Terraria Future and Spoilers Discussion Thread

Which update do you think was/is the most important one so far?

Votes: 113 13.7%

Votes: 352 42.7%

Votes: 358 43.4%

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
It might be that the wire color limit is for the same reason that the current engine is restricted to 4 liquids. There's only 2 bits that can be used for liquids and very likely only 2 bits for wire colors in the engine and you can only get 4 possibilities with 2 bits (00, 01, 10, 11). That sounds like the main reason. They could add a 3rd Bit to get 8 possible liquids or Wire Colors, but it would take a long time for them since it sounds like they would have to modify the engine itself. The Liquid limit was officially confirmed by Yoraiz0r here.

I've been hearing rumors about one of the updates after 1.3.1 (Perhaps 1.3.2) being an Underworld Expansion, but where did this information come from? As far as I know I haven't heard anything from the Developers confirming that this will happen with a future update. Would someone happen to know the post where this information was posted and link it here?

So does lowering the bits increase the optimization / processor budget?

I would think that using less bits indeed improves Processing Speed and overall performance as a result. Redigit likely didn't think a lot of liquids would need to be added when he 1st made Terraria like MegaMage has said.

I've been hearing rumors about one of the updates after 1.3.1 (Perhaps 1.3.2) being an Underworld Expansion, but where did this information come from? As far as I know I haven't heard anything from the Developers confirming that this will happen with a future update. Would someone happen to know the post where this information was posted and link it here?

i'm guessing those rumors were started by the picture used for the soundtrack post, although i can't be sure.
1_3 ST Banner.png

I'm curious to how the Large Amber Gem is made. Even though I know Amber is part of the Gem family, I didn't think of it as an actual Gem like the others. It also looks like we have craftable Gem Walls as well which is very interesting.

Other than that, it looks like the Large Gems have gotten some great love with this update extending their uses beyond just Capture the Flag.

For the Pressure Plates seen in the other recent Gem Spoiler some say they are based on the Lunar Pillars and their Colors. I'm curious about other theories on these Pressure Plates as well.

So much possibilities for adventure maps. 1.3.1 will give lots of love and life to this part of gameplay.

I'd like to make adventure maps but every time the game is updated T-Edit breaks... Yeah I know I can make it in-world, but it's just much more convenient to have creator-tools. Building THINGS IN my world, I wouldn't bother cheating, but to create A WORLD to my specifications; 10,000x5,000 tiles, every biome, every room, etc. Creator tools are really needed!

I'd like to make adventure maps but every time the game is updated T-Edit breaks... Yeah I know I can make it in-world, but it's just much more convenient to have creator-tools. Building THINGS IN my world, I wouldn't bother cheating, but to create A WORLD to my specifications; 10,000x5,000 tiles, every biome, every room, etc. Creator tools are really needed!

A creator tool builder would actually be great for Terraria. That way you could make your world to exactly your specifications. I think that would be a great addition in the future actually.

Just a thought - is it possible to add continuous wire pulse along with toggle one? Like redstone signal in Minecraft. That would add even more diversity to mechanical abilities and possible circuits.

Back
Top Bottom