• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

tModLoader Terraria Overhaul - Gameplay enhancements and much more

spoopytwo

Terrarian
well ive been informed that Marsario(overhaul) and Fabsol(Calamity) dont get along so it might not get fixed, i asked the calamity but they wont listen to my request
lets just hope that one day their quarrel will fade
I mean the fact that it makes any changes to vanilla boss AI cause such a problem is kind of an indicator that maybe it's not a good functionality for a tmodloader mod, maybe they should make a standalone mod if they don't plan on trying to make it work with other big content mods

ozoahameg

Terrarian
I mean the fact that it makes any changes to vanilla boss AI cause such a problem is kind of an indicator that maybe it's not a good functionality for a tmodloader mod, maybe they should make a standalone mod if they don't plan on trying to make it work with other big content mods
well it might be true but most other content mod have their own AI and even changes vanilla AI
take calamity for example, it has about 2 AI for each vanilla boss depending if your on expert or if you have revengance turned on
[doublepost=1569282038,1569282017][/doublepost]well as long as its coded well i dont think AI will conflict with tmod

spoopytwo

Terrarian
well it might be true but most other content mod have their own AI and even changes vanilla AI
take calamity for example, it has about 2 AI for each vanilla boss depending if your on expert or if you have revengance turned on
[doublepost=1569282038,1569282017][/doublepost]well as long as its coded well i dont think AI will conflict with tmod
Then what exactly is the issue that overhaul code has with calamity's code? I feel like the whole "does dramatic drawn out death at 1hp" is kind of a really niche feature anyway and there's no reason it shouldn't be a toggle

ozoahameg

Terrarian
Then what exactly is the issue that overhaul code has with calamity's code? I feel like the whole "does dramatic drawn out death at 1hp" is kind of a really niche feature anyway and there's no reason it shouldn't be a toggle
calamity(revengance will keep the boss moving while overhaul mechanic will make the boss invincible at 1 HP ntil the animation is finished but the animation wont play cause AI from calamity is overriding it

Vlad Terrarian

The Destroyer
I am here, to say that some weapons from other mods are broken with Overhaul mod installed.
Some weapons from Beyond the forgotten ages mod:

1)Dragonfire blade (ice version) every time you swing it with right mouse button it dublicates (Fire version of it)
Those blades are the same at sprites but just different color palette and attack like: fire version can shoot projectiles and ice version can be only short range melee weapon.
Those weapons have same craft, you can shouse what blade you want fire or ice. (You can dupe them)

2)Blightened crusher: This weapon is broken, when you hold it you run like you using RMB attack but it's infinitely.

FoxFromPripyat

Terrarian
Bugreport again:
For multiplayer mod is completely unsuitable.
1. Do not cut down stumps. When you try to cut down - it remains in place and the server crashes.
2. After a few minutes of the game, a friend completely started to lag the game itself, the three of us played. The host and I were all fine.
3. When you try to connect the fourth player, the attempt fails at all and his game stops responding.
I don’t know, maybe a third-party host will fix the problems at all, but so far it’s impossible to play in this multiplayer mode.

ozoahameg

Terrarian
Bugreport again:
For multiplayer mod is completely unsuitable.
1. Do not cut down stumps. When you try to cut down - it remains in place and the server crashes.
2. After a few minutes of the game, a friend completely started to lag the game itself, the three of us played. The host and I were all fine.
3. When you try to connect the fourth player, the attempt fails at all and his game stops responding.
I don’t know, maybe a third-party host will fix the problems at all, but so far it’s impossible to play in this multiplayer mode.
same experience here
i usually play with only 2 but from time to time we like hunger games pvp and its starting to bug i have to disable overhaul so we could just join up
also the tree stumps is wtf it bugged my game many times
i can instruct everyone to avoid removing stumps, but it is unavoidable when were using bombsof explosives also its instantly brokeif we use smart coursur while using powerful modded pickaxe thus making it unplayable in multiplayer

FoxFromPripyat

Terrarian
same experience here
i usually play with only 2 but from time to time we like hunger games pvp and its starting to bug i have to disable overhaul so we could just join up
also the tree stumps is wtf it bugged my game many times
i can instruct everyone to avoid removing stumps, but it is unavoidable when were using bombsof explosives also its instantly brokeif we use smart coursur while using powerful modded pickaxe thus making it unplayable in multiplayer
Please note, according to observations, the stump is simply not processed by the server, as an object in general. When I cut down a stump from my friend (and he didn’t disappear), after a few minutes the server stopped responding and had to restart, BUT - the connection stopped at the moment of reading the blocks (which was shown as completed). Because of this, and such problems.
But the fact that the mod is generally not suitable for multiplayer is bad and very bad.

ozoahameg

Terrarian
Please note, according to observations, the stump is simply not processed by the server, as an object in general. When I cut down a stump from my friend (and he didn’t disappear), after a few minutes the server stopped responding and had to restart, BUT - the connection stopped at the moment of reading the blocks (which was shown as completed). Because of this, and such problems.
But the fact that the mod is generally not suitable for multiplayer is bad and very bad.
actually its suppose to be multiplayer suitable before but i dont know what happened taht in this late update(after the big update) multiplayer is bugged to the max
ill report this to the admin at discord

barlen900

Terrarian
hello can you fixed the bugg in overhaul bugg is: if i use pickaxe bcs i cut one tree so i cant and if i will kill one slime or another monster thats monster is puff i see not and i get no loot can you fix this

I have a bug to report.
The smoke that comes out of the chimney when you use wires is not working properly.

I don't know if you understand but a video of Khaios on youtube can help you understand a little.
put at 9:43

Last edited:

TSGFH

Terrarian
so i just updated the mod loader to version 0.11.5 and now after Terraria Overhaul finishes the intilization, and i get a bunch of text on the main menu, and this screen contiues to be displayed everywhere, even when in a world, on top of that after short amount of seconds. the game crashes
1570624875380.png

a few more details

mod list:
boss checklist
alchemist npc
thorium
calamity no music and music
simple auto chests
magic storage
unusacies' battle rods
bulldozer reborn
vein miner
boss cursor
cheat sheet
recipe browser
which mod is this from
yet another boss health bar
vending machines
Terraria Overhaul

system info
intel i7 2600
nvidia geforce gtx 960 4 gb vram
windows 7 home premium 64 bit

i dont have my GPU up to date because nvidia updates are a bit iffy on my side
i dont have the latest win 7 updates installed either

but i doubt this is a problem since i was able to play before updating

crash log:

10/9/2019 3:39:28 PM
System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame_()

ozoahameg

Terrarian
@Ultimate D.O.S. so you are saying he wont be updating and fixing the mod anymore ? is there no other way to reach him ? what about the discord server?
i dont know why but for some reason marsario dont really visit the forums much
report bugs on his discord (see 1st page for link)
its what i do most of the time, i keep reporting bugs i found on discord

Top Bottom