• PC NEWS: 1.4.2.3 update is out! More info here. Report bugs here
  • CONSOLE 1.4 NEWS: The current plan is to have Terraria: Journey's End out for Xbox and PlayStation in Q3 2021 (Jul-Sep). Switch will follow shortly afterwards. More info here. Stay up to date with console news here
  • MOBILE NEWS: Stay up to date with the latest mobile news here. Report mobile bugs here

Console Terraria Console Bugs & Issues Status

Cordell 224

Terrarian
My game on Xbox One is experiencing very bad lagging issues that weren't a problem with the first part of the 1.2.4 update. An image of my base area should be on screen. I've started other games and have explored other areas of the same map I'm having issues with and it seems that areas I have little to no architectural design in are not having lag issues. The game gets real bad when it's split screen. Idk if the issue is my large amounts of chests In my storage facility for all my ideas in the game or if it's the mass amounts of building materials on screen. But if anyone could help or maybe tell me or others if they are having similar issues with the new update. I don't know if anyone else has experience these issues on Xbox One or any other consoles with the second update 1.2.4.

Attachments

• IMG_1388.JPG
    IMG_1388.JPG
    468.2 KB · Views: 156
My game on Xbox One is experiencing very bad lagging issues that weren't a problem with the first part of the 1.2.4 update. An image of my base area should be on screen. I've started other games and have explored other areas of the same map I'm having issues with and it seems that areas I have little to no architectural design in are not having lag issues. The game gets real bad when it's split screen. Idk if the issue is my large amounts of chests In my storage facility for all my ideas in the game or if it's the mass amounts of building materials on screen. But if anyone could help or maybe tell me or others if they are having similar issues with the new update. I don't know if anyone else has experience these issues on Xbox One or any other consoles with the second update 1.2.4.
probably the chests. do have them named to? that might eat away at your ram to

Bilgewat3r

Plantera
I don't know if this would go here or not but it definitely seems like a bug/issue to me.

Xbox 360/PS3/etc consoles won't be updated after the next update

miss_you_75

Terrarian
I don't know if this has been posted before, but on Xbox One I have an issue when crafting Copper Platings. You craft 1 Copper Plating with 1 Stone Block and 1 Copper Ore. The problem is that after crafting one, the marker is automatically placed where I can craft these platings out of Copper Plating Walls instead. So I have to once again move the marker to where I can craft them out of the right materials.

I don't know if this issue applies to any other crafting recipes or versjons of the game.

HadEnough

Terrarian
This is a bug that isn't mentioned here, but I've noticed that the spectre armor, (with mask) does not have a set bonus. Anyone else have this problem?

Airdragon

Terrarian
I don't know if this would go here or not but it definitely seems like a bug/issue to me.

Xbox 360/PS3/etc consoles won't be updated after the next update
Xbox 360 and PS3 will not be receiving any more updates (except one in September) due to hardware issues.

Xbox one and ps4 will recieve the 1.3 update sometime between April and June next year.

Jacklvmage12

Terrarian
So, I was wondering this for quite a while now. Is the moon lord ever going to be added into console/mobile? Me and my cousin would like a challenge and we don't have a good enough PC to play on there instead. Also, another thing i have noticed on console. I know that the spawn rate for truffle worms is low but i was there for almost 2 and a half hours going back and forth in not only a "man-made" mushroom biome but then i turned half of the jungle into a mushroom biome with the clemtaminator. Is this a bug or am I just really unlucky? If anyone knows whats going on then please let me know.

DawnOfHumansEnd

Terrarian
I sure hope you fix all of the bugs in the next update so we can have a glitch-free game.
Oh, I think for a platform specific glitch, the PS4 version's fall damage is 10X. not sure why it's happening. Fall Damage glitch (thread)

Let me test that for you... their speed in air and water is the same.

