Terraria State of the Game - March 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this update is something negative because we wouldn't need to return to base to store items, many people like long explorations and complete the game in just one day without ever having to go back to base something very boring, I'm not saying that those who like to complete the game in just one day clearing the entire world without ever having to go back to the base are wrong, but there should be an option for those who like long explorations.
I mean, you could just go back to base every once in a while, since it’s a conscious decision. This update just causes the game not to force you to do so. If you want to, you could go back to your base after a certain amount of time or something. This just means you can still pick things up along the way.

I mean, you could just go back to base every once in a while, since it’s a conscious decision. This update just causes the game not to force you to do so. If you want to, you could go back to your base after a certain amount of time or something. This just means you can still pick things up along the way.
This means that to get all the items on the map in a single day without having to go back to base, I honestly don't like this idea, I think it makes the game much smaller.
But again, for those who like to complete the game in a day, I'm not blaming it or anything like that, the game has to have the option for those who like it, as there is already a Journey Mode, and I understand that many people don't have time to stay in long gameplays, but people who appreciate a long exploration need to be rewarded in some in-game system as well.

I don't understand how people can be opposed to the stack limit increase. This is personal experience, but when caving the only items that regularly go over the current stack limit for me are things like common blocks, ores and sometimes potions. Considering how many different unique items you pick up when caving, (potion ingredients, blocks, ores, gems, dye plants, mob drops, chests and chest loot, etc) you're still gonna have to clear out the inventory fairly often. This change just makes picking up tons of blocks or other very common materials more convenient. It will be nice not having to bin thousands of useful blocks because you don't want to throw away something more useful. Personal storage items will still be relevant as well. Don't see how this can be a negative change to anyone, I especially appreciate this change as a hoarder with dozens of chests. This change won't suddenly invalidate personal storage items or chests because a large portion of items will still remain unstackable, and those items are pretty common when exploring. (weapons, accessories, armor etc)

I can't remember the last time I had to return to base because I had a ton of stacks of the same items.

When I have to return to base, its because I have like 40 stacks of 40 different items. Hitting the stack limit is pretty uncommon for the average item. Maybe I might have 2 stacks of stone or something, but rarely have I ever had a scenario where having bigger stack quantity would have let me stay out longer.

This is going to impact things like Potion capacity or stacks of Building/Painting materials more than anything else, in my estimate.

Last edited:
I can't remember the last time I had to return to base because I had a ton of stacks of the same items.

When I have to return to base, its because I have like 40 stacks of 40 different items. Hitting the stack limit is pretty uncommon for the average item. Maybe I might have 2 stacks of stone or something, but rarely have I ever had a scenario where having bigger stack quantity would have let me stay out longer.

This is going to impact things like Potion capacity or stacks of Building/Painting materials more than anything else, in my estimate.
Said it better than I could, this change will make building and buffing up much easier!

this is exactly the words i was looking for.
Honestly, as someone who is building something in journey mode that requires thousands and thousands of blocks. I like how i don't have to worry about having to fill my inventory as much because of how 999 blocks isn't enough.
Lmao I already had keyboard and mouse control for my old Chrome book, which used mobile terraria
Oh here's the thing, it actually will be supported officially, I can connect a keyboard and mouse to my phone and terraria works with it, except the mouse is just acting as a touch instead of a mouse on pc. so it's just going to support it fully(something I've been looking forward to)

This was a joke btw.

I want to be able to legally allowed to easily fiddle with the game code and see what makes it tick and/or make my own change to the game, but thats gonna happen. Random I know, I just felt like saying it. Eh. *shrugs* Not gonna mess with the game code mind, I am horrrible when to programming.

Last edited:
I want to be able to legally allowed to easily fiddle with the game code and see what makes it tick and/or make my own change to the game, but thats gonna happen. Random I know, I just felt like saying it. Eh. *shrugs* Not gonna mess with the game code mind, I am horrrible when to programming.
Bruv -_-

CONSOLES - PLAYSTATION/XBOX/SWITCH

The team remains hard at work putting the finishing touches on the upcoming 1.4.1 - 1.4.3 updates for Console and Mobile. We remain fully on-track as of now to get this update in everyone's hands in April. We are very close to being able to submit to all first parties for approval - but we cannot give an exact launch window yet because we do not know how long or how many review passes any given company will want. That said, we are getting close!​
@prosans This is when

I am looking forward to the 1.4.3 update on Console and Mobile, and I understand a few of you are getting antsy about it, but patience is a virtue, I am sure it is not too far down the line hopefully. Also sorry if my last post did not go down too well with certain people, I usually like to be silly and mess around, I would not take my antics too seriously, I'm genrally just lightening the mood that's all.

I am looking forward to the 1.4.3 update on Console and Mobile, and I understand a few of you are getting antsy about it, but patience is a virtue, I am sure it is not too far down the line hopefully. Also sorry if my last post did not go down too well with certain people, I usually like to be silly and mess around, I would not take my antics too seriously, I'm genrally just lightening the mood that's all.
Patience is key to this. In fact I don’t think I’m gonna update terraria to 1.4.3 if it comes out in the midst of me making an episode cause I want that to be in its own episode and not a combination of both versions lol

Patience is key to this. In fact I don’t think I’m gonna update terraria to 1.4.3 if it comes out in the midst of me making an episode cause I want that to be in its own episode and not a combination of both versions lol
Thats fair enough, Grey, and to Kinightwalk, I like Dronni's idea of a launcher admittely, I know theres the TerraLauncher tool, but I honestly would not mind an official launcher much like MineCraft's and Technic's, especially if it allows multiple profiles, plus if it intergrated both Vanilla and TModLoader into one so much the better, but then we can easily make and store older/different versions to play seperately and also manage saves for Terrarria and TModLoader a bit easier, that's just my opinion. Also can't wait for 1.4 to be released on TModLoader, I been waiting for so long for this.

Last edited:
We just want a launcher with all versions. As this update is inevitable. Whether integrated into the game, or as a dlc.
Playing old versions wouldn't be bad at all, I would particularly play version 1.4.0.1, which is my favorite.
Thats fair enough, Grey, and to Kinightwalk, I like Dronni's idea of a launcher admittely, I know theres the TerraLauncher tool, but I honestly would not find an official launcher much like MineCraft's and Technic's, especially if it allows multiple profiles, plus if it intergrated both Vanilla and TModLoader into one so much the better, but that's just my opinion.
It’d honestly be really cool to be able to play versions from before I started playing the game. Though, I’m on Switch so that probably wouldn’t be a thing I could do anyway.

It’d honestly be really cool to be able to play versions from before I started playing the game. Though, I’m on Switch so that probably wouldn’t be a thing I could do anyway.
I agree, itd be nice to try out the older versions again I got Terraria back in March 2012, so that would mean back then I think the latest version was 1.1? Right? I don't rememebr it was a VERY long time ago mind. Although yeah if they did do that it probabky wouldn't make it to Console or Mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom