The Land of the Dead (Text Adventure)

"I suppose no useful information can be gathered by analyzing these underlings. Oh well."
Phaedra fires his revolver at Skeleton Maid.

(Great you give the guy from the medieval times a grenade)
I inspect the grenade “what on gods green earth is this!” I exclaim Ignoring the shadow “what is this loop? Why is it bumpy? Who made it and why was it in a colorful box?” I then pull the pin curiously.

(Great you give the guy from the medieval times a grenade)
I inspect the grenade “what on gods green earth is this!” I exclaim Ignoring the shadow “what is this loop? Why is it bumpy? Who made it and why was it in a colorful box?” I then pull the pin curiously.
hey, don't blame me, blame my random number generator.

"Since you seem to not want to kill me, unlike those other... things, we could work together, but I have rules, number one, DON'T PISS ME OFF! end of rules." Greyton says clearly to Fred.

"That's easy enough to understand, just don't go throwing mugs at everyone you see."

~~~~Radio~~~~
Weather Report: A light rain is affecting: The Overgrowth,13th Street,Murkwater Mire and the Pumpkin Yard, it will be moving north to the Death Highlands and Savage Savannah.

~~~~Greyton (@Xmax360)~~~~
HP: 274/300 LVL: 1
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Roadside
~~~And~~~
~~~~Fred (@tappaja100)~~~~
HP: 199/200 LVL: 1

Greyton and Fred have an understanding, Is this a teamup? If so perhaps you two should think of a Team name.

The mug slowly lands on top of Greytons head and sits there somehow.

The light rain from the radios forecast finally hits you, it’s probably not a problem. Where too?

~~~~Phaedra (@Madder)~~~~
HP: 424/425 LVL:1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Hallway.

Phaedra: 424/425
VS
Reflective Assassin: 30/40
Skeleton Maid: 30/50 [BUFF]

The Skeleton Maid casts Buff!
The Skeleton Maids Defence has increased by 20!
The Reflective Assassin watches.
Phaedra attacks via revolver, it did 20 damage. The boosted DEF reduced some of the damage!

Light rain can be heard hitting the nearby windows.

~~~~Brother Garrun (@IHATETHISSIGNUP / Jedinate)~~~~
Body HP: 200/200
Head HP: 200/200 LVL:1
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Nearing the Church of the Reaper.

Marvin: No… they’re only recruits, maybe i can reason with them…
Probably not but it’s against my nature to not try to help those who stray from the path of good.

The two walk up towards the paladin recruits, they notice and draw their weapons.
Marvin: Sheath your weapons my sons, tell me, why do you two choose the path that you walk?
Recruit: Hmmph, a Zombie? And seemingly another human.
Recruit2: HUMAN! Why do you mingle with that gutter filth that stands before you?
Quickly slay the rotter and come with us, Lady Alyssa is ALWAYS looking for my recruits…

Marvin: Children of malice, you do not see reason. Please, think about the path you have chosen, is this really the path you wa-
Recruit2: ARRRGH, These damn Zombies, always constantly whining and groaning. Let’s just put it down!
Recruit: Let’s go ahead and take out that human too, look at those eyes, he clearly is a worthless vermin in his own right…

Marvin: Fine, Garrun i’ll deal with the one on the left, you take the one on the right.

A Paladin Recruit draws near!

A light rain begins to fall...

~~~~Varvin Arthan (@Person999)~~~~
HP: 250/250 LVL 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Study.

As Varvin is about to pull the grenade pin the shadow wakes up and notices, it quickly runs over and grabs Varvin
Masked Shadow: WHAT IN THE 9 CIRCLES OF HELL ARE YOU DOING?!
It lets out a breath.
Masked Shadow: Don’t pull that, i don’t feel like blowing up today.
….
….
….
….
So who are you suicidal Grenadier?

~~~~Benevolent Tingler (@Deputy Hue)~~~~
Body HP: 300/300
Head HP: 300/300 LVL 1
Current Location: Pumpkin Yard: Windmill

The Tingler walks up the stairs, each step the creek gets louder and louder.
As he makes it to the top he finds a TV on, it’s static. There is an empty couch and a nearby barrel, there is basically nothing else in here. The creep factor is very much off the charts.
To make things even worse, he hears rain starting to fall.

~~~~Magnus (@TheGuy)~~~~
HP: 450/450 LVL 1
Current Location: The Ashlands: Sprawling Sands

Magnus doesn’t do anything this time around.

The Reflective Assassin goes in for a sleeper hit on Phaedra and then does fancy athletic moves to get away from him... But why the need to be flashy when only your reflection can be seen? T I M E T O M A K E L O R E F O R T H I S N A M E L E S S G U Y !

The Skeleton Maid attacks Phaedra with her broom.
◄►◄►◄►
May my sword strike true, and your weapon break briskly!

Paladin Recruit slashes at Brother Garrun.

“What in the name of god is a grenadier? Also- wait” *rubs eyes* “are my eye deceiving me? You are made of shadow! I thought it was the bad lighting! BEGONE FOUL DEMON OF HELL!” I say as I activate crusade!

Phaedra swipes a pot from the shelf somewhat in the direction of the assassin to distract him, then takes a shot at him with his revolver.

"Agreed. Let's go, that way." Greyton says pointing in the direction the zombie ran off to. Greyton proceeds to pet the mug while going.