Not just Megashark, this happens to most rapid auto-fire guns. (EX: Chain gun)
Is there any talk on the terrible drop in France rate on xb1? Some of my heavily populated world's crawl painfully slow. Also the minecart tends to float through the floor...

r4v1n6

Terrarian
So, I was wondering this for quite a while now. Is the moon lord ever going to be added into console/mobile? Me and my cousin would like a challenge and we don't have a good enough PC to play on there instead. Also, another thing i have noticed on console. I know that the spawn rate for truffle worms is low but i was there for almost 2 and a half hours going back and forth in not only a "man-made" mushroom biome but then i turned half of the jungle into a mushroom biome with the clemtaminator. Is this a bug or am I just really unlucky? If anyone knows whats going on then please let me know.
Regarding Moon Lord on console/mobile, have you read the thread The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile?
As for finding Truffle Worms, yeah it's really hard. Don't know if it's a bug though. Your best bet is to build a farm. On console, the Turbo Truffle Farm by ZeroGravitas can be built relatively easily.

But still. I may as well sell my copy of the game now that we aren't getting 1.3. The problem is that I have an Xb360 and I want to get a ps4. So Now I cant cross save. This is terrible!

r4v1n6

Terrarian
But still. I may as well sell my copy of the game now that we aren't getting 1.3. The problem is that I have an Xb360 and I want to get a ps4. So Now I cant cross save. This is terrible!
It would be really nice if you could cross save between ps/xbox. Unfortunately neither Sony nor Microsoft will allow it. They don't want customers to be able to leave their 'Walled Garden' with their data. They want you to continue by bying their latest console.
There's nothing 505 or anyone else can do about it. It's simply the price you pay for getting a relatively powerful device cheaply.

Jhaeme

Terrarian
I did type in "search" for this; sorry, not reading through 47 pages for it. PS4. Naming my chests and containers. I had named a *lot* of them. Boom. Crashed. Restart. Didn't save the names. Start again. Crashes in same spot, pretty much. I did file a report through PSN, but noticed something the third time around. I have a bunch of dynasty wood chests in my "loft" (spawn room) atop my 21-NPC-room tower. I named those first, because they're all identical and I always open the wrong ones. Every time. Then, I dropped to my workroom (crafting, etc.) at the bottom. Named all the "trash cans" (just really hate the way the brown chests look, don't judge me) I use for storage and my bank. This is when I get the error message/crash. The second time, I checked my inventory first, so thought everything was good, plopped down to the basement.....nothing was named, @#$&. So I named all of the trash cans again, shuffled around inventory again, then named my bank again. It crashed. Again. Third time. This time I checked my dynasty chests at my spawn location, first. They're named. So. I guess it must have autosaved between top and bottom; I don't generally notice unless I'm about to shut down. However, it seems either naming the trash cans then the bank crashes it. Or just the bank. BUT. I named my bank up top just before popping down to the bottom the third time. No crash. So, perhaps not specifically the bank? Just that particular order of trash cans/bank? Also: dyes do NOT work. I managed one bright pink dye in my hood slot, once. Might have been a fluke. Every time I pick up a dye or stack if dyes, all of the tabs grey out, save for my inventory. I removed the snow suit the zombies dropped to try it with just armour....no love. I have the latest update. Just thought I'd let y'all know. Cheers.

Unit One

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That's correct, if you try to rename a Piggy Bank or Safe you'll crash. It is a known bug, and is on the list to be fixed. The option to rename piggy banks and safes shouldn't be there.

Jobie2439

Terrarian
This is a bug that isn't mentioned here, but I've noticed that the spectre armor, (with mask) does not have a set bonus. Anyone else have this problem?
I also have this problem and I'm pretty sure this is a glitch. I also have a problem with heartreach potions because, instead of attracting hearts, they literally make the hearts shoot away in a random direction. I qm on xbox 360, anyone else have this problem? ?

r4v1n6

Terrarian
I also have this problem and I'm pretty sure this is a glitch. I also have a problem with heartreach potions because, instead of attracting hearts, they literally make the hearts shoot away in a random direction. I qm on xbox 360, anyone else have this problem? ?
Yes, me too (360). Both are known bugs (reported earlier in this thread), and I'm pretty sure @Deanzor knows about the first one.

Crow2112

Terrarian
Have same issue with heartreach potions on PS4, as well as still not being able to play multiplayer on Xbox One. Xbox one has been ongoing since 7/8/16 patch that fixed it... Not!

Top Bottom