Console Terraria Console Bugs & Issues Status

Thanks for the answer

Update!! Only slime staff doe there aren't any others before I got my pygmy staff that is bugged.
I can fight same mob as the pygmy does. With slime staff I can't hurt the mobs. Totale wrong place but I can finnaly play on the ios version again nice work ppl! !

So I tried the pc version the last days and I can confirm for sure that slime staff on ps4 is a no good use for new players! On pc and ios and mobile slime staff work fine:) it does it jobb on console but makes it kinda useless when it only makes mobs immune to ur attacks. So all my fellow terrarians on console just wait until u get pygmy staff for some good help;)

Bug, Xbox 260 Version: Even though I turned the MUSIC volume to 0, sometimes it will still start playing. The only way to turn it off is to turn the music back up, go back to the game, then go back in the settings to turn the music off, then go back to the game.

Bug, Xbox 260 Version: Even though I turned the MUSIC volume to 0, sometimes it will still start playing. The only way to turn it off is to turn the music back up, go back to the game, then go back in the settings to turn the music off, then go back to the game.
Funny thing, I happened to face a similar problem last time I played. In that case, the game was aware of the volume changes and things were brought back to normal.

This is a bug for Xbox Transfering. I recently transferred a Xbox 360 save to the Xbox One. (Character and world) Everytime I try to load up the transferred character with the transferred world the game completely crashes and unable to play. `:cry:
[DOUBLEPOST=1451033131,1451033000][/DOUBLEPOST]

Did you try opening the presents up in your inventory instead of the hotbar?
This is a bug for Xbox Transfering. I recently transferred a Xbox 360 save to the Xbox One. (Character and world) Everytime I try to load up the transferred character with the transferred world the game completely crashes and unable to play.
actually it looks pretty awesome when it does that. I like the red eyes. makes him more menacing.
This is a bug for Xbox Transfering. I recently transferred a Xbox 360 save to the Xbox One. (Character and world) Everytime I try to load up the transferred character with the transferred world the game completely crashes and unable to play. `:cry:
[DOUBLEPOST=1451033131,1451033000][/DOUBLEPOST]

Did you try opening the presents up in your inventory instead of the hotbar?

I also have a similar problem where my 360 save that transferred just crash the game when I try to load it up except it doesn't matter which character I use,the game still crashes. I have no idea how to fix it.

So I tried the pc version the last days and I can confirm for sure that slime staff on ps4 is a no good use for new players! On pc and ios and mobile slime staff work fine:) it does it jobb on console but makes it kinda useless when it only makes mobs immune to ur attacks. So all my fellow terrarians on console just wait until u get pygmy staff for some good help;)
I don't know about mobile, but I tried it on Console and PC and don't notice a huge difference. On both versions, Possessed Armors became almost perfectly immune against player attacks (Terra Blade) when 5 Baby Slimes are attacking it at the same time. It is slightly easier to get a hit in on PC, but that is probably due to Terra Blade auto-swinging in the PC version.
If you still think it's a bug, use this form to report it so the developers can take a look at it.

I agree with your assessment that the Slime Staff is pretty much useless, and it's better to wait until you get a better staff.

Its worth pointing out that the Slime Staff is an early game weapon, and not really intended for fighting enemies past mid-late pre-hardmode. Yes, it hinders combat against difficult enemies (which is its own issue), but it isn't quite designed for fighting those enemies either. Its actually an absolutely fantastic weapon for its intended tier! ;)

Perhaps there can be a more Summoner focused update later. I would love to see the Slime Staff re-balanced to be a more common drop, but perhaps worthless in terms of money.
But I'm thinking PC. I'm getting off-topic.

I don't know about mobile, but I tried it on Console and PC and don't notice a huge difference. On both versions, Possessed Armors became almost perfectly immune against player attacks (Terra Blade) when 5 Baby Slimes are attacking it at the same time. It is slightly easier to get a hit in on PC, but that is probably due to Terra Blade auto-swinging in the PC version.
If you still think it's a bug, use this form to report it so the developers can take a look at it.

I agree with your assessment that the Slime Staff is pretty much useless, and it's better to wait until you get a better staff.
So I just had a encounter with a harder mob and I couldn't hurt it but on console I can't even hurt a slime if the slime staff is attacking it;) so imma try again before I report it anyway. Thanks:)

Too bad it's so hard to get. By the time you get a Timer and a Slime Statue (the only realistic way to get it), it has become pretty much useless.
I was lucky in my case. I wasn`t even trying to get it. I don`t even know when I picked it up but I found it in my inventory one day when I came back to clear up some inventory space. I even found a second one later that I gave to a friend.
[doublepost=1461537876,1461537730][/doublepost]
I was lucky in my case. I wasn`t even trying to get it. I don`t even know when I picked it up but I found it in my inventory one day when I came back to clear up some inventory space. I even found a second one later that I gave to a friend.
I do know however that I got it sometime last December.