~~~~Radio~~~~
*Music Plays*

~~~~Greyton (@Xmax360)~~~~
HP: 274/300 LVL: 1
~~~And~~~
~~~~Fred (@tappaja100)~~~~
HP: 199/200 LVL: 1

The Ghost’n’Man decide to walk/float down the road.
As they continue walking they notice a castle in the distance, and find a sign with a cross roads

Castle of Souls/Edens Garden ----->
13th Street/ *Scratched off text* ------>

Frogs can be heard rabbiting and splashing in the small puddles being formed.

~~~~Phaedra (@Madder)~~~~
HP: 319/425 LVL:1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Hallway.

Phaedra: 319/425
VS
Reflective Assassin: 1/40
Skeleton Maid: 30/50 [BUFF] [RAGE!]

Phaedra takes the last pot in the room and tosses it towards the assassin, the assassin dodges it.
Phaedra than shoots the assassin, it did 29 damage!
The Skeleton Maids rage activates! ATK increased by 5!
The Reflective Assassin attacks with a sleeper hit! It did 15 damage. It failed to put Phaedra to sleep.
The Skeleton Maid attacks with her broom, SMAAAAAAAAAAAASH! It did 90 damage!

~~~~Brother Garrun (@IHATETHISSIGNUP / Jedinate)~~~~
Body HP: 185/200
Head HP: 200/200 LVL:1
Current Location: The Overgrowth: Nearing the Church of the Reaper.

Garrun: 185/200
VS
Paladin Recruit: 60/60

The Paladin Recruit Slashes faster than Garrun can act! He did 15 damage.
Garrun wasn’t prepared for the paladins speed and therefore did not get to catch his weapon obviously.

~~~~Varvin Arthan (@Person999)~~~~
HP: 250/250 LVL 1
Current Location: Castle of Souls: First Floor Study.

Shadow: Spell of the Old Ones #7: Nullify!
Varvin feels his abilities nullified.
Shadow: Take it easy there my vampire friend, i ain’t no demon from hell. Please never confuse me with them, they are too… 70s retro, i could never pull that look off.

The masked shadow backs away from the nullified varvin, who for some reason can’t even move his body.
Shadow: I really didn’t want to do that..
The shadow sounds sad and concerned
Shadow: Are you okay? That didn’t somehow hurt you did it?
My name is Grimal, i use my powers and my crystals to help people travel to other crystals far and wide, all over Hyp- The Land of the Dead.

Now, i’m sure you wanting to kill me is just an overreaction, after all. Nobody would ever murder anyone for no reason right? You are probably a good person right?

Grimal murmurs something and than Varvin can move again, his abilities are no longer suppressed..

Grimal: So let’s try this again *Throat Clear* My name is Grimal, Grimal the Crystal Manager, who are you?
This “Demon” seems so innocent.

~~~~Benevolent Tingler (@Deputy Hue)~~~~
Body HP: 300/300
Head HP: 300/300 LVL 1
Current Location: Pumpkin Yard: Windmill

Tingler sits on the couch and somehow knows how to use a TV remote, none of the channels change. He suddenly hears a dragging noise coming from the basement.
He also swears he saw the TV shake a little, perhaps beating the TV will make it work?

~~~~Magnus (@TheGuy)~~~~
HP: 450/450 LVL 1
Current Location: The Ashlands: Sprawling Sands

Magnus tries to open the present, Suddenly the present shoots into the air as a long weird eel thing with a very predator-looking mouth and at least 6 eyes leaps from the sand trying to gulp something. It seems that it is using the present as a Lure…
Thankfully Magnus didn’t get TOO close, otherwise he would be food for this eel thing.
The beast returns to the sand.

Do you attempt to mess with the creature more, or continue to town?

After coughing a little bit of blood, the Reflective Assassin says,

Good shot, if that were just a wee bit closer, you would've got me, but I'll be back for you! I'll be there when you are at your lowest to kick you down! I will hold this grudge for a long time...

He then begins to flee.

Meanwhile the skeleton maid is still going to hit Phaedra with her broom.
◄►◄►◄►
The Paladin Recruit, now that they are close up to their opponent, goes for a leg sweep to knock them down to the ground.(I'd love to see how this fails, this is a rookie, not an experienced soldier after all)

Last edited:
(Benevolent Tingler)
Tingler proceeds to get up and throw the television out the window, he then proceeds to quietly peek down the stairs.

Back
Top Bottom