Terraria 1.3.0.7 - Mac & Linux Open Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe so, I play co-op with a friend of mine who has windows quite a bit.
Just so. First thing I did with the beta was to play (badly) coop on Mac and Windows, alternating between hands for some actions, moving both characters together when I could. No problems at all. This was using host and play. Haven't tried setting up a dedicated server since I don't plan to do multiplayer except for testing.

Just so. First thing I did with the beta was to play (badly) coop on Mac and Windows, alternating between hands for some actions, moving both characters together when I could. No problems at all. This was using host and play. Haven't tried setting up a dedicated server since I don't plan to do multiplayer except for testing.
The only real problems I've encountered are annoying crashes.

The only real problems I've encountered are annoying crashes.
I didn't play long enough to run into that, just to see if it worked at all. More curiosity than anything, since nobody else here [eta: in this office, I mean] will play.
I know, that's what I tried. When my friend tried to join, the "Join Game" button was greyed out.
Don't know what to tell you, but I'll be interested to hear from people who know multi-player well.

Last edited:
I've found 4 bugs so far, but I can't post on the social group. Help!

EDIT: By 4 bugs I mean 4 possible bugs.
You have to press the 'Join' button at the top left RIGHT of the SG page, then wait for approval (as soon as I see your join request, I'll approve it).

edit: you seem to be a member already, what issue are you having with posting?

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I just bought Terraria via Steam in order to access the beta for Mac, and was wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem I ran in to.

I downloaded and installed Terraria Beta for Mac, and allowed access via Apple's System settings, but when I press "play" in Steam, a little window popped up telling me that "Terraria is being launched"... after which nothing happens. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, and I couldn't find anything in the game's properties that I could change.

Is this a known bug for the beta? Or am I missing something perhaps? Thanks! :)
(I'm on OS X 10.10.4 by the way, so I have all the latest updates installed)

Last edited:

Hello there Terrarians!

We hope that you have enjoyed your first month with Terraria 1.3. The team has been hard at work - with your help - finding and smashing bugs, and we hope that we will be able to get to any that remain over the coming weeks so that everyone has the awesome gaming experience we intended. We are releasing Terraria 1.3.0.7 today - which adds support for our Mac/Linux Beta. That said, you will still need to download new Dedicated Server Software by clicking the link below.

In parallel, as many of you know, a portion of the team - headed by @Skiphs - has been pursuing the development of Terraria for Mac & Linux. Our initial plan was to have this out during the month of July. However, as we have delved deeper into these ports - coupled with seeing how helpful the community can with finding issues/bugs - we have decided that we will conduct our first ever Open Beta around the Mac and Linux versions of Terraria!

Do note that this will not likely become our new "way" of primary testing. We figured this made a lot of sense given that there is no new content to hide (1.3 is already out), and there are simply more Mac and Linux players in our community than we could try to pull together ourselves. So, we call on you - our amazing fans - to help us finish these out!

What do you say? Are you up to the task? If you think so, read on....

IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE REMEMBER THAT BETA TESTING CAN AFFECT YOUR PLAYER AND WORLD FILES. Please manually back up all worlds and characters before participating in the Beta. While there are no known issues that would cause the loss of data, it's important to be prepared.

kdcROYP.png

Terraria Mac & Linux Open Beta Instructions

View attachment 65263

Open Steam and find Terraria on your game list.

divider.png

View attachment 65256

Right click "Terraria" and select "Properties"

divider.png

View attachment 65267

In the betas tab of the properties window, there will be a dropdown with the option for the Mac And Linux Open Beta. Select this and close the window.

divider.png

View attachment 65249

Click install, either by right clicking, or clicking the large install button on the main panel.

divider.png

View attachment 65252

Let Terraria install.

divider.png

View attachment 65245

Once finish, simply click "Play"

divider.png

View attachment 65268

Enjoy :)

kdcROYP.png

Terraria Mac & Linux Open Beta - How to Give Feedback

We will be utilizing TCF's Social Group feature to help everyone provide structured feedback. If you are participating in the Open Beta, please make sure that you join the Social Group linked below. Instructions on what is expected are located there. Please take this seriously - the Group is for feedback and testing, it is not a social outlet.

Click the Terraria 1.3 Banner Below to link directly to the Open Beta Social Group!

That said, we hope everyone has fun helping us bring Terraria for Mac & Linux to the finish line!

View attachment 65271

please make crawltipide easier to kill its to hard and make it so it doesnt kill the players so easy so it is harder for crawltipide, me and my friend thinks its to hard, so please make crawltipide easier to kill!

where do i find the maps and players folder to back them up/ send to my other computer???
Sorry if this has been asked and answered i didn't read though 25 pages of comments

where do i find the maps and players folder to back them up/ send to my other computer???
Sorry if this has been asked and answered i didn't read though 25 pages of comments
If you're on mac, it's ~/Library/Application Support Then scroll down, and you should find it.

I know this sounds stupid, but can you play the mac Terraria beta on OS 10.7 officially? Thanks.
Well, the open beta has come (or is coming) to a close. If you've a Steam account you can buy the game, and if you already own a license, it covers the Mac version as well as Windows. But I don't know whether you can still opt into the beta, which is required to download the OS X version. And I don't know whether it will run on OS X 10.7. Unfortunately "10.7" is too short a string to use for a forum search.

[eta] Aha! I missed this announcement:

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-1-3-0-8-can-mac-linux-come-out-play.30287/

So officially, it's "Mac: OSX 10.10 64bit, OSX 10.9.5 64 bit". Which doesn't mean it can't be run on older versions, just that it's not officially supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom