The Land of the Dead (Text Adventure)

Alright, gonna go ahead and start the game @Person999 i'll add you in later, i really wanted to give you time to discuss the one problem we had with your app.

~~~~The Land of the Dead~~~~

~~~~After almost 2 years in development, hopefully it will have been worth the wait~~~~

As always, the first few turns probably won’t be too crazy. So without further ado:

~~~~Greyton (@Xmax360)~~~~

HP: 300/300

Current Location: The Overgrowth Region.

You are Greyton, you awake in a forest feeling very…. Lightheaded… as you look around wondering where you are you manage to look down at your arms and body, you realize that… something isn’t exactly right. Also there is this annoying see through mug constantly flying around slamming into you annoyingly.

As you look around you just seem to be in the middle of a large forest, a present is nearby but not much else. Despite being night you can see just fine due to how bright the moon here is…. In fact, now that you inspect it you realize just how close the moon even is… where are you?

So what now Mr Rageon?

~~~~Fred (@tappaja100)~~~~

HP: 200/200

Current Location: Savage Savannah

You are Fred, the last thing you remember is the last moments of your life. You awaken sitting in the branches of an Acacia Tree in what looks like some sorta african savannah.

As you manage to end up completely falling off the branch out of surprise for your situation, you start to question yourself… how are you still alive? And more importantly where exactly are you?! You look around and see a large mountain far into the west with a large glowing castle of light on it. Looking elsewhere you see a campsite in the distance and a forest to the south. You are also starting to hear weird noises from the east. What now?

~~~~Phaedra (@Madder)~~~~

HP: 425/425

Current Location: The Overgrowth: Path to the Castle of Souls

You are Phaedra, your last memory was a series of unfortunate events that led to your demise. But that’s just it, You died, so why do you draw breath once more?

Well, it seems your very form has changed and now whatever you are, you exist now. But let’s move onto a better topic, WHERE are you? As you look around you notice that you are in the middle of a forest, seemingly a forest part that leads in two directions. The first is a strange stone platform in the middle of the ground, it seemingly doesn’t have any interest to it. The other path seems to lead to a large castle like structure in front of you, the building looks old.

What now?

~~~~Brother Garrun (@IHATETHISSIGNUP / Jedinate)~~~~

Current Location: The Overgrowth

You are Garrun, you arise in a hole in the ground, which you quickly climb out. You seem to be in the middle of this forest, and you can if i understood your abilities right “”””””See””””” A present nearby and a road leading to a tunnel to your left and a split path going north or east to your right.

What now?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And so it begins!

Why am I still alive? Should've used a 12. gauge I suppose. He decides to head toward the castle, maybe they'll have some kind of explanation to this whole thing.

First "Floating mug stop it... wait floating, mug, ugh." Second, "Moon, back off." And Last, Greyton proceeds to ""walk"" to the present and open it. Mid-walk "WAIT AM I DEAD?", Greyton screams.

Phaedra stands still and examines his surroundings closer for about 10 seconds. He then surrenders his inquisition to the might of the stone platform, and shambles his way over to examine it, the wind still knocked out of him from all the gunshots.

"I... what? Huh. Last I remember is waking up in my sleep, and... oh. That's right. He lopped my head off. Wait. He severed my head? I... am I dead? Well, this is not how imagined the afterlife at all..."
*Brother Garrun walks to the present, before seeing the image one second prior of him... having hair.*
"I... what? Hair? By the... how long was I out? Hm... I guess I might as well open this present, then... seems as though it might've been left here for me."
*Garrun opens the present.*

HP: 300/300
Current Location: The Overgrowth Region.

The mug starts making a low buzzing noise.
As greyton floats to the present he notices that he is floating… and proceeds to freak out.
He manages to open the present, inside was a double burger, Greyton takes it.
Greyton than looks around at the possible forest paths, he could go u-
THREAT.png

Oh? A threat i see? Well since we are friends, allow me to give you something EXTRA friendly for that!
Suddenly, 3 hands pop out from the ground! A group of Feral Zombies draw near!

Current Location: Savage Savannah

As fred starts his trek towards the castle he realizes just how far away it is… he eventually walks over to a cliffside and looks down at the savannah valley before him, he sees so many strange creatures that are definitely not from earth…

He notices the following:
A ruined building in the distance, what looks like weird blue creatures with spider legs are making webs all over it.
A large herd of horse like creatures, except their entire backside,backlegs and all is missing leaving an exposed spine to serve as a makeshift tail. They seem to be wearing skull masks too…
Large creatures moving in herds, they look like a mix of a scorpion and a buffalo.
A tree with a noose on it, Fred notices that the noose seemingly whips itself towards another one of those horse things when it gets close, but it misses it.
Another tree, seemingly a dead one. Fred swears he saw it move and there isn’t a single breeze out here right now…
And finally a dog like creature seemingly using a hose-like tongue to drain blood out of a dead normal looking deer.

Likewise after looking around Fred notices that there is another type of forest in the distance, and what might be a town in the faint north. Does fred still head towards the castle? Or either the nearby forest or the darker forest? Or would you like to try your luck and go through the busiest part of this valley to reach the nearby town?

As Phaedra wanders over to expect the strange stone platform, he has not a single clue what it could be. He tries touching it, nothing happens, standing on it? Nothing happens.
Although some other things of interest, it seems that this platform might’ve been a part of a larger building. Although if it was there is seemingly no signs of any other parts to it nearby. The platform also has several strange runes and symbols he has never seen before.

???: I wouldn’t be too concerned with that old junk.

Phaedra turns around to see a neatly dressed man, seemingly of pale skin and red eyes. He looks like the stereotypical vampires to end all stereotypical vampires. He has just suddenly appeared behind you sitting in a fancy chair with a book in one hand and a wine glass full of seemingly “red wine” in the other.

