Terraria 1.3.0.7 - Mac & Linux Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
ThanksForListening.jpg

Who has played the beta version? The first time I played there was a music bug. Where the music was not enlisted in its correct biome. Who experienced that?

how do i switch from my open beta version of terraria to the finally finished full release of the mac version without loosing my characters and worlds? the tab under "properties" which was named "beta's" is not there any more and i am no longer able to switch versions. Do i have to re download the game or is there another way? someone please help, thank you/

how do i switch from my open beta version of terraria to the finally finished full release of the mac version without loosing my characters and worlds? the tab under "properties" which was named "beta's" is not there any more and i am no longer able to switch versions. Do i have to re download the game or is there another way? someone please help, thank you/
Just renaming it would fix it.

I believe that you can just install the released version and keep going. The world and player files are not affected by installing/uninstalling the game through Steam; they are stored in a separate folder location. If you wanted to make sure, just make a backup of those files before doing the new install.

In a Interview Red stated he was thinking of making a Creative mode.
Edit: Here is the link. http://www.pcgamer.com/mod-support-and-more-frequent-updates-are-coming-to-terraria/
What the interview actually says:
Before we finish we would like to look into mod support as well as creative mode.
There's no indication that either is in active development at this time, or has a time frame for release, especially not "soon".

That's quite different from "Red is releasing creative mode soon," which I will reiterate has no factual basis at this point in time.

This is how misinformation and wild speculation gets around.

What the interview actually says:

There's no indication that either is in active development at this time, or has a time frame for release, especially not "soon".

That's quite different from "Red is releasing creative mode soon," which I will reiterate has no factual basis at this point in time.

This is how misinformation and wild speculation gets around.
Oops. Shows that I should never go on memory. This is also similar to how the "There is going to be a 4th liquid" went around.

I have Steam downloaded on my computer and I have terraria on my computer because I used to have a PC. Right now I have a Mac book Pro and I saw that terraria became available for Linux/Mac back in august so I thought I would go play it again. When I opened steam on my computer it says that terraria is not on my platform when I view the game from my steam library. When I view the game from the store, it says it is. I was wondering what is going wrong if anything that isn't allowing me to play it on my Mac

I have Steam downloaded on my computer and I have terraria on my computer because I used to have a PC. Right now I have a Mac book Pro and I saw that terraria became available for Linux/Mac back in august so I thought I would go play it again. When I opened steam on my computer it says that terraria is not on my platform when I view the game from my steam library. When I view the game from the store, it says it is. I was wondering what is going wrong if anything that isn't allowing me to play it on my Mac
You have to download and install it on your Mac to play it. Installing Steam does not automatically install all the games you own, you have to do that separately.

As long as you are connected to the same Steam account where you bought Terraria for Windows, you should NOT have to purchase it again.

eta: now that I re-read what you posted: the open beta for Mac is closed now, it's fully released on Mac. If you took the steps at listed at the beginning of the thread, you should un-do them and get the full version. If you were trying to join the beta, then that is probably why you don't see it in your library.

Once we get your issue resolved, I will likely lock the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom