Game Mechanics Summoner Weapon Slot

Is this an improvement?

• Yeah!

Votes: 45 86.5%
  • No, and I can tell you why.

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters
This gives summoners the advantage of having a few free slots in their hotbar!
I've played a lot of Summoner, and from my experience, you tend not to carry your staff in the hotbar unless you need to jump right back into the action, like in an event. Also, it's only one slot.
[DOUBLEPOST=1449807659,1449807395][/DOUBLEPOST]
Forgets that some people use several minions. I usually combo my stardust dragon with ravens. No thanks.

I think that there should be a summoner weapon slot(complete with dye slot) that causes the staff in it to always have the maximum number of minions being used at all times. This is useful because it is easy to forget to resummon them after death.

You can override it manually by using any other summoner weapon.

Seriously, Snails, edit the OP so this part is at least this obvious so we get less of these annoying posts.

How exactly was my post annoying? It is my opinion on this. And just so you know, this slot would be completely useless if we have to either way use another summoning weapon, as the slot would already be filled. This is not needed.

I've played a lot of Summoner, and from my experience, you tend not to carry your staff in the hotbar unless you need to jump right back into the action, like in an event. Also, it's only one slot.
[DOUBLEPOST=1449807659,1449807395][/DOUBLEPOST]

Seriously, Snails, edit the OP so this part is at least this obvious so we get less of these annoying posts.
I bolded it. Hopefully people will read the 3-ish sentences that my suggestion consists of. x-x

How exactly was my post annoying? It is my opinion on this. And just so you know, this slot would be completely useless if we have to either way use another summoning weapon, as the slot would already be filled. This is not needed.
Did you even read the OP, or my quote where I bolded the point that using another summon weapon will OVERRIDE current summons as needed!? Your opinion is uninformed, and therefore wrong. Read that main point, then tell me why this is still a bad idea.

Everyone take a breath and calm down a little bit, please. People may not be failing to read the opening post and instead do not agree that the line in the OP covers their concerns. Perhaps take this as an opportunity to expand the suggest and explain how the situation of using multiple types of summons would be handled. Repeatedly accusing other members of not reading the OP when they voice their concerns does nothing to improve the suggestion or to gather support.

That said, it is strongly suggested that those providing criticism explain how the suggestion could be improved and not simply tear ideas down or post 'I don't support' without any explanation as to why.

Alright. So I'm pretty sure this is basically what he means:

Currently the system seems to be one where using one staff will only replace another if the weapon itself has higher priority over the other. I've tested this with Stardust Cell and Dragon: Cell will only replace another cell when using both, where Dragon will replace Cells until only the Dragon remains. That will be changed so that, if you have a Staff in the Staff slot and your summons are maxed, used Staffs always have higher priority, so that if, say, you had a Stardust Dragon Staff in the Summon slot and used a Stardust Cell, it would replace a segment of the Dragon with a Cell summon, which could be repeated until you have as many Cells as you need. Assuming you have 8 summon slots, on spawn, either all at once or over time, the Dragon would spawn with 8 segments automatically. No need to worry about remembering to resummons or having to dodge attacks while doing so. Then, as soon as you're safe enough to do so, you can just pull out your Cell Staff and spawn, say, four Cells. Each would automatically replace a Dragon segment. You can keep yourself safe, and actually save time mixing minions because you don't have to switch staves. Four Dragon segments are already summoned, the other four will automatically be overwritten. No drawbacks, only improvements.

Here are some issues I see with this proposal:
  1. This would mean that summoners would not actually have to summon anything, it would be done automatically.
  2. the other slots for hooks/minecarts make sense because I'd never want to use them manually, I can see myself summoning the too many star cells and needing to replace a few with dragon parts (or vice versa) putting it in a seperate slot makes that difficult.
  3. Either you bypass the mana cost to summoning or the mana gets used immediately upon spawning which I am not a fan of (9 minions * 10 mana for a stardust cell = 90 mana drain)
So sorry you don't have my support for a summon slot, but what if a minion was summoned when you use quick buff?
That would instead mean:
  1. Non-summoner players could basically treat the summon item as a potion that never runs out
  2. Summoner players could spam the buff button to get their hoard / flock of minions.
  3. if multiple staffs are present quick buff would try to use one that is not already used (so it can grant the buff!)

I have to agree with the people who say this would interfere with having multiple minions. Even if you can override it, last I checked, summoning still uses up mana. On the other hand, it can be frustrating to die and forget to summon because you don't have to do it often, leaving a gap in your defences. I wouldn't be opposed to a slot to summon a single minion, and/or a "quick summon" hotkey.

this is such a great idea! i'm extremely forgetful (ADD, thou art a :red:) and i never remember to summon my little buddies until it's too late. i know my little server squad would also benefit from this (we're all really bad at remembering...everything.)

As a primarily summoner player, I support this.
The absolute first thing I do, regardless of what I'm doing, is re-summon all of my minions. ESPECIALLY during an Invasion.
Normally, this leaves me undefended, as I have to switch over to the staff, resummon my minions, and dodge enemy attacks (Curse you, Goblin Summoner).
Not having to manually resummon them would make things so much easier, as I don't need to have magic immediately available to get out of my spawn area so I can better dodge enemy attacks.

For instances when I am not being invaded, there is little reason for me to need my mana at full power immediately. Chances are, I'm either derping around my base for a bit before running off into the wild blue yonder, or I'm busy riding the rails/running and swinging my sword while going toward my destination, which tends to be relatively far from my spawn point in the middle of the map.

I mean, what are the chances that, in the middle of my base, at my spawn point, I will absolutely need to have my mana all of the way up when I'm literally going to start summoning my minions right freaking then and there?

Back
Top Bottom