???: My clans never figured it out what it was supposed to be, neither has the Revenants, nor the CG’s so as far as i’m concerned-
*yawn*
Tis just old junk…
The mysterious man sips his “wine”

Current Location: The Overgrowth

Garrun opens the present, inside was a mysterious egg.
He “Looks” around again and has a strange feeling that someone is fastly approaching, do you stay to see whom it is? Or do you flee in one of the directions you can go to?

"So, I'm going to take a guess, that you guys wanna kill me, well." Greyton uses Intimidating shout at the feral zombies. "GET OUT OF HERE BEFORE I CRUSH YOUR SORRY SKULLS!"

Last edited:
He stops for a bit to think where he should go and decides to go to the nearby forest.

Feral Zombies A, B, and C mindlessly rush down Greyton to try and scratch him up.

(Yes, while I am gonna try to make your unlives hell, I am trying to keep the enemies somewhat convincing)

HP: 289/300
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Roadside

Greyton: 289/300
VS
Feral Zombie A: 50/50
Feral Zombie B: Fled!
Feral Zombie C: 50/50

Greyton lets out an intimidating shout!
Feral Zombie A yawns.
Feral Zombie B fled!
Feral Zombie C yawns.
The Ghost Mug attacks! Greyton took 1 damage.
Feral Zombie A slashes with its claws! Missed!
Feral Zombie C slashes with its claws! It did 10 damage!

Current Location: The Overgrowth: Savage Savannah pathway

Fred decides to start heading towards the forest and enters the Overgrowth Region.
He continues walking in the forest and finds a road, he also notices a present nearby stuck in the ground, an old car that he could probably repair if he had the parts and skill to and he also notices plenty of deer all around.

Suddenly fred hears a man screaming about a mug in the distance, you have a few options now of where or what to do.

Strange disembodied music starts to play from an unknown source, Alfred informs Phaedra to ignore it.
???: I should be asking you that, Your aura is practically a hostile cloud shrouded with bloodshed and senseless violence…
*Wine sip* *Book page flip*
???: Alfred Blackblood, last of the Blackblood clan.
So go on than, i’d enjoy hearing the thrilling tale of who you are…

Alfred returns to reading while waiting for Phaedra to respond.

Current Location: The Overgrowth: 13th Street pathway.

A man starts to approach, a Zombie wearing monk garb
???: Hmm? Oh you poor lost soul, what on earth are you doing out here in the woods alone? It’s Ghoul season.
The monk approaches.

"Who am I... that is a complicated question."
Phaedra draws a deep breath.
"I am Phaedra. Hah. They used to tell tales about me so I didn't have to. Those who knew the face would tremble, others heard the name and trembled. What is this place?"

"I'LL KILL YOU FOR THAT!" Greyton uses Do lots of harm and punches ghoul C. And with him being angry, he goes into wraith form. Dammit Greyton.

Huh, a present, but why would anyone leave that there, well, whoever it was probably didn't leave it for me, but what does it matter? He opens the present.

“I... what kind of plague do you have for such a appearance? You poor thing...”
Isn't your character blind?

◄►◄►◄►◄►◄►◄► (Editing my enemy actions into here)

Feral Zombie A continues scratching at Greyton.
Feral Zombie C continues scratching at Greyton, assuming it doesn't become one with the ground.

Last edited:
HP: 279/300
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Roadside

Greyton: 279/300 [WRAITH]
VS
Feral Zombie A: 50/50
Feral Zombie B: Fled!
Feral Zombie C: DEAD

The mug reveals that he has placed a curse on Greyton to have enemies deal normal damage to him this round, Oh ThE HuMaNiTy!
Grey goes into his wraith form due to anger! He winds up a powerful punch and punches Feral Zombie C!
SMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!
It did 600 damage! The Feral Zombie is defeated! It drops a present.
Feral Zombie A Scaratches! It did 10 damage.

Current Location: The Overgrowth: Savage Savannah pathway

Fred opens the present, inside was a Ghostly Gibus! He takes it.
The man's voice from earlier is heard getting angry.
(Note, you have to specify if you equip an equipment item.)

Alfred realizes he is out of wine and tosses his glass to the ground, he snaps and his book turns into a bat and flies away. He then stands up and his chair disappears.
Alfred: Where indeed… a Land of mystery, a world another, A world of undeath never ending…
The residents refer to it as the Land of the Dead, or the LOTD or LOD for short. And judging by your rather checkered aura, i can tell your death wasn’t a pleasant one…

Alfred snaps and disappears, Phaedra quickly turns around to see him casually sitting next to the stone platform with a campfire and a marshmallow on a stick.

Alfred: Rest assured friend, provided none of your past enemies are here, there is plenty of chances for a fresh start in your new afterlife…
He stands up after lightning his marshmallow on fire.
Alfred: i’ll be keeping my eye on you friend, in the meantime, there is a town just behind us but due to the thickness of the trees and the gate blocking the path, the only way through is the castle of souls in front of us. But be warned, there are both hostile and friendly people awaiting you in there…
That town could be a good start for you to figure out what to do with yourself. It’s owned by a group of warriors known as the Crimson Guard.

Alfred sits back at his campfire.
Alfred: We will meet again Phaedra.

Current Location: The Overgrowth: 13th Street pathway.

Zombie: Plague? How rude..
My child, have you not seen a zombie before?
Well no matter… i am Father Marvin, sole priest of the Church of the Reaper just nearby… may i know your name lost lamb?

"Stop" "ANGER!" Goreton tries to rip apart Zombie A. And yes Greyton in wraith form is now called Goreton. I'm not edgy I swear.

Back
Top Bottom