I don't know if this issue was reported before, but that's what happening in my world (Xbox 360):
When I connect torches to an input source (switch, lever, pressing plate, etc.) through wires and switch them off, instead of turning the light off, the torch shows something like the flame trap. This happens only when I place the torch beside a tile, like this:

Valid_House_Door.png

Edit #1
Added the video showing the bug (Sorry about the quality, that was the only way I could record it).

Last edited:
Hi, there has been a few bugs on PlayStation 4 that I have encountered, 1) When playing the frost moon/pumpkin moon with others, my friends will be on round 5 while I'm on the final wave. It delays quite a lot and me and my friends are never able to beat it because of the glitches. 2) In some of my multiplayer worlds, some of my house or building will not spawn for others and there will be a giant gap or blank spot in my house on other peoples screens but not mine, like the structure is build but it doesn't show for others. 3) PLEASE FIX THE CORRUPTING DATA BUG ON PS4, everyone once in a while the game will crash, the PlayStation will close the application and it will give an error code, then I'll load up the game again and then it says "data is corrupted" and I am required to delete my data to be able to play, and the only way to sort of actually playing without having to worry about corrupting data, I have to constantly back up or upload my data to the in game cloud so I can play the game. This glitch has happened to me and others and for the most all I know is that this is happening on ps4. Please fix this thank you

2) In some of my multiplayer worlds, some of my house or building will not spawn for others and there will be a giant gap or blank spot in my house on other peoples screens but not mine, like the structure is build but it doesn't show for others
This is caused by having too many "items" in one spot on your house, "items" include furniture and paint and possibly even the # of items in chests in that area. Try to spread stuff out and it should go away.

Any information about the release of the additionnal patch for PS Vita version ? It was supposed to be release Q1 of 2016 but we're almost at the end of april and i don't see any news about that.

I don't know if this issue was reported before, but that's what happening in my world (Xbox 360):
When I connect torches to an input source (switch, lever, pressing plate, etc.) through wires and switch them off, instead of turning the light off, the torch shows something like the flame trap. This happens only when I place the torch beside a tile, like this:

View attachment 106470

Edit #1
Added the video showing the bug (Sorry about the quality, that was the only way I could record it).

Thanks for your report. That bug is known and I have reported it in along with some other bugs. Hopefully it may even be fixed, as the ticket has been closed.

Any information about the release of the additionnal patch for PS Vita version ? It was supposed to be release Q1 of 2016 but we're almost at the end of april and i don't see any news about that.

505 posted an update about that. They will be fixing bugs until the end of this month. If everything looks good then, they will submit to MS/Sony (another 2 weeks until we get it). So, mid May hopefully. :)

Thanks for your report. That bug is known and I have reported it in along with some other bugs. Hopefully it may even be fixed, as the ticket has been closed.

505 posted an update about that. They will be fixing bugs until the end of this month. If everything looks good then, they will submit to MS/Sony (another 2 weeks until we get it). So, mid May hopefully. :)

Thanks for letting me know it was reported before and the bug happens only with left pointing torches. Let's hope they've already fixed it and soon we're getting the rest of 1.2.4 with no bugs or crashes. :)

Ok I still have the PS3/ps4 cross play problem. You guys released a patch on December 10 2014 stating that this issue was patched. I can't figure out how to join my friend's PS3 game on ps4. Please enlighten me on how this bug was patched. Furthermore; the whole selling point for me was that I could supposedly play with my friend who is 250 miles away and does not have a ps4

Ok I still have the PS3/ps4 cross play problem. You guys released a patch on December 10 2014 stating that this issue was patched. I can't figure out how to join my friend's PS3 game on ps4. Please enlighten me on how this bug was patched. Furthermore; the whole selling point for me was that I could supposedly play with my friend who is 250 miles away and does not have a ps4

What is the bug? That you can't find out how to join, or that joining doesn't work? :( I haven't heard any recurring reports of cross play not working, but I can look more.

EDIT: I see that for the majority of people, the mechanic seems to work fine, but a few people are still having issues. In my assessment, that probably means that there is a different bug causing the same result; the first one was fixed, and the second one, which has much less of an impact, went unnoticed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom