before switching to their actual weapons

Frankly I think the entire summoner system needs a big rework, as it isn't really playable in any interesting way as it works now. I'm very happy with the recent targeting system, but it's really not enough. Though while we've got it working as it does, this suggestion would be a nice addition.

Only one problem - how would you handle targeting enemies if you aren't holding the item? Would it be a new keybind, because that seem cumbersome..

Taking into consideration everything that everyone said, i am simply against this idea. Even considering you can dye your minions.

Why, you may ask? Because it does not make complete sense. Below i will list all my concerns and suggestions:
  1. Firstly, light pets and pets do not use mana. They are like vanity items that can be turned on and off without any consequences (maybe losing light). Summons on the other hand cost mana and multiple summons cost a lot of mana. You could change a world not having enough mana to get all of the summons on. Mana is not the issue here, unless you swap your summons constantly.
  2. Secondly, after summoning all your minions, you technically never have to resummon them (unless you die or exit world). This means that the mana cost is taken once. I think most players if they dabble with summons, they rarely go past 2 to 4 minions. I do realize there are people who use staves to get the minions in specific spots (mostly the last one eh?), but it's not that of a common practice and can be done with and without the slot.
  3. Thirdly, some people tend to juggle their accessories to get the best modifiers for their summons. This means that at the time of their summoning, they force higher dps on minions on the cost of defense, mobility, etc. Having a slot would invalidate that and still make you change accessories to get the best buffs on your minions.
  4. Lastly, the problem i DO see is having to resummon your minnions every time you die or exit a world.

Ladies and gentleman, I have one simple solution for all your problems. Make minions stop despawning when you die or exit world. This way you don't have to resummon them over and over again, can continue fighting the invasions/bosses instantly like other classes and the setting (accessories worn and their advantages) you chose stays like you never died. You can always despawn your minions (click on icons) or change them however you like, but they would persist like regular pets.

It does seem redundant to have a special slot that only one class can use. I get that anybody can use a summon, but it still only supports the summon class of weapons.

No support.

I think to solve the problem, we could just have minions auto respawn, or some feature on a staff or something.

Back
Top Bottom